“Wanted this place to be great”

Woody's Surfside Island Rum & Grille
Ranked #83 of 464 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I really wanted Woody's to be great. It's in my neighborhood so the location is perfect. Unfortunately, the service and food is not so perfect. Love the decor, the outdoor seating, and the location. The service was just awful. We were seated right away and then waited. And waited. Finally, a server took our drink and food order. Our neighbors were also in the restaurant which we thought was a good sign, however they left without eating because the restaurant was out of chicken wings AND Grouper for their Grouper sandwich. Really? On a Saturday? I tried the fish tacos. A nice sized serving of 3 tacos but the Mahi was very dry due to being overcooked. My husband ordered the Oyster Po Boy sandwich and it was very good. I'd like to give them another chance and probably will since it is located in our neighborhood, but I'm thinking a beer and appetizer may be a better idea.

1  Thank TravelGal22SWFlorida

Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Went there with. 10 friends . We got are table and it was down hill from there. Waiter got orders wrong.hamburgers were over cooked , but cold,clams were awful,my favorite.i'd been better off with potatoe chip they were so dry. Also for a lunch the piped in music was over bearing.you had tell yell.Will not be back. To over priced for what you get. I hope they don't lower the quality of the one on the water.

3  Thank Tarpondog
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I live nearby and have tried this place a few times. I wanted to like it but the service seems to get worse every time. The last time I went I did not even get seated after two employees walked by and acknowledged my wife and I waiting.
The food is not good enough to justify the high price and poor service. You are better off going to a chain like Olive garden or Ruby Tuesday. Don't be fooled by how the place looks. It is not a representation of the quality of the food or the people that work there.

1  Thank clang810
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We tend to lunch at Woody's once a week and consistently enjoy it. The service is timely and friendly and the food never fails to be good. (Homemade chips are great!)

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The second visit and still out of pulled pork. They should be prepared or take it off menu!
I ordered the Holy Cow and was surprised the meat is cold. I would have preferred hot. It was a large portion of meat and rye bread was good. Chairs need cushions.