“Only place around to do anything”

Mike Greenwell's Bat-A-Ball & Family Fun Park
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The nearest go karts are 45 minutes away, the nearest mini golf about 35, i dont even know of another arcade in the area and batting cages 45 min away. When you are living in or visiting Cape Coral this place is one of the only things there is to do. My cousins visited and said the mini golf course was not all that exiting. The only good go kart one is the one in the way back that goes above the ground. Its really expensive though. Guy friends of mine like the paintball. I go once in a while when I have coupons. It's just something to do, but nothing special.

I agree with the person who said it is run down. They need new carpet and stuff like that.

There are newer reviews for Mike Greenwell's Bat-A-Ball & Family Fun Park

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great for the kids on a rainy day, batting cages, go carts, arcade games,etc. for the most part were no cons

Reviewed August 31, 2013

If you go here after reading my review, you were warned. This place is run by people who just don't care. I don't know what they can do to change it but the staff needs an overhaul. Then it needs a total renovation. This place just makes no sense and the thing is the Cape needs a place like this where you could drop off the kids for some fun for a few hours. My guess is the owner (I still don't know who Mike Greenwell is or why I should care) doesn't care. Maybe he needs a tax write off. Sorry dude your place is the pits. (maybe OK for a 4 or 5 year olds party but even that is pushing it.)

Reviewed August 30, 2013

They have a nice putt putt course and our daughters love it. Not as many arcade games inside as in the past.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Where to begin...shock and dismay at every turn. This place has been here for a long time. It used to be good. We started by entering into the arcade area. They have rearranged the machine locations, but same OLD machines. I can't tell you how many say "SORRY OUT OF ORDER" I use the term arcade loosely because there are a few arcade games, but most everything is "gambling for kids". The machines give tickets so the kids can win some cheap prizes if they collect enough. Looks like gambling to me!

We proceeded to the counter to redeem our certificates for the batting cages that we had purchased and paid for a while ago. Only to be informed by the woman who claims she is the manager that they would not give us our tokens now because we missed our opportunity to redeem the certificate when we bought it.

I tried to explain to the woman that at the time we bought them and did not use the batting cages we were told we could come back at anytime and redeem them since we paid for them. In fact the voucher as NO EXPIRATION DATE on it all. I further tried to demonstrate how ludicrous their policy was by explaining that if I had converted the voucher into the the actual token back when we bought the voucher and held on to the tokens I could have easily used them today and we would not be having this conversation.

Unfortunately, she emphatically held her grown for her $2.00 batting cage token and told me I was out of luck. Too bad...so sad....there was nothing she could do.

But here is the real kicker, we had vouchers for mini golf and she said no problem we could use those. Go Figure.

So we headed out to play mini-golf. WARNING: This is not a safe place to play minigolf. This is the most run down course I have ever seen. There are huge cracks in the concrete walkways that have separated 4-5 inches in someplaces. The grass is over grown, standing water on the back side full of mosquitos.

And then to my amazement, as we got almost half way through, there is a sign offering draft beers just ahead! Sure enough at hole 9 there is a bar!

Not exactly the kind of place a family wants to bring their kids by especially with the language going on there.

I DONT GET IT, I MUST HAVE SEEN 4 -5 SIGNS AROUND THE PROPERTY STATING "NO ALCOHOL ON PREMISES" AND THEN RIGHT IN THE MINI-GOLF COURSE THERE IS A BAR!!!

After our game of golf the kids wanted to try the go-karts. This is probably the most run down dirtiest section of the property. The machines that were working were dirty, greasy and grimy!

I am guessing they do not have many working machines left. One track we went by only had one car operational for it.

The kids drove and found the cars to be very uncomfortable. You know if must be bad when a kid complains.

There once was a day when Greenwell's was a great place to bring the kids and the family for fun. That day has long past. Apparently others feel the same way as there were only 2 cars in the parking lot at about 4 pm on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.

Needless to say, we won't be back. I hope they feel good about keeping my $2,00 batting token. It is the last $2.00 they will ever get out of me.

3  Thank LocalJoeCC