“not my cup of tea”

Azucar Restaurant and Bakery
Ranked #94 of 422 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Latin, Cuban, Caribbean, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is a wonderful, family owned little reaStay rant and bakery. We have eaten there many times - breakfast, lunch and dinner. This restaurant should be included in your listings. The food is authentic and delicious. The service is great. Love this place!!!!!
“not my cup of tea”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Ola! Well let me start this off by saying this. I come to realize I am not a fan of Cuban cuisine . I love Cuban coffee and the roasted pig. It stops for me there.

I have been here twice. Both times the people and service are outstanding.
Now to the food.
The quality is excellent/ BUT the pastries are not very sweet and there is TOO much guava offered.
Cuban sandwiches are just ham and cheese with a slice of pork. The bread though crunchy on outside and fluffy inside it is verrrrrrrrrry plain like wonder bread.

I was adventurous and tried the Spanish omelet. It was terrible. It was like eating a pancake style omelet incorporated with ham & what I think was a chorizo sausage . TOO well done and arid to my taste buds. So I really did not enjoy my meal.
Oh yes I did not ask for hot sauce. I tried what was on the table. Peso Pete I think a Louisianan style sauce. Tasted like a tobasco wayyyy too much vinegar. Oh yes they gave me these potato stixs. The kind that are in the can at the supermarket . THAT JUST PLAIN SUCKS .
My bill came under 10 bucks so not too bad. And like I said great service.

• Visited September 2013

Tampa Bay, Florida
“Really good Cuban food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We came here for dinner and were so happy with the choice. The simple things were delicious. Condensato coffee was perfect. Cuban bread was piping hot, crisp, buttery and delicious. Lechon with rice and beans were superb. Was not crazy about the seafood empanada but want to go back for more basics done amazingly well.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank LisaB892
Cape Coral, Florida
“Roast pork, yellow rice and black beans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Great Cuban food. Don't get the deep fried pork, get the other one. Very friendly servers. Nice bakery too.

Visited June 2013
Dallas, Texas
“very good cuban food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Nice little restaurant. Food is very good and reasonably priced. The clam chowder was superb - actually had clams in the shell included in the soup. Service was very good and friendly - ate there twice in two days (lunch both days)

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Father's Day Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I am, admittedly, a fussy diner. I typically read every review I can find before setting foot in a restaurant. True to form, I searched the Internet for great breakfast spots in Cape Coral. I had never even heard of Azucar's, nor noticed it while driving down Del Prado, but the reviews convinced me to give it a whirl for our family of five on Father's Day. As first-time diners at this establishment, we were all pleasantly surprised! We were especially pleased that they allowed reservations on a typically busy breakfast holiday, so there was no waiting and we were seated promptly! The food was great, portions were perfectly sized, and the service was friendly and very patient with all our menu questions. Although they had run out of sweet bread for the French toast (which was a side dish to our meal!), they offered a choice of pastries as a substitute. The coconut pastry tasted like coconut baklava----yummy! We had a fabulous family gathering, a terrific breakfast, and we'll definitely visit this hidden gem again soon!

• Visited June 2013