“Father's Day Breakfast”

Azucar Restaurant and Bakery
Ranked #81 of 431 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Cuban
Description: This is a wonderful, family owned little reaStay rant and bakery. We have eaten there many times - breakfast, lunch and dinner. This restaurant should be included in your listings. The food is authentic and delicious. The service is great. Love this place!!!!!
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I am, admittedly, a fussy diner. I typically read every review I can find before setting foot in a restaurant. True to form, I searched the Internet for great breakfast spots in Cape Coral. I had never even heard of Azucar's, nor noticed it while driving down Del Prado, but the reviews convinced me to give it a whirl for our family of five on Father's Day. As first-time diners at this establishment, we were all pleasantly surprised! We were especially pleased that they allowed reservations on a typically busy breakfast holiday, so there was no waiting and we were seated promptly! The food was great, portions were perfectly sized, and the service was friendly and very patient with all our menu questions. Although they had run out of sweet bread for the French toast (which was a side dish to our meal!), they offered a choice of pastries as a substitute. The coconut pastry tasted like coconut baklava----yummy! We had a fabulous family gathering, a terrific breakfast, and we'll definitely visit this hidden gem again soon!

1  Thank Julescc963

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Went here for a late lunch one Saturday and found a rare gem among a sea of otherwise mundane eateries along Del Prado Blvd.

We split a pollo y queso empanada made with homade pastry and served with a delicous side sauce. My wife had the ropa vieja which she said was very flavorful and tender. I had the classic cuban sandwich with black beans and yellow rice on the side, all very good and the best cuban bread I have had locally.

We checked out the bakery and had to take home some treats for later, which were wonderful.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We have grown to like Azucar as a step above other Cuban restaurants in Cape Coral in terms of food, atmosphere and clientele. However, on our last visit, we were disappointed. The food was left under the lights or heater too long and was really dried out and tasteless. Besides, our waitress deliberately avoided any eye contact so we could not ask for any service. On a previous visit, the server knew I wanted water before I even asked. Between the food and the nonchalent attitude of the waitress I probably will go back to one of the other restaurants in town.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

The four of us went there for dinner a week ago. Do not miss this place. People are very friendly. Very good portions, hot and tasty. Get there by six o'clock, fills up by 7. We will be back for breakfast.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I suppose I just don't like Cuban food. I have tried several Cuban restaurants and find the food bland. I had scallops that the waiter highly recommended. They were terribly overcooked. The black beans were good, but plain. The garlic mashed potatoes were not good. Fellow diners had pork & skirt steak dishes, that they also said were bland. They only have a limited beer selection and wine, no liquor. So, no mojitos! We did have a large group and were the only ones in the restaurant. The service was very slow. Good coffee though.