“Good Food, Nice Menu”

Fletchers Grill and Spirits
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Priced right, good food, pleasant atmosphere, efficient service. Appetizers make a great meal. Desserts are delicious.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Bonnie waited on us and she couldn't have been more pleasant and attentive! We have been to Fletcher's several times since thay opened and have been happy with food and service each time. We live close but are pretty picky about where we spend our $ for eating. Happy with the changes!!

Darlene S, General Manager at Fletchers Grill and Spirits, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Terri,
I am happy to hear that you are happy with our Restaurant and our Service. Bonnie is an asset to our team and the Chef has made some great changes to the menu in the last few months. Please ask for me next time you are in so I can meet you!
Looking forward to your next visit

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Fletchers appears to not know what it wants to be - a fine dining restaurant or a sports bar - and the result is a confusing hybrid. The inside decor is that of a fine dining establishment with a lot of dark wood and brick, and the menu prices reflect the need to cover that cost. At the same time, the bar area takes up a substantial amount of space and the entire facility has televisions interspersed throughout, giving the impression that it is a sports bar deep at heart. The atmosphere and ambiance, while different, is interesting and comfortable. Unfortunately, this is the only good thing I can say about my first dining experience at Fletchers. The food, service and value, main components of any Trip Advisor restaurant review, must be rated poor or worse.

Value - Thinking I was going to a sports bar and restaurant, I got sticker shock when I saw the menu. An 8 oz. filet costs $29 and doesn't come with a salad. My wife's soup cost $5 and my salad cost $3. I got the distinct impression that this place is trying to be a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse with their high ala carte pricing, but in a sports bar atmosphere. In my opinion, the two don't mix.

Food - My wife ordered french onion soup and was quite pleased with it. I ordered a Caesar salad and was happy with the flavor of the dressing, enjoying the salad as a whole. My wife ordered the 10 oz. cut of prime rib for $16, medium, and I ordered fried grouper over rice and market vegetables for $16. Our server gave a very strong suggestion to order it grilled rather than fried so it wouldn't reduce the flavor of the sauce i chose, which was coconut ginger, and I followed his advice. My wife's prime rib was dried out with no flavor; even the outside portion where the spices are placed was bland, and the entire piece of meat was tough. I tried a bite to see what she was complaining about and found her description to be accurate. My grouper was half the size of what I expected, being the same sized piece of fish I had received a few nights before at a different establishment when I ordered a grouper sandwich, probably about five or six ounces. It was the smallest portion of anything on the plate, with there being more rice and even more green beans. The fish tasted plain with little flavor - just grilled. The charred flavor you get with grilled anything was the most predominant taste. The coconut ginger sauce I ordered was tasted on one bite of rice. Other than that, there was no flavor to the meal. I wished I had ordered it fried as I originally requested and not listened to the server. I was more concerned, however, with leaving the restaurant hungry due to the size of the entree. The issues we had could not be addressed due to the next topic - service.

Service - The hostess asked us to sit in the bar area and we declined, asking to be seated in the main dining room. Upon leaving the building later, I told my wife that we should have listened to the hostess. We saw a total of four servers in the main dining area taking care of three other tables, so we could not understand why it took five minutes for a server to greet us and take our drink order. She then handed the order off to who was supposed to be our actual server, a young man named Brad who did not introduce himself, only dropping off the drinks and asking us if we had any questions about the menu. After he took the order, he brought out our soup and salad within a few minutes, but that, unfortunately, was the only thing he did correctly for the rest of the meal. He had no feel for the pace of the meal, bringing out our entrees well before we were finished with our salad and soup, causing us to rush to finish them so our entrees didn't get cold. He didn't check back to see if we were enjoying the entrees, or give us a chance to let him know anything was wrong for over ten minutes. When he did finally show up and I told him I thought the fish portion was quite small, he became indignant, telling me that their chefs weighed out each piece of fish to be 8 oz. I told him I thought this one was more like 5 or 6 oz. and he simply said, "All the pieces are the same size." He apparently mentioned this to the MOD, because the manager arrived at the table a few minutes later, wanting to know if he could do anything for us. I told him I thought the piece of fish was small and I didn't think it would satisfy me completely, but I wasn't looking for anything - I simply wanted him to know my thoughts. I couldn't argue about the original size of the piece because it was already half gone. He said he would tell the chef.

When we finished our meals, the server cleared off the dishes and left without asking us about drinks, dessert, or anything else. I expected to receive the check in short order, but we sat there for 15 minutes before we again saw the server. It was then that he asked if we wanted dessert and I responded rather curtly that I was unaccustomed to waiting for 15 minutes after the conclusion of the meal before being approached by servers and simply wanted my check so I could leave before an approaching storm. I also told him that due to his lack of service, he did not deserve a standard tip. He became very rude and obnoxious, and told me that he didn't expect to receive any tip from me. I then demanded to speak to the manager once again. Five minutes later, the manager arrived with our check and asked what the problem was. I related all of our issues with the server to him and told him about the poor food quality, and explained that with the last exchange with the server, he turned a less than satisfactory dining experience into one so terrible that we would not return. I explained to him that both my wife and I are in the restaurant industry and are very understanding to the problems that servers may encounter, and are usually more forgiving than the average consumer, but the service we received was simply unacceptable. To the manager's credit, he was very apologetic, offered us a free dessert and a 25% discount on our next visit, and sat down at the table with us to talk for 10 minutes when I am sure he had other things to do. But between the poor service, bland food and poor value, I am not sure we will return. To give the place one last chance, I asked the manager what their specialties were - their best dishes for which they were most well known - and was told it was their seafood and steaks. In all fairness, their steaks may be worth trying, but I would not spend the money to get their seafood again and the prime rib my wife received was simply not good. And we arrived at the restaurant a few minutes after 7:00, so it wasn't like she got the last piece at the end of the night.

In conclusion, I cannot recommend Fletchers. I usually will give a restaurant a second chance after having a bad experience if service or food is less than satisfactory. But when both are bad and the perceived value is also poor, I feel I would be wasting my money to go back. Hot dogs filled me up when we got home and had more flavor than the meal at Fletchers.

4  Thank John S

John,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your service and dining experience. I am so to hear that we did not live up to your expecations. We are in the process of changing our menus and will be completed in the next couple of weeks. We do hope that you will come back and give us another try

Reviewed August 21, 2012

When the Pot Roast arrived I mentioned to my server that there's no meat in my dinner, maybe an ounce hidden under a pound of potatos, maybe three bites and I'm not kidding, she said yes that's unusual and I'll let the kitchen know, so I waited and waited and waited, they choose to do nothing about my purchase, not even an apology, It must be there policy. Won't be returning!

4  Thank taxibigjets

Dan P,
I am sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable experience for dinner at Fletchers Grille and Spirits. I do hope that you will come back and give us another try. It is very unusual that I would get a complaint on the Pot Roast. We strive to make everyone happy and I am so to know that we did not meet your expectations

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We ordered two side salads, the quesadilla and the appetizer special, perogies.

My caesar had alot of lemon in it - very tangy - maybe a little too tangy for most but I enjoyed it.

The perogies were crispy, like an empanada. They were so so. Although it was nice that they weren't swimming in butter.

The winner was the quesadilla. I've never had one better. They season the meat, rather than just put some chicken, smother it with cheese and serve it. This one was well seasoned with cilantro and other seasonings and wasn't smothered with cheese. The outside of it was crispy without being greasy - probably a result of just the right amount of cheese.

We will go back. In addition to regular sports bar items, they have regular entrees. This is a big welcome change from most sports bars, which tend to just have greasy sports bar food and not much else.

They also offer decent wine by the glass. Many sports bars only offer one or two types of wine and most of the time, it is cheap wine.

Now if they only had NFL Sunday ticket.... hint, hint!

1  Thank clubnev

Clubnev,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience. You will also be happy to know that we do have the NFL Ticket. come in and join us for a chance to win a weekly prize when you join our football picks each week.