“better than most”

Pete's Fish and Chips
Ranked #8 of 437 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Fast Food
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Very nice friendly and helpful staff and a useful glossary of terms on the menu. Better fish and chips than many places, but if you're British don't go expecting what you're used to in the UK. The fish was a bit overcooked, though the batter was excellent. The chips (fries) not so much. They were not freshly hand cut (I suspect commercially produced, maybe frozen) and were not twice fried. But not as overcooked as some are here.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

food was greasy, long wait. the staff was friendly but even though not busy food took a long time and the fish was very greasy and too heavy batter for my taste

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The best by far. Batter is light and well seasoned. They change the fry oil frequently so you never get that bad taste or the oil seeping into the food that is caused by old or dirty fry oil. This is not our everyday place but when you want Fish N Chips, this is the place to go!

1  Thank TimC2010
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Food was served fast and hot, the staff were very helpful and friendly but my fish was over cooked though the batter where very good and the chips were nice.

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

My new wife and I really enjoyed our lunch at Pete's! This was our first lunch in Cape Coral on our honeymoon and we were not disappointed! We were easily filled with a regular fish and 2 pieces of chicken! Delicious! The only reason Pete's gets a 4 instead of a 5 is because I wasn't able to get my Scottish Minced Meat Pies that I hoped for.

1  Thank Nick R