“This is for the Rib City on Hancock Bridge Pkway, NOT Leonard St”
Review of Rib City

Rib City
Ranked #30 of 425 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Cape Coral, Florida
“This is for the Rib City on Hancock Bridge Pkway, NOT Leonard St”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We've been to the Rib City on Leonard Street many times and were never disappointed. This past Sunday we decided to order take-out from the one on Hancock Bridge Pkway because it was more convenient. I guess I should have expected problems when the girl taking our order over the phone was confused about what I wanted. I wanted to order some St. Louis ribs as well as some baby-backs. Their menu clearly states that they can be ordered by the slab/rack. Unfortunately the girl on the phone kept trying to figure out what "meal" I wanted. After a few minutes we got thinks straightened out and the order was placed for a 2:45 PM pick-up. I arrived promptly at 2:45 and was surprised to see only a few tables occupied. The Leonard Street location is usually very busy. However at this location there were more servers walking around than diners. In any case, I gave them my name and was expecting to have my order handed to me. Twenty minutes later it finally came out of the kitchen. If the restaurant was slammed I could expect to wait a bit. But twenty minutes for a call in order is completely unacceptable. I checked the receipt and it did, in fact, note a 2:45 "Be Ready" time.

The ribs turned out to be as good as expected. We always enjoy them. But I will never return to this particular location. They need to get their act together. Perhaps their service is the reason there were so few diners on Father's Day.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Joe C

Colchester, United Kingdom
“Great ribs and beer at 25c!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Had to have some ribs so gave rub city a try. We ate late for America and so pretty quiet in restaurant. Service was great and server very helpful also explained they had special with draft beers at 25 cents per glass :-)

We both had ribs very tender and no need for fork came wit choice if two sides so good value meal.

Didn't rare the garlic bread it came with but is was all price.

Don't expect fancy place but if you want god ribs are decent price give it a go.

• Visited June 2013
Windermere, United Kingdom
“Beautiful steak real American feel”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Just had our first trip to Rib City...friendly welcome,seated by Celeste who was very nice,suggested ideas off the menu...I had steak well done and vic ordered St Louis Ribs...she kept us informed on the progress of our order.
When it arrived she asked me to cut my steak and check it was cooked to my liking...nice touch...
Steak was good size,tasty,well cooked and delicious.
Vics ribs were hot but he said they were not very meaty and preferred Sonnys ribs but Rib City was better overall...
I think this is a great place, good atmosphere wonderful food and we will be going back again....

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank jewels186330
Barry
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tasting ribs, coleslaw and corn”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

An informal atmosphere, with good service and great staff
The baby ribs were excellent, the coleslaw sweet and the corn on the cob tasty
No need to dress up but a good place to visit

• Visited May 2013
Cape Coral, Florida
“Good food, not very much money!!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We are in the process of moving to Cape Coral and I think that we've just found our new go-to BBQ restaurant!! The atmosphere is casual, the food very good, but one of the best things was our waitress!! She was very knowledgeable about bbq and served us as well if not better than a lot of waitresses at much more expensive restaurants! A real asset to the company! The food here was very good, is it the best bbq I've ever had, probably not, but if the consistency is there it will certainly be in the top tier and is the best we've found in Cape Coral. Try it out, I don't think you'll be disappointed!

• Visited March 2013