“Great service and food as long as Jimmy's not there.”
Review of Upper Crust Pizzeria & Wine Bar - CLOSED

Upper Crust Pizzeria & Wine Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The service is always great and the food is usually very good. The prices are extreamley high unless you catch a special. I really believe the only thing holding this place back is the attitude of the owner. He has no public relation skills what so ever. A burned pizza crust is not OK because he says it's supposed to look that way. I have eaten there a few times and found it very enjoyable when he is not around. My review is give it a try, you might be lucky and pick a day when his great staff is running the place.

There are newer reviews for Upper Crust Pizzeria & Wine Bar

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We heard about Upper Crust because of there pizza, and have had their pizza a few times. However, on our last visit we decided to explore their dinner menu and "WOW", "AMAZING", "OUTSTANDING" are just a few of the words I can use to describe our fascinating dining experience. There were four of us so we decided to start with a couple appetizers, the shrimpcargot and the Grilled Calamari Insalata . After tasting these delectable starters we couldn't wait for the main dishes. My wife had the Chicken Principesa ($23) which she commented the chicken was so tender, but the crabmeat along with the peppers topped the dish to make it perfect. I had the Meditterrean Scallops which I could order everytime I have dinner at the Upper Crust. The other couple shared the eggplant Rollatini and Chicken Marsala and again only fabulous reviews. I couldn't wait to tell the cape what they have been missing. Finally, a restaurant with exquisite food, reasonable prices, and a friendly atmosphere!!! What else could one ask for? One thing I'm forgetting: I want to thank the owners for bringing such happiness to the cape!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

their pizza has no flavor and falls over tooo much oil.....tried it once never will go back........want great pizza got to mangia bene....or in ft myers try grimaldis!....the meatball sub tasted like all parmesean cheese and breading!..yuck!...

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We were in last night. My first suggestion would be better signage, if someone in the car hadn't been there before, we would have drove right by. We had garlic knots and boneless wings to start.....very good. Especially the garlic knots. We had a giant pepperoni pizza, it fed 6 people, 4 with healthy appetites:) The dough was fresh and tasty, so was the sauce and cheese and the slices are like a big New York slice. Yum. My last suggestion, depending on how many little kids come in with parents, kids cups. It would definitely save the carpet from having a mess on it. That's all. I enjoyed it, you should too.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Tried this place for the first time last night. One waitress on staff for the entire place. She was pleasant and we were in no hurry so at first the wait didn't bother us. We were told the happy hour included wine so because it took so long to get our food we indulged in a second glass each. Our appetizer was served at the same time as our meal...ok not a deal breaker. We got a large meat calzone to share. It was thick and greasy and the crust was soft not crisp. Finally came the bill. The happy hour wine was 6.50 a glass for house wine. Total tab for 4 glasses...26.00 When I asked the waitress why our wine was more expensive than the name brand wine a friend of ours (who joined us after happy hour) ordered I was told the happy hour wine was a "longer pour" and therefore more expensive. Sneaky little trick that in a reputable place would have been explained ahead of the order. Our wine cost more than the rest of our entire meal. So lets see, poor service, greasy limp food and the knowledge they will trick you adds up to the end of my interest in this place.