“Very sick after eating here”
Review of China Wok

China Wok
Ranked #259 of 425 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Chinese
Cape Coral, United States
“Very sick after eating here”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We got a flyer in our mailbox for China Wok and decided to give it a try and placed an order for take-out. I was fortunate in that my beef was mostly gristle, so I ate only a small portion of my meal. So I was only moderately ill with bad stomach cramps and diarrhea. My wife ate most of her chicken and as a result was violently ill with vomiting. We had take out, but the interior is very dingy, dark and depressing. I can't imagine eating there for any reason.

• Visited January 2014

Cape Coral, Florida
“Good food, rude person who answers the phone.”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Don't dare call having a question or needing any kind of clarification. Hey owner, whoever answered the phone on May 23 at 5:10 PM, fire him. As soon as you do, I will be back. Sounded like some local punk. Didn't have a Chinese accent. I've eaten here several times before, and the food has always been good. But the smart-mouthed little punk who answers the phone caused me to say "never mind, I'll call somewhere else [--]". This was the 3rd time he has been rude, so forget it. There are many Chinese places in town, and I wont deal with rudeness.

• Visited May 2013
Cape Coral, Florida
“Doesn't look like much but consistently good food”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I live 17 blocks away and when I phone in my order, I leave to pick it up. I always walk in to find them bagging it at that moment. My husband loves the hot n sour soup. We like the shrimp fried rice over the chicken version. Crab rangoons are always hot and crispy. Egg rolls are always crunchy and hot. We order weekly from them and have never had an error with our order and it is always less than $20. Don't plan to eat-in. Carry-out is prompt.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank terri E
South Bend, Indiana
“Great value, awesome portions!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife and I were extremely pleased by the flavor and portion size of our orders.

Great, fresh taste and excellent value. It's a simple establishment offering good service and food which will bring you back.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Chris B
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude, demeaning.”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

On 12/13/12, I called to place an order after receiving their menu in my mailbox. It was 6:30pm and I knew they would be busy. I was greeted with a gentleman in a again accent " china wok". I stated I wanted to please place an order for delivery, and was told to "hold". After a few minutes the same man came back and asked what I needed. I proceeded to order and asked if I could get a side order made into a combination dinner. He said "what?, I no have it in combo". I said " I realize that, but could you do it?", he very quickly responded "No, I cannot". So, I just ordered a few items that totaled about $20.00. He was quick to end my call, and I said I needed yo use my card. I gave him the info, when I got to the expiration date, he questioned it as it was 06/21. He said "No way. You are reading it wrong". "nope, that's what it says". "impossible", he says. At this point, I was over his rude customer service and guessed he had enough business, that he didn't need mine, and I hung up. Upset, and confused. My husband called back to see what the problem was, and they brushed him off. When asked their name, they refused to give it, and hung up.
Needless to say, I rang their competitor who happily took my order, and my card info, and delivered my food, which was fantastic.

1 Thank Mien1096