“Tip”
Review of Pho Vinh - CLOSED

Pho Vinh
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I do not like a "forced tip". On the next visit, I want to be able to give what I want to give as a tip.
The service is good, the food is good, but the "forced tip" I do not like. Furthermore, the check was given to us before one partner was finished with his meal. That does not deserve a "Forced Tip". Stop that practice and let the customer decide on their own what to give as a tip.

1  Thank gomesa

Reviewed October 19, 2013

My girlfriend and I had just moved to the Cape in July and one of our favorite places to dine was a pho place back in Tucson that was off-the-hook awesome. That is not an exaggeration. So you can imagine our excitement when we saw this place only minutes from home. One evening we decided to drive over and get a little taste of home and perhaps a taste of our new home. Boy were we wrong. First, the place is clean and modern, so there are good marks there, but its all downhill from there. Adjacent to our booth was a family of what looked like grandparents with their daughter and her kids. The kids were literally running laps around the restaurant with little to no control from the adults. One of the kids almost ran into a server with a tray of food! Utter craziness. We waited a surprisingly long time for our two bowls of pho and spring rolls, which were not spring rolls at all. When our order arrived I was amazed to see that the broth being used for my beef pho was a chicken stock -- and it wasn't even a pho broth, but more of a canned chicken stock with little to no flavor. The meat was pre cooked and added to the pho. My knowledge of pho is limited, but the broth is supposed to be HOT and the uncooked meat is added to it and basically cooked in the broth. This was obviously not the case. Needless to say we are still on the lookout for a pho restaurant in our local area.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

the people who work there as well as the owners are great - food great - very clean - very friendly place to enjoy. sorry no bar - but you can bring your own beer and wine.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Everything was fresh, delicious and made for my specific taste. The meat and vegetables in my Pho were perfectly sliced and fresh. The egg rolls and spring rolls were delicious also. This is not a fast food kind of place. It is a great alternative to fast food if you are willing to wait for market fresh, homemade food. I would highly recommend this place and look forward to another visit!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

A fresh slice of Vietnamese cuisine in the heart of Cape Coral. A casual visit to Pho Vihn turns into a culinary explosion of fresh flavor upon a set of tired taste buds. I had been struggling with the thought of sneaking away from the family to find that special place that I can get a meal that would satisfy my hunger needs, not fill me up too much so I could still eat my wife's home cooking and nobody would know the difference. My little paradise away from home so to speak. Well I believe I just might have found it in Pho Vihn. Only one problem, my wife was with me when I discovered this little gem. My wife and I were at Dr.visits all day and were looking for something healthy, light and full of flavor to hold us off before dinner. Pho Vihn completely fills that niche. Upon our visit we found the staff and owner very friendly,polite and accommodating. We were expertly guided through a simple yet effective menu that explains that it is the chef's version of Vietnamese food that accommodates every customers own unique culinary desires. Instead of Traditional Vietnamese Pho that comes out with one flavor the menu allows you the individual to add or subtract any of the many fresh ingredients for each meal. What is created is a serving of Pho that is tailor made to each person and is never prepared before ordering. The spring roll, egg roll and Pho were as fresh as if you made it in your own house. The vegetables were clean, crispy and never chopped, diced or sliced before hand. I thought this was amazing. It really made the difference for me. The quality of ingredient was superb and the flavor of each item was almost mind blowing. A flavor explosion occurs the moment your individualized Pho touches your lips. Some people are willing to sacrifice all of that freshness by adding loads of sauces to their Pho. I for one am unwilling to miss the opportunity to sample painstakingly crafted broth and super fresh vegetables and hand crafted meats all mixed into that little slice of heaven known as Pho. I without a doubt recommend the food and service. If your looking for a fancy hideaway this may not suit your needs. The restaurant is sterile clean as I observed the staff wiping down everything they passed by, the atmosphere is inviting and not over crowded. The paint is fresh and the seating is adequate, not trying to be high end, yet delivering on flavor and freshness. A people's place. A family place and just a good place to find that little something unique to your taste buds. Do not expect your food to come out instantly as nothing is prepared ahead of time, rather give yourself time and be patient and you will be rewarded. Take out is available but I cannot see all of that effort going into a container and making a trip. Just stop in and taste the freshness of Pho.