“Not a great first experience”
Review of Bob Evans

Bob Evans
Ranked #164 of 425 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: American
arizona
“Not a great first experience”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Introductions count, and mine was not so good. I had some time before an appointment and decided to have breakfast here. I have never been to a Bob Evans before. I ordered scrambled eggs, bacon and side of pancakes. It was more than 30 minutes before my breakfast arrived, and it was not crowded or backed up with orders. Pancakes were tough, maybe sat or overlooked, not sure. Bacon okay. Eggs good. Other reviewers are positive so maybe I will try again next time I am in Cape Coral. I rated it average, but not sure it really was. Everyplace has an off day, so I am giving the benefit of the doubt.

“great service”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stopped in for dinner, the service was exceptional, we were greeted three times, by different staff, while walking to our table, great attention to customers. THIS IS UNHEARD OF FOR A LOT OF ESTABLISHMENTS, Great job, the food came quick, and was hot a tasted great.Will come back again

Cape Coral, Florida
“they now have GLUTEN FREE”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I am Celiac and cant eat gluten. They recently came out with a gluten free menu. I have been there and I can say they take it seriously. I is pleasant to know I can enjoy the meal without worry. Food is still great. Management very helpful. Staff is friendly. Place is super clean.
Cant say enough good, especially if you need gluten free,

1 Thank 426LindaH426
Chicago
“It is okay”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The service is usually good and the fare you pay is okay and the food is nothing special...very edible and very average.

Visited March 2012
Cape Coral, Florida
“You get what you pay for - Good Food”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

First let me say that I love food and I cook a lot and have dined out many times. If you go to a Bob Evans and expect perfection, go elsewhere. It is a homestyle restaurant. It won't be perfect everytime you come in. The food should be edible and tasty. That is what we get when we come into Bob Evans. If I want better quality food, I will go elsewhere and pay more.

Off my soapbox and on with the review. My family and I dined here on a Tuesday night. It was apparently "kids eat free night" so it was a little full. That was fine and came in with the expectation that it will take longer than normal to be served and get our food. Was I wrong! The serve was prompt and food came out prompt, hot (I do mean "HOT"!) and delicious. We even got two soups to go. You can get a full quart of soup for $5. Got the chicken/noodles and the bean soup to go. We ate the 3 course dinner for $9.99. Well worth it! We chose the beef with mashed potatoes; tender and yummy. Got the chicken/noodles soup too. Homemade noodles! Didn't have room for the dessert (picked fresh fruit). My daughter had the sundae with chocolate syrup. My son had turkey and french fries. Needless to say, the dinner rolls were outstanding as they were fresh from the oven. We'll be back!

Tip: Sign up for the emails and they'll send you coupons.

• Visited January 2013