“Carmine, a relaxed placed to chill out”

Carmine Street N.Y. Pizza & Mussels
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Carmine Street N.Y. Pizza & Mussels has brought some of that West Village charm and authentic Italian-New York flavor to Southwest Florida.Here at Carmine Street, we are all about thin, crispy, New York-style crust. We achieve it by using a stone-brick oven that fires our pies at searing temperatures, crisply cooking the dough. You can choose traditional toppings, or opt for one of our specialty pies such as Chicken Marsala, Eggplant or Tomato Basil Garlic.In addition to our famous pizzas we are known for our namesake mussels. Enjoy a giant bowl of plump, juicy, beautifully tender mussels swimming in your choice of spicy red sauce or garlicky white accompanied by our homemade focaccia.Our menu has a little something for everyone, from Pasta Fagioli Anthony to Broccoli Rabe with Sausage over penne pasta you will forget that you are in Cape Coral.
Cape Coral, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Carmine, a relaxed placed to chill out”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have lived in Cape Coral for over 10 years and had never gone there, but was told it was great, so when I saw it on Groupon's, I decided to give it a try.
My first impression, it is not fine dining and only half full of patron's, but very loud. But that couldn't be helped because of the loud talking people.
We first ordered Mussel's in garlic as an appetizer, and they were the best I have ever had, then we ordered a loaded Pizza, and that also was one of my best pizza's I have ever had. We ordered the 14 inch pizza, and that was so loaded with our extra's, that we took half of it home, and will enjoy for lunch.
All in all, I will go back, they have half off appetizers on one night, so I will go back.

1 Thank Bentley273

Punta Gorda, Florida
“Pizza & Mussels???”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Found this place by accident, kind of hidden when you are driving down the busy highway. Hard to imagine a restaurant that serves pizza and mussels, but Carmine does and am told both are excellent. I had the lobster ravioli and my husband ordered the Eggplant Parmigiana dish. Both were excellent. We sat outside and listened to great music. Outdoor music group was very good and a pleasure to listen to. Good saxophone player. Great place to unwind, don't have to dress up, but enjoy great food.

1 Thank pmiller00
Fort Myers, Florida
“A little disappointed.”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I grew up in New York, and absolutely love mussels, so when Groupon offered a deal for this establishment, I jumped on it.

I arrived around noon, and there were a dozen or so people seated outside at an open-air bar. I went inside, and there were another dozen people seated in booths, and one seated at the indoor bar. There was just one person there to service everyone, so I correctly anticipated that service might be an issue.

I ordered a beer and asked for a menu. I was handed a single, glossy piece of paper that had been folded in thirds - it was torn and stained. Their mussels appetizer ($10) is offered with four options: red or white, mild or hot. I ordered white and mild. The server brought a basket with three small rolls that had been buried in butter and garlic - and they were genuinely stale, so the butter was necessary to try and soften them for consumption without injury. After a reasonable wait, the mussels were delivered - a large bowl, containing several dozen shellfish and a moderate amount of broth. The actual mussels were consistently very, very small - about the size of a pistachio nut out of its shell. Their flavor was very good, and their texture was not tough, so I am at a loss as to why they were so tiny. The broth had excellent flavor, and the rock-hard rolls were sufficient to absorb enough of the juice to be soft enough to swallow.

Next, I ordered a small New York pizza with pepperoni. Although all of the inside booths were now empty, and I hadn't seen any food being delivered to those seated outside (there was an unobstructed view through a filthy, sliding glass door), there was what I would judge as an unnecessarily long wait before it was delivered. The flavor was excellent, with the excessive amount of oil that I associate with this style of pie. Also, there were no "burn" marks on the bottom of the crust, another characteristic that I associate with the NY style - perhaps the result of cooking in an over that was not as hot as it should or could have been. The cooking temperature could also explain both the less than perfect flavor and the longer wait.

Considering the diminutive size of the mollusks, the single server, and all of the other issues, they only deserve an average rating. If they were to offer another Groupon, I might return, but not at their regular menu prices.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Paul E
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Very good. Red wine excellent.”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Went through Cape Coral looking for Tommy Tomatoes to be replaced by Carmine on Del Prados.

Excellent veal and the wife had chicken. Would recommend this eatery food good and prices competitive.

A must!!

Elizabeth, New Jersey
“Good Service”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We went on Friday evening and we eat calamari and pizza it was excellent the waiter very attentive
on Saturday we were back.

• Visited September 2013