“Very good. Red wine excellent.”

Carmine Street N.Y. Pizza & Mussels
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Carmine Street N.Y. Pizza & Mussels has brought some of that West Village charm and authentic Italian-New York flavor to Southwest Florida.Here at Carmine Street, we are all about thin, crispy, New York-style crust. We achieve it by using a stone-brick oven that fires our pies at searing temperatures, crisply cooking the dough. You can choose traditional toppings, or opt for one of our specialty pies such as Chicken Marsala, Eggplant or Tomato Basil Garlic.In addition to our famous pizzas we are known for our namesake mussels. Enjoy a giant bowl of plump, juicy, beautifully tender mussels swimming in your choice of spicy red sauce or garlicky white accompanied by our homemade focaccia.Our menu has a little something for everyone, from Pasta Fagioli Anthony to Broccoli Rabe with Sausage over penne pasta you will forget that you are in Cape Coral.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Went through Cape Coral looking for Tommy Tomatoes to be replaced by Carmine on Del Prados.

Excellent veal and the wife had chicken. Would recommend this eatery food good and prices competitive.

A must!!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We went on Friday evening and we eat calamari and pizza it was excellent the waiter very attentive
on Saturday we were back.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My family and I attended this restaurant on a Sunday evening after a friend recommended it to us. We also purchased a groupon too. When we arrived there was no member of staff at the front desk to greet or seat us. No one asked us if we needed help so I had to approach a waiter and asked if we had to seat ourselves. He explained he didn't know where the member of staff had gone and told us to seat ourselves (he was busy with a table at the time to be fair). Our waiter was really friendly but we did need to ask for a high hair before he dissapeared with our drink order. I did hear the female waitress explain the soup of the day and recommendations to her table which we didn't get but to be honest we are not that fussy about things like that it was just an observation. We were waiting a while before our appetizers arrived so the waiter kindly brought us some garlic knots, a lovely gesture. Shortly after our appetizers arrived which we enjoyed. About 2 minutes into tucking into our appetizers one of our pizzas arrived followed by the other. The waiter looked confused and apologised they had arrived so soon but didn't offer to take them away and keep them warm. My husband said its fine not wanting any fuss. Usually I might of said a few things but it was a Sunday evening and with our toddler in tow we didn't have the energy. We were never offered another drink either I had to ask the member of staff cleaning the tables for another drink. Don't get me wrong the two staff we spoke to were lovely but on a Sunday evening when the restaurant wasn't busy I would expect more attention to detail for things to run more smoothly. I would go back again as I enjoyed their food and it wasn't a negative experience just lacked a little customer service.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

After reading the very mixed reviews on this restaurant, in light of a Groupon available, we decided to give it a try for lunch. My companion ordered Crown (whiskey) on the rocks. We later found out that we were charged for the ice (true story!). We ordered mussels and garlic knots for appetizer, and pizza for entree. The appetizer plates were greasy and had food remnants from prior diners; we cleaned these off with napkins. The mussels were truly delicious but unfortunately had not been rinsed sufficiently so were crunchy (I'm still checking my dental work) and came with the added bonus of a long dark hair swimming in the broth. The garlic knots: very tasty. The pizza was quite good; the crust a wee bit soggy but overall good. Not excellent; good. The restaurant is dark and lit by numerous TV screens.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have eaten at the restaurant twice and have been very happy with my meal and the service both times! Had clams and pizza the first time and just had soup and the Italian Panini for lunch and they were excellent. I will def be back!

2  Thank elissat01