“Not just another fast food joint” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #117 of 417 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Cape Coral, Florida
“Not just another fast food joint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Pollo Tropical is a fast food chain, a small chain but corporate nonetheless. That is a footnote however to the experience of eating there. This place is awesome! Its clean and its fast and the food is high quality. There are other chains that are in this marketplace like Moes and Chipotle and each has their niche but Pollo Tropical is in its own league. Its not Southwestern or Californian cuisine, its Caribbean in style and there in lies the difference. The taste is all its own as are the specific ingredients as well as the sauces and toppings. This is a place that fills you up for less than the big players cost. The service is outstanding and the choices are plentiful.

• Visited July 2014

Cape Coral, FL
“Pollo Tropical”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

Abundant food included if you order chicken, the soup is so-so. Since I don't care for chicken I don't visit this place anymore.

Visited June 2014
Cape Coral, Florida
“If you know of better chicken, let me know”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

I never ate at Polo Tropical till today. I read reviews and decided to try it. OK the reviews vs reality. This place is pretty typical fast food interior Mcdonalds, Burger King, Moes, etc but you do get a real knife and fork. They sort of have someone bring you your order but you do a lot yourself so it's not like a real restaurant if that's what you want. All the kids working there were polite and friendly but I decided to get my food to go. They have all kinds of sauces so I took a little of each (you must do this, they are all great) Then when I got home I ate all the macaroni and cheese (a side I ordered) it was OK nothing great. but now I'm not hungry so I put the rest of the meal in a warming drawer. Now two hours later I figure I ruined the chicken so I better eat it with my beautiful wife. One bite and wow, unreal goodness. juicy, flavors of smokiness and spices marinated into the chicken mmmm, then I opened the sauces and each one better than the next. I've eaten a lot of chicken cooked all different ways and my wife and I agree "THIS IS THE BEST CHICKEN WE EVER HAD ANYWHERE" from expensive restaurants to Islands in the Caribbean. If you know of a better place for chicken, let me know because I am hooked and will be back tomorrow. Oh yeah we also had the black beans and rice, just average. But OMG the chicken is awesome. mmm I love it.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Fort Myers, Florida
“Excellent fast food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

We are now regulars at this Pollo Tropical. The place is immaculate and the roasted chicken is delicious. We also like the pulled pork. The staff is very friendly and the service is good.

• Visited June 2014
Fort Myers, Florida
“Healthy Lunch & amazing price. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We go to Pollo every week. We always order the same: grilled chicken & brown rice & beans. The food is super good and the price, well that can't be found anywhere else. If you like to eat out, fast, hot food that is not junk trashy food...this is a good place to keep in mind.