“Great Place in the Cape”

Misto Bar and Grill
Ranked #10 of 425 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great Place in the Cape”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

after hereing about this great restaurant on the Huge Commercials. we decided to try Misto on Del Prado Blvd in cape coral. as you pull in it looks unassuming with black windows and small signage. as you enter it transforms into a elegant quaint eatery. we ordered wine one merlot and one white zin and they came in a oversized chalices . appatizer was bang bang shrimp, there were about 8-9. for 11$. delicious. we had salads with house dressing. for the main cource i had the steak and my wife had the chicken. both dishes were served with vegtables and were Fantastic. total bill was about 80$ and was well worth it. this is a must try for travelers and great for locals anniversay or birthday. we will try again and would recomend!

• Visited November 2012

Boston, MA
“Best meal of our trip”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Thanks to Trip Advisors, we tried Misto Bar and Grill, and I now add my name to the ranks who sing its praise. The staff, from the man who receives you at the door, to Sloan (?) our waitress, to various others, were friendly, welcoming, informative, and made us feel right at home. After we ordered, we were brought The BREAD. Oh my! I can see why everyone talks about The Bread. It was mouthwateringly fabulous. After our delicious caesar salads, a bottle of wine,and this bread, we all really could have walked out, full and satisfied. But, that was not the case, having already ordered meals. My DH and I had duck, which was well presented with wonderful sides (sorry- I can't remember-except that they were yummy). One friend had seared tuna, which she claimed over and over was among the best she'd ever had. And the 4th member of our group had a special fish offering. Everything was delicious. I like a meal that has good sides. The portions were more than ample. We thought we'd easily return, for a second dinner of appetizers and salads, but that was not the case. Save your appetite, and go to Misto when in Cape Coral.

2 Thank chippie
Cape Coral, Florida
“Wow! You won't believe how much this local enjoyed her visit”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I had heard some buzz about Misto and was pleasantly surprised that the experience was even better than the buzz. We arrived at 6:30 pm on a Friday. We were told the wait would be an hour. We decided to wait in the bar and eventually ate at the bar. My husband ordered oysters on the half shell and asked for hot sauce on the side. A nice buffalo type sauce accompanied them and was delicious. He then had the Caesar salad which came with nice fresh anchovies and garlic croutons. But the best treat was the bread which was served with a white bean hummus and olive oil. It was incredible and we aren't even bread lovers. For dinner I had the filet medallions with lobster meat. There were two large 1.5" filets cooked perfectly. On top of each was a full lobster claw and bernaise sauce. The sides were enough for 2 people easily and included cauliflower, broccoli, and a velvety potato casserole. Delicious and $26 I think. My husband had the chicken tres' fungi which was very similar to chicken Marsala. It was flavorful with 2 large chicken breasts and a bed of pasta with yummy mushrooms. We had 4 glasses of wine total and ordered 4 desserts to go as we were visiting his mother after. Check was a deal at $109. Dan the bartender took very good care of us and we actually both liked eating at the bar. They take reservations so you may want to make them if you don't like a bar atmosphere. Look for it while on Del Prado because you could easily miss it. While heading North on Del Prado you will see Del Parma deli sign first.

1 Thank terri E
North Hampton, New Hampshire
“Near perfect!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was my 2nd visit and again the food was excellent! Both visits were with a 10+/- group of people which I can imagine strains the resources. We were in no rush either time so as not to create havoc! The house Chianti and Chardonnay were both very very good. The assorted fresh hot rolls...,awesome, with a dipping olive oil which was a bit too thick w/ spices..needed more oil I don't think there is a poor choice for a main course... I had the Veal Misto which I'd have again, an awesome main course. Other diners had beef or their signature Lasagna or seafood crepes... all diners complimented their choice. The spinach salad with warm dressing...perfect. The escargot, nice and hot, had very good flavor but seemed 'watery'. The pastry on top was perfect!!! I had no room left for a desert but they looked heavenly as they were shown to us on a tray and those that did partake said they were to die for...that good!
The seating areas are not large and that might have been the reason that two fellow diners had to share the end of the table... not too comfortable for either of them plus the assortment of various dishes coming and going... Our waitperson, expecting to deliver her child any day!, was exceptional...thank you!
I absolutely would return as there are more menu choices to explore!!!

Lewes, Delaware
“What a gem!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

What a wonderful dining experience we had. Food was delicious...I had the sea bass, my partner had the filet.....service was great, atmosphere was friendly. I would call this fine dining without the fine dining price. Pass the word, this should not be missed but make a reservation because you won't get in without one...they are very busy. And for good reason.