“Wow - what a great place”

Misto Bar and Grill
Ranked #12 of 425 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: European, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Lancaster, PA
“Wow - what a great place”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Thank you Trip Advisor. From the outside, this place does not look like a great restaurant. Without the great reviews, we would not have gone there for our Valentines Day dinner. Could not get in on Valentines Day so we made reservations for the next day. We would not have gotten in on Friday if we didn't have them as they had to turn people away. It is very nice inside and the service is top class. Our waitress was "Christie" but all of the waitresses helped out. The rolls were delicious and I had the Escargot, which was excellent. My husband had the Grouper special in a puff pastry with crab meat. He raved about it as well as the potato -- $23.00. The rest of us had the the Veal Francese special for $17.00, which we all thought was the best and you could cut the veal with a fork. The house wine was only $5.50 a glass and we are use to paying more than that at a less classy place. They served a plate of fruit afterwards and we split the Key Lime Pie and Cannoli for dessert. Excellent place. Met the chef and he was very pleasant. We will definitely be back before we head up north.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank PASANDYBAY

Cape Coral, Florida
“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was our second trip to Misto. All four of us really enjoyed our food. Starting with the incredible rolls and dip (really delicious) through the entire meal, we really enjoyed it. The duck is great, as were the fish specials (both grouper and sea bass). I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Our friend asked as we were leaving if they are open for lunch. They are, on weekdays only. Then he asked if they serve the rolls at lunch. They do. He said, do you have a cot where I can sleep (waiting for rolls at lunch the next day).

The service was wonderful too. I believe it is the best restaurant for higher end food in Cape Coral. Kuddos to the chef!!!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Sallie T
“Best restaraunt in the Cape Coral!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Have eaten all over southwest Florida, this place is quality, all homemade from bread to desert, chef is the owner and does not serve your average food, seafood is fresh, steaks are prime , service was great, I am a big fan of capital grille, flemmings, chops, and other high end restaraunts, this place is just as good. My new favorite place in the cape!!!

2 Thank Washman66
Fort Myers, Florida
“the best so far in SW Florida”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Mistos tonight and we were very impressed. Everything is made on the premises,including the bred which is the best I have ever had.the veal dish Ihad was excellent and my husband said his filet was superb.
The caesar salad was as if I had made it at home and the homemade spaghetti was great.All in all you can't go wrong here

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank momtoo1
Cape Coral, Florida
“Doesn't get better than this”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I have been here for lunch several times in the last year, and continue to be knocked out by the food and the service. Not the most attractive location, as others have said, but as soon as you enter you are greeted by a blackboard listing a number of appealing daily specials in both food and wine. The dining room is a little on the dark side (so nice in the summer!) but attractively decorated; the welcome is warm without being effusive. Giorgio, the chef-owner, has often been our greeter and/or server, and clearly loves to interact with diners who appreciate his ideas and his cooking: he appears to love what he does, and there's not a pretentious bone in his body, although his cuisine is among the most delicious and original in the area, at least in our experience.
We have had his version of "dynamite shrimp" (sorry, can't remember what he calls it), and it's hands-down the best of all we've had. We often share the steak sandwich, scrumptious, pieces of real steak piled with onions, ripe red peppers, onions and cheese, ordinary fare on most menus but not here. We have also shared the choripan sandwich, made with his own excellent and distinctive chorizo and accompanied by an eye-opening sauce. Recently we shared the chorizo, broccoli-rabe, white-bean and gorgonzola sauce appetizer, absolutely delicious and totally unique. There are many other dishes on the regular menu we mean to try...
Prices are reasonable, prices on the wine specials ditto; servings are more than copious: We've never been able to graduate to dessert, but I'm sure they're terrific.
Misto has never been particularly busy at lunchtime when we've been there, and would seem to be an ideal place to go for a small group, special event, or business lunch. Dinner, I suspect, is a different matter, so think of reserving. But make this one of your next restaurant experiences, or if you've already been, think of returning soon!

• Visited January 2013