I am travelling a lot and thought all reviwers can not be wrong. But unfortunately, I can not recommend this place.
When I arrived, there was no warm welcome. When I phoned for Mark and he arrived, he seemed to be interrupted and not happy that I showed up. He then showed me the back of the house without saying anything where we go etc. I did not feel welcome at all.
The office is a mess and very old paper is everywhere which is already getting brown. This does not leave a good impression for the rooms. In the garden, a dirty bird cave stands right in front of the guest rooms.
If you look for a quite place hidden to get some rest, do not choose this place. There is a very cheap but very loud loudspeaker at the pool, so you can not sit in the evening sun without the bad music. When I asked to turn it down, I was treated like someone who has unreasonable requests. Funny enough - NOBODY was at the pool all afternoon, only after the music was slightly turned down.
The guests are more the party guests - so if you look for a quite place - wrong place.
The place is hidden but far away from everything. So, if you look for a nice little town or beach, wrong place. Without a car, you do not get anywhere and even then it takes quite some time. Even a Starbucks is 15 min away... when you ask for directions, don't expect help or friendly advice - go to the internet and find it by yourself...
The hotel itself is very sound-sensitive, you can hear everything from the neighbour room.
In addition, the wireless did not work although announced as free. The bathroom was not perfectly clean.
I would have expected more for the price especially as I stayed the night before right at the beach in another Inn with similar price and completely opposite service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hideaway Waterfront Resort and Hotel, located in Cape Coral, Florida, is a full-service hotel, getaway resort and extended-stay hotel. Overlooking the waterfront, with hotel rooms or suites with kitchenettes, you'll be comfortable and have plenty of amenities for relaxation and fun! Tiki huts, heated pool, waterfront views, established coconut trees, bicycling, wireless and cable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hideaway Waterfront Hotel Cape Coral
- Hideaway Waterfront Resort And Hotel