“Does not fulfill the Tripadvisor status”

Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I am travelling a lot and thought all reviwers can not be wrong. But unfortunately, I can not recommend this place.
When I arrived, there was no warm welcome. When I phoned for Mark and he arrived, he seemed to be interrupted and not happy that I showed up. He then showed me the back of the house without saying anything where we go etc. I did not feel welcome at all.
The office is a mess and very old paper is everywhere which is already getting brown. This does not leave a good impression for the rooms. In the garden, a dirty bird cave stands right in front of the guest rooms.
If you look for a quite place hidden to get some rest, do not choose this place. There is a very cheap but very loud loudspeaker at the pool, so you can not sit in the evening sun without the bad music. When I asked to turn it down, I was treated like someone who has unreasonable requests. Funny enough - NOBODY was at the pool all afternoon, only after the music was slightly turned down.
The guests are more the party guests - so if you look for a quite place - wrong place.
The place is hidden but far away from everything. So, if you look for a nice little town or beach, wrong place. Without a car, you do not get anywhere and even then it takes quite some time. Even a Starbucks is 15 min away... when you ask for directions, don't expect help or friendly advice - go to the internet and find it by yourself...
The hotel itself is very sound-sensitive, you can hear everything from the neighbour room.
In addition, the wireless did not work although announced as free. The bathroom was not perfectly clean.
I would have expected more for the price especially as I stayed the night before right at the beach in another Inn with similar price and completely opposite service.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank anonymous_2222
HideawayResort, Owner at Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2011

Hello guest, I remember your visit, and remember providing a guided tour of our hotel, and your room. We were happy to offer local area information and offered a complimentary map of Cape Coral. The ‘bird cave’ is a dispenser for pet pickup containers, provided by the hotel for the convenience of our guests. Enjoying a drink or cup of coffee while watching a fantastic Florida sunset or sunrise is not discouraged at the Hideaway, and we seek every opportunity to make each guest feel welcome and at ease. Poolside music is typically at a volume not to be heard beyond the pool area, and we attempt to monitor the premises continually for any issues that may detract from the quiet atmosphere we are known for, both indoors and outside. The hotel wireless router did malfunction and was replaced within hours and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are located three blocks from the downtown area of Cape Coral and offer complimentary bicycles, kayaks and paddleboat. We can also quickly arrange any other transportation needs you may have.

I apologize for inconveniences you may have experienced, and appreciate your review.
Guest satisfaction is our number one priority!

There are newer reviews for Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel

Reviewed January 23, 2011

We had a wonderful experience at Hideaway,.... like I remember Florida from many years ago, Clean suites, comfy beds, great shower and best of all the most friendly and accomidating owners. Nice pool and deck . Very safe and quiet. Just wish we could have stayed longer! We'll be back,.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scubadooRogersCity

Thanks for your kind words - we're glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed January 21, 2011

We loved this place excellent owners pet friendly a great place to stay. The owners Mark and Linda and their son are great they work so very hard to be sure everyone is very happy. We spent 8 days and did not want to leave it was so enjoyable. Minutes from the center of Cape Coral I give it A+++++ It is not a new motel but do not let that hold you back unless you are looking for the Ritz then pay 3 times more and miss the very personal service you will get from the three of them. We felt very safe staying here and if you want to find a Realtor they have a good friend John that was as so very helpful. I would recommend this place to my best friends.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chimw

Thanks for your comment - and thanks for being our guests!

Reviewed January 1, 2011

I have been here with my family on several occasions. We needed someplace, where I could conduct my business while my family vacationed. The owners, Mark & Linda are hard workers and the place shows it. It is clean, close to everything and it has free internet. My wife found it very peaceful and struck up friendships with one of the hotel's permanent guests. Our son (11) had a great time in the pool and fishing off the deck. We are coming back this Easter again. (2011) Recommend it, highly. If you are looking for the "Ritz", probably this place is not for you. But if you want a nice place with nice people then this is it. You will not regret it.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business

Thanks! We're glad to hear you had a great experience. We appreciate your review!!

Best,

Reviewed November 14, 2010

Mark and Linda work hard to maintain a humble but fully comfortable throwback to another time.

We used their kayaks to paddle the canals of Cape Coral. Amazing.

The aircon was strong but noisy (oh well)

The bbq was very good.

The canal deck was a pleasure at night.

Free internet worked extremely well ands allowed enough business connection to really stay on vacation.

Actually, a couple of nights here made FL finally work so much better for us.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2010

I LOVE the Hideaway Waterfront Resort - I will never stay anywhere else! Such a beautiful place and the rooms/suites are wonderful, clean, the staff is excellent.
Mark and Linda make you feel so comfortable and welcome - and are willing to help
to help you in any way possible. I would love to live there permanently!
I love the Key West style of the Hideaway, the waterfront, the beauty of it!
I can't say enough great things about it! Out of a 10, I would rate it a 100! :-)
Nice and quiet, the pool is great, perfect location! And such friendly people!
I would HIGHLY recommend this resort to everyone! If you get the chance to
to there, you will love it and be very lucky to be there! Can I say more?!
IT IS TOTALLY AWESOME!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2010

We stayed here when we visited Cape Coral to look for a condo for my parents. The bonus was that while I was making the reservation with the owner, Mark, he asked if we had a realtor yet. I said we did not and he hooked us up with someone who was fantastic and really helped us navigate the real estate scene there (not for the timid). The hotel was the sort of place I love--a bit funky and definitely not a big box full of cookie-cutter rooms. It is right on the Rubicon Canal, so you can hang out with a beverage and just stare at the water (all I wanted to do after looking at condos all day). There's a outdoor pool, and we found the people to be friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area
Casa Loma Motel on the Waterfront
Holiday Inn Express Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area
Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa

Been to Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!