We stayed here for 4 nights (Sunday thru Thursday) and enjoyed every moment of our visit. The moment we arrived we heard great music playing form the pool area. We had initially purchased the economy room, but once I went in I asked my husband to get us an upgrade; we were traveling with our pooch and with his belongings and dog cage, I knew it would be too tight for the three of us. So we were upgraded to the Guest Suite. (After checking the site, I did notice that there was still a larger suite available -- had I known I would have gone with that one, as it has an entirely separate kitchen/living area from the bedroom. This would have been ideal for us -- Now I know for our next stay, as there will definitely be another when we visit the Cape Coral area again.)
The hotel has a number of items you can borrow at your leisure -- BBQ grills, a fire pit, a hackey sack game, a paddle boat, canoes, bikes, magazines/newspapers in the pool area, floaties, etc. The room also came stocked with a microwave, full-sized fridge, toaster, plates, cups, etc. (FYI -- There was no silverware, so bring some plastic ones with you.) And the bed was probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in while at a hotel. I usually ache for my bed when I stay at hotels, but not here.
The Cape Coral Yacht Club Beach is about 5-6 miles from the property; it took us about 10 minutes to get there from the hotel. There were also a number of bars/restaurants to choose from, but overall the area closes relatively early, so if you are looking for a "night life" vibe you will need to head down to Ft. Myers beach, which is about a 20-25 minute drive from Hideaway. We wanted something quiet so this was perfect for us.
I have only ONE con -- I wear contacts and it seems that the pool may have been overly chlorinated b/c my eyes were burning after having spent a few hours in there on the first night. However, I am glad they keep the pool clean! LOL!
The management was friendly, courteous and helpful, the property was warm and welcoming; the rooms, although on the older side, were clean and well-kept. Overall we would surely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hideaway Waterfront Resort and Hotel, located in Cape Coral, Florida, is a full-service hotel, getaway resort and extended-stay hotel. Overlooking the waterfront, with hotel rooms or suites with kitchenettes, you'll be comfortable and have plenty of amenities for relaxation and fun! Tiki huts, heated pool, waterfront views, established coconut trees, bicycling, wireless and cable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hideaway Waterfront Hotel Cape Coral
- Hideaway Waterfront Resort And Hotel