“The Duke Rulz!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Duke of Germany
Ranked #93 of 417 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: German, European
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family owned and operated. Susen (owner and chef) has been indulging her guest since 25 years. Since march 2010 we serve German dishes in Cape Coral.
Cape Coral
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Duke Rulz!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

So I am from Cape Coral, but have traveled a fair amount in my life, so I know a few things about food and restaurants. First thing first is, I'd like to put an end to people who complain about atmosphere there, I know in other cities there are German restaurants that have old architecture and look really cool it does add a certain element to the atmosphere, but this is Cape Coral, a town built in the 1960's and relatively new. Sure the Duke is in a strip mall, but what else is there to put it in? It would be crazy to build a stand alone building for it, there just isn't enough demand for that...

As for the authenticity of the food, I have read people on here complained about it??! The Owners, who operate the whole restaurant from cooking to serving, are probably only 5 years removed from Germany, so I don't see how it can be anything else other than authentic? Plus it's delicious! Every time I come back home from a extended business trip abroad, this is the first place my friends and I go to catch up! they offer Great food, huge beers and even offer arm wrestling to anyone who wishes to test their strength against that of the owner Raik and his man-child of a son, the Mighty Karl!

So, I say don't listen to the negative comments on here, if you want German food (or just something different) and you're in Cape Coral, this is the place to go!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gary Y

N fort Myers
“Second visit in four weeks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

First visit with 11 people in our party, everyone had a great meal, Our return visit with 8 different people was just as good. More people should try this restaurant, the owners are very friendly. If this restaurant was on Pine Island Rd, or other main drags this place would be packed!!!!!!
I shall return with more people.

1 Thank Ron S
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food! Great service! And beer boots! What else could you ask for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

Been here several times, and have always had great service, delicious food, and a good time. Grillhaxe is my favorite, but everything else that I have tried has always been great. Authentic homemade food. Can't pass on the warsteiner boots either. Definitely recommend checking it out.

1 Thank money2check
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
“Amazing German Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

The Duke Of Germany is one of my favorite places to eat with my friends, they have a large menu to choose from and not only is the food amazing but the owners are great people and make you feel right at home. My personal favorite meal is the Grill Haxe with a nice warsteiner premium beer boot to wash it down =) I recommend them to everyone and will continue to be a lifetime customer

2 Thank Sean H
Chicago
“Our Favorite Restaurant in Florida”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

We live in Chicago but we have actually made special trips to Cape Coral just to eat the Duke's Grillhaxe. If you like German food and German beer, you will not be disappointed. It is the best German food (in our opinion - anywhere).
Great Taste
All Homemade
Super nice owners - Always excellent customer service
Radeberger Pils on Tap
Right now, it is 5am and I am getting hungry typing this!

• Visited April 2012