“Delicious meal, great scenery”

Fathoms Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #20 of 425 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Orlando, Florida
“Delicious meal, great scenery”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had a lovely meal here: pizza (sausage and prosciutto with arugula) and salad.

Frankly I don't have a lot to say about it... it was a very quick meal and to the point.

The Joint is right on the harbor in one of the gigantic developments that seems typical of waterfront property in Southwest Florida. The ambience was nice, the beer list was actually pretty good, although I sat indoors. The pizza was delicious. I did think it would've benefited from having the arugula wilted or browned in the oven rather than being served on top of the pizza raw.

And to top it all off, it was the least expensive meal of my whole trip! A pleasant surprise.

Visited May 2013

Cape Coral, Florida, Usa
“Excellent!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This place has really good atmosphere and the menu is really unique. I love the "nosh" (tappas) menu, so that you can try a little bit of everything and share with your friends/family. It's reasonably priced and the service was great.

Visited July 2012
Estero, Florida
“My GPS Tends to Point Towards the Joint”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Good place to dock for dinner, drinks or appetizers if you plan to spend the day on the boat in Southwest Florida. Casual tropical atmosphere with plenty of outdoor seating. I always go for the ceviche paired with a nice crisp glass of Sauvignon Blanc. Like the fact that there are plenty of small plates and pizzetas to share if you come with a group. Great location and beautiful waterfront views. The service is not always fast, but the staff is friendly and welcoming.

• Visited May 2013
Cape Coral, Florida
“Not Kid Friendly!!!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Took out of town guests with two small boys. It wasn't very crowded, but it took forever just to get our drinks!!Food wait was even worse...had to ask server several times for crackers to tide the boys over till food arrived. Strange dishes with tiny portions, unless you get pizza, with expensive prices. When one of the boys told her he didn't like sandwich, the server was very irritated and informed us that we would have to pay for another meal, which we intended to do. Since my husband picked up the check and didnt want our guests embarrassed, he told me later that they charged $10 for each "virgin" Piña Colada the boys ordered!!! What a rip-off!!! We will never return to this establiishment!!! We'll stick with RumRunners.

• Visited April 2013
“Love the JOINT. Great location, service and snacks”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

The Joint is as the name implies a joint, but what a joint it si, outdoors on the Marina sunset great drinks love knowing laughing and having fun at the joint. I had a great Perfect Storm expertly prepared by Tracy!

Visited May 2013