“Great crab rolls, average pizza”

Fathoms Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #27 of 435 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We've been here three times in the last couple of months. If you go, be sure to have the crab egg rolls (I think on the menu they call it the crab rangoon, but ask). That's our favorite thing here. We've had the pizza in some variety all three times. The first time, for whatever reason, the pizza arrived cold. Better luck on the other times. The pizza is a thin, crispy crust. It's good, but I have had better. We also had a fish special one night: grouper topped with crab. We were disappointed. The fish was served in a tasteless, soupy sauce and the crab was indistinguishable from the grouper. We will go again, but stick to the appetizers and pizza. It is a fun atmosphere. The outdoor deck faces onto the marina. If there is a wait, and during high season there just might be, there are some shops nearby with jewelry, T-shirts and the like where the goods are not overly priced.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Paid our bill... Then questioned management about our bill.....Woman was nasty to my friend and I...Horrible...In 65 years I've never seen such rude customer service......This woman was awful.... It was totally inexcusable.........Over a $5.00 dollar item....Just a question ????? My husband and I have taken friends there before on several occaisons..,,. We were very happy on those visits........ This woman's nastiness was beyond the pale.... I'm thoroughly disgusted......

1  Thank rtramos70
Reviewed March 3, 2012

This place has average food but a fun atomosphere. The mozzarella/tomato salad was very good, as was the 4 cheese pizza. Outdoor seating overlooks the waterway. Portions were average. It is a lively place with a fun atmosphere. I would go back.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

We are regulars here and have been since it first opened. We orderd the special, which was a grilled ham and cheese. The cheese was not melted. Huh? Any chef should know how to make a grilled ham and cheese. We also orderd the tacos, which is a new item on the menu. The tortillas were not hot, the pico de gallo had no flavor, no spices, and there wasn't enough guac or sides to accomdate the three tortillas. At roughly around $12,99, it was kind of a rip off.

We later found out they have a new chef. I don't know if it was the chef or the management, but I hope The Joint improves to what it used to be. The mistakes were just plain sloppy or poor management.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

What a great place to take in the view of the marina at Cape Harbour with the beautiful luxury boats moored just next to the outdoor patio. Essentially a lunch place with a wide selection of eclectic pizza's cooked in a wood burning oven such as Surfside Clam Pizza and Parma Napoli with a pesto base, salami, tomato, mozzarella, prosciutto topped with arugula and truffle oil. The menu also includes a wonderful selection of appetizers large enough for a lunch main dish as well as salads and sandwiches. My teriyaki glazed salmon over an Asian salad was prepared to perfection and my friends braised veal osso bucco over polenta topped with white truffle oil was moist and delicious. Several specials were offered from lobster bisque served with chives and sour cream to sea scallops. Our waitress was charming and attentive and the atmosphere was extremely relaxing. The patio seating was comfortable and the inside is equally inviting. Congratulations to the management and the chef for a delightful experience. After the meal we strolled along the brick pathway with small boutique stores either side. There is music Tuesday and Friday nights and Sunday afternoon and the whole Cape Harbour complex is worth a visit.

1  Thank MHSG