“The whole package-delicious food, warm & inviting space, and caring staff”

Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria
Ranked #3 of 424 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Seafood, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: "Come Feel the LOVE" Italian Trattoria. Who are we? Housed in a replica of a 1920's NYC store front, Ciao features authentic Neapolitan pizza made with imported "00" Caputo flour, San Marzano tomato and fresh made mozzarella daily prepared in an authentic 800 degree wood burning oven. We also specialize in freshly prepared Italian dinner dishes, seafood, chicken & veal, fresh catch and home of the 7 Layers of Love" ( our house Lasagna) as well as homemade desserts, cappuccino, large imported wine selection & micro brews. Outdoor dining al fresco on the streetfront patio is unique. We carry a large winesj & micro beer selection, wine lover? Ask about "Our Stash" high end wine cabinet. See you soon Ciao! Jill & the family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The whole package-delicious food, warm & inviting space, and caring staff”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Jeffreyeileen

If you know food, you'll love Ciao! We read the reviews and had that feeling you get when you know you are about to experience something truly unique and special. Jill and the gang did not dissapoint! From the moment we stepped on the porch, we were greeted and made to feel welcome. We met folks at nearby tables, enjoyed tasty homemade dishes (cannoli to die for!) and felt like we had made the best choice for our last night in Cape Coral. It is obvious to the experienced foodie and seasoned cook that this is no-foolin'-around homemade fare! Such a generous host, Jill not only makes the rounds but shares her joy and warmth with everyone she meets. She makes sure everyone is taken care of and even presented an anniversary card signed by all upon finding out we were celebrating. It doesn't get much better than this. We hope to come back someday and will definitely recommend. Thanks again!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jeffreyeileen
Jill725leo, Owner at Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Jeffery & Eileen
Great news...another happy family member. I am so,glad you that enjoyed your evening with us, as well as meeting some new friends....these seats have made quite an impact on sharing the LOVE as well as joining in conversations with other patrons....truly what we are all about. This is our first restaurant, and we have learned several lessons..(no....joke there) but one that holds true is that if you cook with LOVE, they will feel the LOVE....and by your review I think you both have felt the LOVE. Again, Happy Anniversary, and thank you for joining our Italian family.....but most of all thank you for sharing in our Ciao LOVE.

Cape Coral, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Accommodating Staff”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We read almost all of the reviews before making the decision to eat here. First, let me say how impressive it was that the Ciao team responded to almost every review. Clearly the owners/operators care about their business. The parking issue didn't bother us and the seating was comfortable enough. The restrooms were clean, so no problems there, as noted in other reviews. When we went to order, the baked ziti that I had seen listed on the online menu was not listed on the printed menu. I asked the server if I could still have the ziti and without having to question the chef, the answer was yes. There was no hesitation, they were willing to accommodate my silly request easily (I had a major craving). Our food was delicious: I had the ziti and my husband had stuffed shells. As we were leaving, a family was complaining about the sauce on one of their dishes. Without protest, the chef apologized and stated she would remove the item from the bill. We were pleased with our visit and recommend to anyone looking for a casual evening out.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Tim M
Jill725leo, Owner at Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Tim & guest,
Thank you for joining our family for dinner. I think it is very important to take the time to respond to each and every posting, positive or negative (we don't get many of those, lol).
I'm very glad that we were able to satisfy your craving of Baked Ziti, and that your husband enjoyed our true Neopolitan wood fired pizza. We have been open now just about 3 years, and have truly been blessed..3 yrs in a row we have been voted BEST PIZZA, as well as BEST over all RESTAURANT...much to be proud of. Most of all we have truly been blessed by all the customers who have joined us, and whom have "Felt the LoVE" . Again thank you, and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Middletown, Connecticut, United States
“Fantastic dinner and ambiance”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Just went to Ciao's for the first time. Fantastic dinner and the atmosphere was great. We arrived just after a party of 25 were seated and we were met by Ken at the door. He asked us to have a seat and he would get us in as quickly as possible. He got us drinks while we waited and must have attended us at least 3 times in the 8 minutes we waited to be seated. Talk about being made to feel your business is valued. My pizza was delicious and my wife loved her Fettuccine Alfredo. The coconut creme pie was the best we'd ever had and Ken gave us a taste of their heavenly lobster bisque. Wow, was that delicious. Jill the owner/chef came out and hugged just about everyone in the room and it is clear that she genuinely appreciates your business. Alex our server was attentive and very friendly. Anyone that has written a bad review of this place has either caught them on a very bad night or has ridiculously unrealistic expectations. It is a fun family style Italian restaurant with charm, a great staff and fantastic food.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank JimandMelissaB
Jill725leo, Owner at Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Jim & Melissa,
Wow eee...I think you have been Ciao struck, lol. Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our family restaurant, we so greatly appreciate your love that you felt in this posting. Each and every customer who walks through the door, it is truly important to me that they have an unforgettable dining experience. My Mother was the most beautiful cook/baker, everything she did was first class, it is hard to follow in her foot steps, but it is truly my honor to try my best and to make her proud. Again thank you for joining our family, and we look forward to sharing the LOVE with you again.
Cape Coral, Florida
“Ok but not great”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The food here was a little above average, but we found it very loud and the seating uncomfortable. I would not go out of my way to go to Ciao again. Also the service was not great.

• Visited March 2014
Jill725leo, Owner at Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Not quite sure how to respond to your review. First off I will say from your past reviews of other restaurants in the area...you not happy wherever you go, maybe your home is a better option for dining. My mother once said...if you can't share the LOVE of what we are proud of....then it is just a waste of time. Each and every customer who walks through our doors, they welcomed like a family. We have tables where people can have conversations with other patrons, and believe me, these seats have made many friends. Uncomfortable seating? We have cushioned booths and chairs. And service....we provide professional service to meets the needs of our customers, as best we can. The noise, truly in an Italian home, if it's quiet, then their dead.....we provide a dining destination.....not a somber evening, sorry that you missed out of who and what we are. So please let me explain....we are a family Italian restaurant, who truly cares about their customers and their dining experiences. We provide 100 % made from scratch Italian food from generations of my families recipes, nothing comes out of a box. Most of all we make sure that LOVE of felt, through our food, family, and dining enjoyment.
Most we please and then there are some we just can't, not that we don't try. Sorry for your loss.
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Fabulous little family Italian restaurant!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Thought I reviewed this previously. We LOVE this place and have been there several times. Food is always excellent and freshly made. Jill, one of the owners, greets you like a long lost friend! She is the hardest working person I know, arriving EARLY in the morning to prepare for each evening's dinner menu. She's there until the last guest leaves, usually, 9:30-10:00, always w/a smile. She personally comes by each tables insure everything is perfect. She makes wonderful sangria, both red and white, which you can buy by pitcher! My favorite dish is not always on the menu, but she'll make it on request. It's stuffed Italian peppers, long peppers stuffed w/her meatloaf recipe, served in a star shape, w/a huge meatball in the center, w/ wonderful marinara sauce. I've never gotten anything but this, although guests we've taken have had other entrees, all excellent. The mushroom soup is terrific, as is the veal Marsala. The desserts, all homemade, are to die for! They also have wood fired pizza which is excellent. Can't say enough about this little gem, off the beaten path in Cape Coral.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Pappywiz
As my Father would always say....we have never met a stranger, and that holds true in my family. Thank you so much for sharing and feeling the LOVE of Ciao. We make it a point that each and every family member(employee) makes sure to provide the most professional service, atmosphere, and dining experience, that is what is most important to us. Each and everyday you can drive by the restaurant and see my vehicle outside, that is because I truly care about providing from scratch house made Italian food...from generations of my families recipes. Again thank you for joining our family...but most of all for sharing the LOVE of Ciao. See you soon