“How This Place Is #3 In Cape Coral Is beyond My Comprehension”

Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria
Ranked #3 of 437 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "Come Feel the LOVE" Italian Trattoria. Who are we? Housed in a replica of a 1920's NYC store front, Ciao features authentic Neapolitan pizza made with imported "00" Caputo flour, San Marzano tomato and fresh made mozzarella daily prepared in an authentic 800 degree wood burning oven. We also specialize in freshly prepared Italian dinner dishes, seafood, chicken & veal, fresh catch and home of the 7 Layers of Love" ( our house Lasagna) as well as homemade desserts, cappuccino, large imported wine selection & micro brews. Outdoor dining al fresco on the streetfront patio is unique. We carry a large winesj & micro beer selection, wine lover? Ask about "Our Stash" high end wine cabinet. See you soon Ciao! Jill & the family
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I don't know, must be the extremely low standards present in Cape Coral that put this place above so many others. First of all, first impression. No parking available and signs making it clear that the restaurant does not own any parking so park in a city lot across the street or get towed. While we were walking across the street to the restaurant we were approached by some drunk homeless guy on a bike asking me and my young daughter for money. Typical for the area. Lot's of drunks and beggars wandering around. We entered the restaurant and headed for the bathroom. We were a party of four with two small children. The bathrooms were in desperate need of cleaning. Filthy is how I would describe them. Ok, let's get past that and order food. I had never eaten here before so I asked the waiter what the pizza was like. He told me it was thin crust. Perfect! That's how I like it. We ordered pizza. I tasked the waiter if there was a pizza without sauce because I prefer no sauce. He said yes, so I ordered a pizza with tomatoes, cheese, basil no sauce. Since they boast about how authentic their pizza is I thought they knew what they were doing. WRONG! I've been to Italy and eaten pizza, I've been to Naples Italy and eaten pizza. This place is no Naples. Side note, while we were waiting for the food my son discovered a broken glass under the table. Not big on cleaning here obviously. So here come the pizzas. Ok, I asked for no sauce on what was described to me as a thin crust. Wow, thick chewy dough and what appeared to be red sauce as well. I asked the waiter why there was sauce on the pizza when I asked for no sauce. He then had to confer with the owner apparently. A couple minutes passed and the owner came to our table proudly displaying a large can of tomatoes. He explained that this is what they offer for tomatoes. Geez really? Canned tomatoes that were for all intents and purposes, crushed tomatoes. Yeah, the damaged ones they put in cans cause they can't sell them fresh and the certify as DOP certified San Marzano tomatoes from Italy.. I'll take local fresh tomatoes over this hyped up can any day. This pizza was so bad our kids didn't even like it. Most of everything was left behind and we went home and had a sandwich. Again,I guess most people in this area have pretty low expectations as to what good food is.

5  Thank CapeCoralTravelers
Jill725leo, Owner at Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

In response to your review our restaurant...first off needless to say I am very disappointed by your review. We strive for perfection each and everyday to,make Ciao a true dining destination, and 99.9 percent of the time we succeed. The evening that you were at our restaurant there was a bike night event going on the 47th street , where thousands of individuals come and enjoy the festivities. As for parking...unfortunately when they built the building in 1963, we are at a zero lot line...so there is street parking and 50 lighted spots across the street. As for our restrooms, during events with lots of customers joining us for dinner, we try our best to keep up. Moving on...I know you and your family were seatied in a booth, and I know that you ordered a Regina Margarita pizza..and no where does it say thin crust, a true Neapolitan pizza, just like in Italy. Not sure of the other pizza, but if you read the description which states exactly what is on the pizza, which is San Marzano tomato, fresh made mozzarella , and fresh basil...that is the pizza that you received, you didn't mention anything about no sauce...as for my husband bring out the can to show you the tomato, he just wanted to you see that we use only certified tomatoes for our pizzas. Also for your information, we use imported flour from Italy, and use only fresh ingredients. We have won BEST PIZZA 2 years in a row, as well as BEST restaurant . Kind of unfair for you to make a statement how we are rated 3#, and that most people in this area have low expectations of what good food is. By your other reviews which you posted, doesn't look like your happy wherever you go. Look at all our other reviews., customers from all over the world, who enjoyed. You have missed out on a true dining experience with us, for this I am sorry as we pride ourselves in being 100% from scratch...everyone who enjoys...truly "Feels the LOVE" unfortunately you did not, not that we didn't try.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Went here tonight and everyone had a great meal with the owner , Jill , stopping by to make sure are experience was memorable . I would highly recommend it .Just wish it was in Wellington , Florida so I could go here all the time

Jill725leo, Owner at Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Thank you so much for joining us for a wonderful dining experience, we greatly appreciate you joining our family for an evening of LOVE. As strive each and every time to make sure we provide the best in service, quality & overall dining experience of enjoying food that is made from generations of old family recipes, and a few new recipes of my own.....we won't tell Momma about those!! As for a new location.....I think a weekend trip on your end might be a little bit better...lol. Again thank you so much for "Sharing the LOVE" with us....and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Jill

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

We went here with a party if 13, no reservation and they were able to accommodate us with no problem. Waiter was very knowledgable. Owner Jill came out and welcomed us with open arms and explained the menu with great detail. Food was out of this world!! It was very hard to decide what to have. We have never felt more welcome at any restaurant!

1  Thank CarlyWass

Carly,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our restaurant, we are truly blessed to have such wonderful customers join us for an unforgettable evening. When I saw the entire family come in, I knew it was going to be an amazing night, as that is what we are all about...FAMILY. As you noticed....we line our walls with family photos as well as customers who have brought in photos of their family, a true wall of family history. Now for the food....as the Chef I love to explain each appetizer, soup & entrees, in detail....so you can picture the LOVE that goes into each item.....and by your posting....I can say you have been CIAO struck.. So again thank you and your family for sharing the LOVE with us on Tuesday, and we look forward to having you join our family again in the near future.
Jill

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Dinner was so good the first night that we had to go back the next night for dinner again. We have never done that before on vacation. Jill, the owner and the chef, personally visited each and every table during a busy dinner hour. The food is superb, the service exceptional. Alex, our server, was outstanding. Save room for the delicious deserts, cheesecake and canolli.

Jill725leo, Owner at Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful review you posted about our restaurant. We try each and every time to create a true dining experience....and mission accomplished , you felt the LOVE. We greatly appreciate you joining us for two consecutive evenings, first night the dinners....and then the second evening the pizza, a true culinary delight. We as a family would also like to mention that it was your anniversary weekend ...so and again we wish you much happiness always. Thank you for joining our Ciao family, and we look forward to your.next visit so we can share the LOVE once again.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Hi Jill. Arrived home safe to London Ontario but I am missing your fabulous chicken marchese ! Your restaurant was the highlight of my two months in Florida. Your staff is wonderful and you make everyone feel like family ! I encourage everyone to stop in at Ciao. As our waiter told us on our first visit , you will be back and so we were! Miss you !
Leslie (and the girls )

Leslie & the girls,
Awww...thank you so much for posting on Tripadvisor with your wonderful review about our restaurant. Each time you dined with us, it was such a pleasure to have you join our family and share the love with us, but most of all enjoy the Chicken Franchaise...yummy!!..you guys are the BEST. We strive each and every time to make your time with us a true culinary delight, and mission accomplished , you felt the LOVE. Thank you all so much for joining our Ciao family, and we look forward to your.next visit so we can share the LOVE once again.