“Worth the drive to Cape Coral”

Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria
Ranked #1 of 441 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "Come Feel the LOVE" Italian Trattoria. Who are we? Housed in a replica of a 1920's NYC store front, Ciao features authentic Neapolitan pizza made with imported "00" Caputo flour, San Marzano tomato and fresh made mozzarella daily prepared in an authentic 800 degree wood burning oven. We also specialize in freshly prepared Italian dinner dishes, seafood, chicken & veal, fresh catch and home of the 7 Layers of Love" ( our house Lasagna) as well as homemade desserts, cappuccino, large imported wine selection & micro brews. Outdoor dining al fresco on the streetfront patio is unique. We carry a large winesj & micro beer selection, wine lover? Ask about "Our Stash" high end wine cabinet. See you soon Ciao! Jill & the family
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Hi Jill. Arrived home safe to London Ontario but I am missing your fabulous chicken marchese ! Your restaurant was the highlight of my two months in Florida. Your staff is wonderful and you make everyone feel like family ! I encourage everyone to stop in at Ciao. As our waiter told us on our first visit , you will be back and so we were! Miss you !
Leslie (and the girls )

Jill725leo, Owner at Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Leslie & the girls,
Awww...thank you so much for posting on Tripadvisor with your wonderful review about our restaurant. Each time you dined with us, it was such a pleasure to have you join our family and share the love with us, but most of all enjoy the Chicken Franchaise...yummy!!..you guys are the BEST. We strive each and every time to make your time with us a true culinary delight, and mission accomplished , you felt the LOVE. Thank you all so much for joining our Ciao family, and we look forward to your.next visit so we can share the LOVE once again.
Ciao
Jill owner/chef

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We spent 4 days in Cape Coral and discovered this gem 2 days into the trip. I was expecting great food after reading the great reviews and was not let down. The pizza was worth breaking my gluten-free diet, the sauce was authentic, the real mozzarella used was soft, and the crust from the stone fireplace was perfect. I also ordered the eggplant parm.. amazing. I only wish I could have eaten more. but I had to leave room for the dessert.

Dessert: BUY ONE OF EACH. We ordered the chocolate cream and the coconut cream pies. Unreal. Hand whipped custard and whipped cream. I could only fit half of one in, they were huge and made a great morning treat (don't judge me, I'm was on vacation). We went back the next night just for the dessert, another chocolate pie and this time canolli's.

The owner/chef Jill came out from behind the wall and said hello to each person there - real special. She is so funny and spent quite a bit of time getting to know us. Our little daughter loved her. It really added to the family feeling i am used to in my full family lunches.

I cannot stress enough the need to eat here.

Jill725leo, Owner at Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

John & Tonya,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our restaurant.....I greatly appreciate you and your family sharing the LOVE with us, it means everything to us that each and every customer has an exceptional dining experience. As we sat and chatted....I just watched your daughter enjoy...and to me at is the best gift one can receive. And then to see you both back the next night...standing at the counter, for your to go desserts, amazing....so thank you for joining our family and we look forward to seeing you when the next vacation arises. Many blessings and thank you again for the LOVE that was shared. Ciao Jill owner/chef...ps and remember a hostess in your daughters future..lol

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Have been there the first time with friend. Ordered a wood fired fresh baked pizza which as very delicious. Had a good Chianti with it and an Espresso as Desert. Everything tasted delicious and we enjoyed it. Can recommend this place.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our restaurant, we greatly appreciate it. We pride ourselves in creating a true authentic wood fired pizza, using only the freshest ingredients along with our imported San Marzano tomatoes and 00 imported flour from Italy, to produce a Neapolitan culinary delight. We are truly blessed as we have won BEST pizza 2 yrs in a row, as well as BEST restaurant. So again thank you for joining the Ciao family...but most of all for "Feeling the Love" of Ciao. Jill owner/chef

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We went on a couples night out. We were not disappointed. I had a pepperoni pizza and the dough and sauce are unbelievable. There is nothing like homemade dough. My wife had the Alfredo. It was so enjoyable to have an Alfredo sauce that had taste. My friend had a pizza and he loves pizza and said this was the best he has eaten.(He has been to Italy many times) His girlfriend had the chicken special I had a taste of that too, simply delicious. We split a dessert and Oh my the pastry and creme tasted heavenly. Jill the owner chef was a fantastic host. We are already planning our next visit.
Oh they have a nice wine list as well.

Jill725leo, Owner at Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Procket,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our restaurant....we greatly appreciate you sharing the LOVE with us. From the pizza to the Alfredo...to the Chicken Chianti...each a step of a culinary delight. And then dessert....all my Moms recipes..and right now she is one proud Momma.
So thank you so joining our family...but most of all thank you for "Feeling the Love".
See you soon.
Ciao!
Jill owner/chef

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I had a flash back to when I was 16 eating pizza with my friends on a Friday night at the local pizzeria! The ingredients were superb and crust was baked perfectly. And let me tell you about the cannoli and Jil.....great taste and Jil, the owner, took the time to say hello and ask how our meal was. Did I mention the wait staff? Efficient, gracious, and knowledgeable! Wonderful meal and experience! We'll be back!

1  Thank Rick S
Jill725leo, Owner at Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Rick,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our restaurant. We take pride in creating an unforgettable dining experience...and so glad that we made a wonderful memory of your past (when you were 16) again thank you for sharing the LOVE with us, and for join our Italian family. We look forward to making more memories with you in the near future . Ciao for now! Jill owner/chef