“Best in Fort Myers or Cape”

Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria
Ranked #3 of 435 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "Come Feel the LOVE" Italian Trattoria. Who are we? Housed in a replica of a 1920's NYC store front, Ciao features authentic Neapolitan pizza made with imported "00" Caputo flour, San Marzano tomato and fresh made mozzarella daily prepared in an authentic 800 degree wood burning oven. We also specialize in freshly prepared Italian dinner dishes, seafood, chicken & veal, fresh catch and home of the 7 Layers of Love" ( our house Lasagna) as well as homemade desserts, cappuccino, large imported wine selection & micro brews. Outdoor dining al fresco on the streetfront patio is unique. We carry a large winesj & micro beer selection, wine lover? Ask about "Our Stash" high end wine cabinet. See you soon Ciao! Jill & the family
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The best food and the finest staff anywhere in florida. Owners take time to talk to customers and ask how meal was, I have been a dozen times and never disappointed with friends and family.

Jill725leo, Owner at Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Thank you for your review of Ciao...we greatly appreciate your comments of food and service as we take pride in making sure each and every visit is perfect. See you soon!
Ciao
Jill

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Food, service, and atmosphere is excellent! We took two couples on our most recent trip, and everyone was very impressed. They began talking about which friends they wanted to bring. You can taste the quality and freshness of the ingredients in these "home" cooked meals. The owner's make sure you are well taken care of without being intrusive. We haven't felt we needed to wait a long time for our food, but this is not microwaved fast food. The dining area is not huge, and as with any top notch restaurant you might have a wait to be seated. It's busy because it's so good!

Thank you so much for joining our family with your friends...it is such an honor to know that you shared the LOVE and will continue to in the future...see you soon
Ciao
Jill

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I've been to Ciao many times and have never been disappointed, unless they ran out of one my favorites. Everyone there is very friendly and the service is great. I still haven't tried their pizza, so I can't vouch for that. Every time I go, I say to myself "next time I'll definitely try the pizza", but then I can never get past their wonderful italian dishes. Jill, the chef, makes her own lasagna noodles. I love the lasagna, mussels, the eggplant parm., the scallops wrapped in bacon and I could go on and on. They always have some sort of fish as a special and it's always cooked to perfection. Their servings are quite large and I almost always take home enough to enjoy for lunch the next day. Every time I go down to Cape Coral, I make a point of eating there. I do suggest that you go early. They open at 5 and I usually try to get there then to avoid the wait. My only regret is that they're not open for lunch.

Jill725leo, Owner at Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thanks so much for sharing the LOVE with us...as always it is our pleasure to serve fresh from scratch food....from recipes that have been handed down through generations . So from our family at Ciao we want to Thank you for "Feeling the Love" see you soon! Ciao Jill

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

If you haven't tried Ciao, try it, and make sure you stay for desert.

My boyfriend and I make it to Ciao at least once every time he is home from school. (Summer break we went once every week).

The bruschetta will leave you craving more the next day.
The Sangria is refreshing and you'd never believe it's alcoholic, until you're 2 glasses in.
Personally, we always get a pizza but when you adventure into the rest of the menu your tastebuds will thank you. (The lobster ravioli is a miracle in your mouth)
And don't think for a second you're going to turn down desert. I can personally name every desert there is at Ciao and yet still can not wait until my next opportunity to have one. (You can split one, but we personally will split two since making a choice on just one is impossible)

As for the environment...it's a home. A cozy, wood fire lit home.
Jill, the owner, is one of the sweetest ladies you will meet and involves family as one of the best ingredients. No matter what, she is aiming to delight.
There are two servers in particular that always treat us like we belong, and do the same with the other guest around.

If you feel a 30-45 minute wait is too long, you're mistaken.
The service is well timed and you never sit for too long.

I tell everyone to give this slice of personal heaven a try, and have never had a poor response.

Here at Ciao we would like to personally thank you for joining our family. ....and most importantly for sharing the LOVE with us. We appreciate your patronage more than you know....and it is always our pleasure. As for our bruschetta.....you are priceless...as we can it LOVE on toast points....lol. We look forward to seeing you soon....to share the love ...but once again. Ciao Jill

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Did not have to drive from I-75, but will not return. We wanted to try the pizza which was average and took forever to arrive. The restaurant stops serving at 8:30 p.m. which is really weird especially during Florida high season. We were in a booth with a very high wood back. The waiter at the next table bused the table behind us by putting the dirty dishes on the top of the back of my booth. This made a lot of noise and was disconcerting.

We did not order anything but pizza and salad. The other dishes might be worth the drive, but I think we will pass on going back.

So sorry to read your review of our restaurant ...and kind of confused as well. We offer wood fired pizza that goes into a 900 wood fired oven...and takes approximately 2 minutes in the oven....if it was a busy night you might have had to wait a short time...but forever? We have won BEST PIZZA 2 years in a row....so we must be doing something right...I am sorry that you did not enjoy your pizza....did you tell you server so he could have remedied your unhappiness. Our wood fired oven produces a true Neapolitan pizza....like in Italy, with 00 imported flour as well as imported San Marzano tomatoes. As for our making noise with plates by you....sorry for this issue you had. All in all we strive for perfection....we share in making customers " Feel the LOVE" and then in some circumstances we don't succeed ....not that we don't try. Ciao Jill owner/ chef