“Fabulous”

Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria
Ranked #1 of 437 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "Come Feel the LOVE" Italian Trattoria. Who are we? Housed in a replica of a 1920's NYC store front, Ciao features authentic Neapolitan pizza made with imported "00" Caputo flour, San Marzano tomato and fresh made mozzarella daily prepared in an authentic 800 degree wood burning oven. We also specialize in freshly prepared Italian dinner dishes, seafood, chicken & veal, fresh catch and home of the 7 Layers of Love" ( our house Lasagna) as well as homemade desserts, cappuccino, large imported wine selection & micro brews. Outdoor dining al fresco on the streetfront patio is unique. We carry a large winesj & micro beer selection, wine lover? Ask about "Our Stash" high end wine cabinet. See you soon Ciao! Jill & the family
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I have ate at this establishment various times, each time has been a treat. The food is delicious and more than enough in a portion size. Desserts are the best!

Jill725leo, Owner at Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2015

Thanks for Feeling the LOVE! and thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. Each and everyday we strive to make family members share in the LOVE of doing what we LOVE best, and that is serving real 100% made from scratch Italian food, REAL food! Your know when your tummy says " oh my" lol. I know I'm getting a little carried away. Really, thank you for joining our Italian family, and we look forward to sharing the LOVE with you again. Happy New Years.
Ciao
Jill owner/ chef

Reviewed January 13, 2014

They claim not to take reservations but we had to wait for nearly 30 minutes while two other parties went ahead of us and we saw none of the attention others claim. The food was disappointing, a margherita pizza with no tomatoes? How unusual. A prime rib that looked unappetizing and so it proved to be, it was dry and lacked flavour with broccoli that looked like yesterdays leftovers. I was even overcharged for my Chianti! It was Saturday night and they were busy but we were very disappointed and won't return.

1  Thank Mike00101
Jill725leo, Owner at Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

I am so sorry to read your review about our restaurant....and pls let me explain. We are a restaurant that seats 50 people inside & and 25 people outside...we do not take reservations as in the past we did and patrons just didnt show up and we held tables...that customers could have dined at...so we changed our policy. As for customers walking in ahead of you, we put customers names on a wait list....maybe they went and had a drink at the bar while waiting and then returned to their table being ready...we just dont have customers walk in in front of patrons who are waiting...
As for the attention, I am the owner/chef...and I like to come out and visit the diningroom...and chat with customers...sometimes I am not able to get out of the kitchen to do so, my apologies.
As for our pizza/food if you read the description of the Margarita pizza...we stay true to a Neaopolitan using San Marzano tomatoes (made into a sauce), fresh made mozzarella & fresh basil...and for our prime rib we use Angus beef Lipon...I can't understand why it would be dry...it is done on a rotisserie, so it self basts...making it very moist...if you were unhappy we could have resolved this issue if you would have taken it up with your server..the broccoli is roasted with garlic...so it leaves crisp heads and then tossed in olive oil...we are 100% fresh. As for being overcharged for your Chianti I do not know how or why this would happen...once it is ordered it is charged.. Again we try to please all customers.....but sometimes some are left not "Feeling the Love" for this I am sorry. We strive for perfection....Ciao Jill

Reviewed January 12, 2014

This was my first time to visit this establishment and my whole party was very pleased with the results. The food was great. We sat on the patio and were very comfortable on a cool night with heaters nearby. The waiter was good but not as efficient as he could have been. We will definitely return to try something else on the large menu. I had one of the grouper specials which was absolutely an amazing dish! While we were dining the owner/chef visited to check on the dinner experience.

Jill725leo, Owner at Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2015

Thank you so much for your wonderful LOVE of Ciao! We are truly blessed when family members share their dining experiences, but most of all when they share in what I love to do, and that is have a memorable and unforgettable dining evening....and that is truly what it is all about! Thank you for joining our Italian family, but most of all for " feeling the LOVE"
See you soon!
Ciao
Jill
Owner/chef

Reviewed January 11, 2014

While vacationing in Cape Coral we decided to go to dinner and found this gem. We had planned to have the wood fired pizza but got there too late and the fresh made dough was sold out for the day. We then decided to have both types of eggplant dinner with a house salad and a pitcher of sangria and everything was delicious.

Best of all, it is a really cute, quaint place, the tables are close to each other and we struck a conversation with the couple next to us and had a wonderful connection with complete strangers. The place is conducive to making friends easily.

To top it off, the owner, comes around to each table and makes sure you have a very personalized experience. She is really friendly and fun and makes the environment a great place to be with wonderful staff. She even toasted all the guests with the largest wine glass we have ever seen.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE--We definitely will return next time we are in Cape Coral.

Jill725leo, Owner at Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2015

LOCAL,
Thank you for taking the time to review Ciao, our family trattoria. And so glad that you enjoyed your dining experiences with us.
I feel it is very important to make sure each and every customer enjoys their experiences with us, it proves that we truly care. It's not just about putting your dinner entrees in front of you, and we are done. To me it is about enjoying your entire dining experience with us, the best we know how.....and to make sure you had an exceptional dining experience, with us. If you choose to dining with us again, just ask for lemon wedges instead of my house made white wine lemon butter.
Thank you for sharing in the Ciao LOVE!
See you soon.
Ciao!
Jill & the family

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This cozy little restaurant is my new favorite as of yesterday. I don't see that changing anytime soon. Jill and her staff were very attentive. There were 5 in our party and we each ordered something different. From the appetizers to the desserts not one complaint. Try the "crabmeat cheesecake" for an appetizer. It's awesome. Prices are reasonable. Jill is the ultimate hostess. We left feeling like family. My next visit, which will be very soon, I will try the pizza.