“Delicious!”

Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria
Ranked #3 of 425 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "Come Feel the LOVE" Italian Trattoria. Who are we? Housed in a replica of a 1920's NYC store front, Ciao features authentic Neapolitan pizza made with imported "00" Caputo flour, San Marzano tomato and fresh made mozzarella daily prepared in an authentic 800 degree wood burning oven. We also specialize in freshly prepared Italian dinner dishes, seafood, chicken & veal, fresh catch and home of the 7 Layers of Love" ( our house Lasagna) as well as homemade desserts, cappuccino, large imported wine selection & micro brews. Outdoor dining al fresco on the streetfront patio is unique. We carry a large winesj & micro beer selection, wine lover? Ask about "Our Stash" high end wine cabinet. See you soon Ciao! Jill & the family
Guelph, Canada
“Delicious!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

From the moment we walked in the restaurant, it was unbelievable. Travis greeted us at the door and offered 2 different tables to choose from. The banquet tables are close to each other to encourage conversation, which we had with both parties on either side of us throughout our evening. We started with the antipasti platter. It was cleverly plated as a salad type serving and was excellent. We shared a pizza. It was delicious! Probably the best pizza we have ever had...and we've eaten a lot of pizza. Halfway through dinner, Jill, the owner proposed a toast to the whole restaurant. Jill is very hands on and attentive, inviting everyone to her home. By the time you leave, you feel like Jill's new BFF. You must try the cheesecake, it is amazing.
We are already planning our return visit. Ciao.

Boca Raton, Florida
“Feels like being invited into a family dinner”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

While vacationing for the weekend in Cape Coral, FL we checked online for reviews of possibly interesting places to go to dinner. When I spotted Ciao near the top of the list it was a no-brainer to try out some wood fired oven pizza. So many pizza places fail to rise above mediocre pizza even with a decent wood fired oven but this place did things right. The pizza was superb - crust is the make or break factor on a pizza for me and they passed with flying colors. The toppings were flavorful as well resulting in pizza the way it was meant to be. Surprisingly they have a spectacular and diverse beer list as well. I usually have to find the least objectionable beer among Bud Lights and the like but their hand-selected selection of beers was a wealth of options. We even saved room for dessert (something I almost never do). The ricotta cheesecake in the display case as we walked in turned my head and ended up topping off the meal. Paired with a chocolate vanilla stout it was a great finish to a terrific meal.

And that is just the food. If the ambiance and service were sub-par I'd still rank this 5-star simply for the food. But I've run out of stars as the ambiance is charming (low-key casual but warm and inviting). The serving staff are knowledgeable and attentive but the star of the show is Jill the host. To say she is charming and loving is an understatement at best. When you step through the front door you are family - instantly. If you are anti-social go to a fast food restaurant. If you want to feel that you have an Italian family to come home to go to Ciao. The warmth is so pervasive that the patrons end up talking like everybody is at a family reunion.

The only down side is that I'm here on a weekend vacation and I live 2.5 hours away. I'm going back tomorrow (yeah, it's that good and warmly welcoming). Till they decide to relocate to the east coast of Florida I'll have to let as many people know about this gem as it needs to be shared.

Come in for the food - stay for the love.

Venice, Florida
“Wow...Ciao!!!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I don't know where to begin!! Seven of us visited Ciao's last night and were treated to the very best imaginable evening! Each of us enjoyed a different entree and all were fantastic! The owner, Jill, thinks of her patrons as family and literaly adds love to each dish. The menu is varied and imanigative with selections for any palate. Don't miss this opportunity!!

1 Thank Anne B
“Nice restaurant average Pizza!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I was in Cape Coral for one night and was feeling some pizza. We looked up local restaurants and Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria seemed to be a very nice and cozy place to eat based on previous reviews. I can only speak about the pizza because that is what we ordered. The toppings and ingredients were very good, however, the crust left us with more to desire. We lived in Greece for several years and were spoiled with the best Pizza on the planet cooked in brick ovens and made to perfection. So as far as pizza is concerned, we are always searching for that taste in every pizza we try. Other than that, the restaurant staff were very friendly and service was above average. We will definately try a pasta dish, next time around.

2 Thank Bluwaterdreamer
Fort Myers, Florida
“didn't think it'd get any better”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I am just in LOVE with this establishment!

This is my second review of Ciao! because I am that in love with this place!

I consider myself a foodie, I enjoy every part about dining out from the locations & decor to the people running the place; it all plays into the 'feeling of love' you get when you actually eat the food you're dining out for.

Ciao! has mastered the art of the dining experience.

You pull up to a charming building with in/outdoor dining and are greeted with the warmest welcome you can ask for in SWFL.... ahhh let the love begin!!!

This particular night I was dining alone, I sat in the back at the 'bosses table' I'll call it because joining me was Nathaniel; Jill's (the owner) 7 year old son. He sat on his Dad's laptop with headphones on quietly playing games while Jill and I chatted about her payroll services... and she asked me to stay for some dinner since it was already well past 5:00. Of course there was no way I was declining the invite for her cooking so I stayed seated there for my dinner.
I AM SO GLAD I DID!

I watched as slowly her patrons came in for their dinner service. It was a very rainy Wednesday and Chris (Jill's husband and co-owner) started welcoming them in not only by names but with a few handshakes & hugs too... holy impressive!!!

As I sat and watched them do what they do best I read over the menu- a difficult task everything because it is all just amazing... the pizza oven started cooking. OH MY! Was THAT smell ever inticing!!
I opted for the Chicken Marsala w/fettuccine - it arrived and I died and went straight to heaven!
-the Chicken was so tender a knife wasn't required to cut it, I used my fork. The mushrooms were simmered to perfection in the most delicitlble Marsala sauce... my mouth is watering a week later as i write this....

Ciao! is a unique experience in Cape Coral you simply cannot find anywhere else. I KNOW that is why they have been voted the best restaurant & pizza for 2012-2013 however I truly feel you will be missing out if you do not stop in!

Just NOT this Friday, October 11th because it is my birthday dinner with my family and they do not accept reservations!!!! HAHA!