“Go feel the Love!”

Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria
Ranked #3 of 427 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "Come Feel the LOVE" Italian Trattoria. Who are we? Housed in a replica of a 1920's NYC store front, Ciao features authentic Neapolitan pizza made with imported "00" Caputo flour, San Marzano tomato and fresh made mozzarella daily prepared in an authentic 800 degree wood burning oven. We also specialize in freshly prepared Italian dinner dishes, seafood, chicken & veal, fresh catch and home of the 7 Layers of Love" ( our house Lasagna) as well as homemade desserts, cappuccino, large imported wine selection & micro brews. Outdoor dining al fresco on the streetfront patio is unique. We carry a large winesj & micro beer selection, wine lover? Ask about "Our Stash" high end wine cabinet. See you soon Ciao! Jill & the family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We LOVE Ciao! This quaint little restaurant is just filled with LOVE. The atmosphere takes you right to Italy with the intimate tables and the décor. Family pictures hang on the wall which makes for great stories. Jill, who you meet almost immediately, makes you feel part of the family. Her menu has a variety for any mood you’re in. She posts specials on Facebook and my new favorite is her butternut squash ravioli. Ciao is a wonderful family place as well as a great date night restaurant. You definitely won’t be disappointed eating here!

There are newer reviews for Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have never felt so at home in a restaurant, although it felt much more like I was an old friend visiting. The food was delicious with beautiful presentation and ample portions - this is REAL ITALIAN! Jill greeted each and every customer, engaging them in comfortable conversation and creating an atmosphere of being in her home. I tried the tour of Ciao which was a wonderful sample of tried and true Italian cuisine. The marinara sauce (or gravy if you prefer) was just right - not too acidic, not too sweet, not too thin, not too chunky! Hubby had veal parmigiana which he raved about and out finicky daughter declared the Chicken Chianti, "Awesome"! Appetizers were mouthwatering delicious - must have the Bruschetta! Tiramisu was the best I have had! Keep this restaurant on your short list of must-do's! We look forward to trying the wood-fired pizza! Hmmmm........this could be what's for dinner tonight!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This was our first visit here and I have to say I can't think of anything that they could have improved on. My husband & I are in the food industry & I think therefore a little more critical but there was nothing here to criticize. We started out with the bruschetta & calamari; the calamari tasted very fresh, the batter was light & tasty and it was served with a very nice warm marinara. The bruschetta was hands down the best I've ever had. We then (over ordered) got a small Quattro Formaggi pizza & a lasagna to share. We were at least smart & boxed half the pizza before the lasagna came. Not because you didn't want to eat the whole pizza, the flavor was delicious and the dough flavor & consistency were outstanding but we knew we still had the lasagna coming. We tried to do the same thing with the lasagna, we split it in half and then shared one of the halves..... & then promptly split the other half! It was amazing, I have had a favorite spot for lasagna since I was a teenager and I am almost sad to say - this was better! Highly recommend and can't wait to go back! As a side note the atmosphere is great, very nice & cozy. Our waiter was great but the owners were also on hand to answer and questions and check up on you.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Really happy I found this place. We got there just after they opened (which I believe is at 5PM). By 5:45, the place was pretty full. They are not open every night. I think they close 2 nights during the week. The great thing is that you know you are getting someone that knows how to cook on the nights they are open!

It's a small place that you walk into and immediately feel at home. Actually it felt more like walking into your grandmothers Italian dining room (if your grandmother was Italian that is). It's warm and cozy and the staff are wonderful and very attentive.

Their wine is quite good and as another reviewer mentioned, they do give a generous pour. Their menu is just what you would expect from an Italian restaurant - lots of the basics and their wood fired pizzas. Although, what you might not expect is how awesome the food is. I ordered a shells dish that was simply amazing! Hubby ordered the pizza with olives and diced tomatoes. It was honestly the best pizza I've ever tasted. The crust was simply perfection. The sauce was perfetto! I know sauce and crust should be a simple thing but we all know it's not. Let me just say that once you try this pizza, you will never be happy with 99% of the pizza's you will try in the future. The portions are generous as well. We took half of each of our entrees home.

Don't miss out on this place. Good food in Cape Coral is few and far between. This one is a few and far between!

Grazi!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Ciao is a lovely mom and pop restaurant in Cape Coral. Off the beaten path, Ciao is tucked away in a stand alone charming building that looks like a little house. You open the restaurant entrance and immediately you smell home-made marinara, cheese and fresh bread. The food is pretty solid but the best part is the homey quality of the restaurant. Both owners, a couple that clearly love their restaurant are working side by side making their guests feel welcome, offering them delicious food and a memorable dining experience. That was how we left Ciao: happy people who enjoyed very good food and met two very nice people who allowed us to have dinner amongst their closest friends and guests. Visit Ciao - you will be glad you did. Yummy pasta, pizza, salad and canolis!