“Pleasantly surprised!”

Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria
Ranked #3 of 425 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Seafood, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: "Come Feel the LOVE" Italian Trattoria. Who are we? Housed in a replica of a 1920's NYC store front, Ciao features authentic Neapolitan pizza made with imported "00" Caputo flour, San Marzano tomato and fresh made mozzarella daily prepared in an authentic 800 degree wood burning oven. We also specialize in freshly prepared Italian dinner dishes, seafood, chicken & veal, fresh catch and home of the 7 Layers of Love" ( our house Lasagna) as well as homemade desserts, cappuccino, large imported wine selection & micro brews. Outdoor dining al fresco on the streetfront patio is unique. We carry a large winesj & micro beer selection, wine lover? Ask about "Our Stash" high end wine cabinet. See you soon Ciao! Jill & the family
Savannah
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stopped by while visiting Cape Coral at the suggestion of some of our relatives. I always take other's reviews with a grain of salt, but this place proved them correct. Excellent pizza - some of the best have ever had. Will definitely mark this place a return destination on our next visit!

Captiva Island, Florida
“Delicious pizza!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I went there with a friend and then had to go back with my boyfriend a few days later! The four-mushroom pizza was so delicious, I had it both times, but also ventured to try the four-cheese on the second go-around. I preferred the mushroom one, but my boyfriend couldn't get enough of the cheese pie. Their pizzas are a bit on the pricier side, but I haven't had a better pie in the area, so it's well worth the money. My only gripe is that they have two sizes: a small 10" and a large 14" (but that may be because a larger pizza can't fit in their wood-fired oven). I can't wait to go back and try a new pie!

Fort Myers, Florida
“You'd be lucky to eat here!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Lets face it.... Cape Coral FL will never be Little Itlay and the majority of locals here think Carrabba's is authentic Italian food however if you are searching for wood fired pizza & authentic sauce and ingredients, you'd be lucky to find Ciao!

I know personally because I deliver their payroll checks weekly through the back door entrance of the building; only to find Jill elbow deep in flour or red sauce cooking up the specials for the day. Today the idea she ran by me involved a new take on stuffed shells including fresh spinach, ricotta, and a secret veggie that I do not want to reveal because my mouth watered as she named it and the first thought to my head was $$$ because it is going to be in high demand once she perfects the sauce.

I'm not going to lie I can never turn down the invite to stay and chat for a while, I just love Jill and Chris the owners and I so proudly will day CHEFS!! PLUS Jill will sit me down with a bowl of her fresh sliced mushroom bisque if I have a minute to spare and if not, she hands me a freshly baked and stuffed italian cream puff for the road. I know, I am insanely lucky to visit them weekly. BE JEALOUS! My office is!

They offer an intimate dining setting along with a great bricktop deck along a great people watching street with limited seating so go early!

Side note us foodies can appreciate... You will never see a Sysco truck parked outside this place unloading premade items!!! infact most of the time when I arrive w/ payroll Jill is bringing in her fresh produce or imported olive oils from home.

LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY YOU'D BE TO FIND THIS PLACE!

2 Thank Mary M
Punta Gorda, Florida, United States
“Best Italian Food In Florida”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Our first visit to Ciao we loved all the food we ordered. The mushroom soup was rich, creamy and buttery. The 4 cheese pizza was superb. The cheesecake with fresh raspberries was wonderful. The chef and owner, Jill came to our table and was such a sweet, charming, bubbly person. She makes everything 100% fresh from scratch and it is obvious. Delicious! It doesn't get any better than this! Thank you Jill :O)

Punta Gorda, Florida
“Best pizza & more in Florida”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Our small group shared a couple pizzas, which were the best we've had in Florida, & we've tried a lot. True NJ/N.Y taste. We also had salad, mushroom soup, cheese cake & a creampuff. All excellent.