“Not Impressed. Maybe visited on an off night?”
Review of Aji Limon

Aji Limon
Ranked #68 of 426 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Seafood, Peruvian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Free WI-FI
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stopped in tonight for the first time after reading the rave reviews. Sadly, I was very disappointed. Walking in, it's unclear whether to seat yourself or wait to be seated, which was confusing and set the tone for the rest of the night. We finally approached a waitress and were seated and waited on by her. We explained that this was our first time visiting. Her response? "Oh. Ok."

We felt the menu was not very explanatory, and asked for recommendations. It seemed the waitress did not want to help us choose; she wasn't sure what kind of fish was served, she did not explain the "Tacu Tacu" I had read so much about in the reviews, or clarify any of the flavors of the dishes, even when asked.

We ordered an appetizer of avocado stuffed with chicken which turned out to be an interesting chicken salad. My mother had the grilled fish which was finally identified as grouper. She said it was good, but not great. I ordered the sauteed beef and onion dish with fried black beans and rice. I'm not sure what this dish was supposed to taste like: the fried rice and beans were very crispy and dry, what I consider burnt, but that may have been intentional. The beef was a little dry, but had good flavor.

The waitress checked on us twice, but left us with our entrees for over an hour. We waited over 20 minutes for a check before I finally set my credit card on the table. Another server told our waitress we were waiting, and she continued typing at the laptop by the door for another 5 minutes before bringing us a check.

I'm not sure if I will try again or not. Everything I've heard about this restaurant says it's great, good food and good service, but I didn't experience that tonight. Maybe it's worth another chance, but it's too soon to tell.

1  Thank TravelShae
There are newer reviews for Aji Limon

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I first visited this restaurant nearly two years ago and have been back at least twice. The chef and owner used to be a waiter at another Peruvian restaurant in the area and decided to venture out on his own, thank goodness he did. The place is nicely appointed with plenty of color and pictures, feels like a little piece of Peru in Cape Coral, FL. The service is friendly and warm, very personable and the food is just spot on, tremendous variety and good quality. They carry Inca Kola and several Peruvian beers as well as delicious home-made desserts as well. Their lunch specials are terrific and the dinner menu is sure to satisfy. Will I be back, you bet! Viva El Peru!

5  Thank Jaime M
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stop by this amazing restaurant every time I visit my family in Cape coral. The service is outstanding and the ambiance is great. The owner is super attentive and always making sure our food is cooked the way we expected it to be. My family has been residing in cape coral for over 10 years and we have tried many Peruvian restaurants in town, but this is defiantly the best you will find. The food is always good but make sure to save room for dessert!

7  Thank Calia T
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Excellent Peruvian food. Our family travel to Cape Coral and we found a really authentic Peruvian cousine. The dishes are fresh and well portion. The service is excelent and the atmosphere great. Also the prices are very reasonable. Great job to the staff at Aji limon. Keep up the excellent job that is really making us drive 2 hours from our home to enjoy that delicious menu.. Thank you for having a great family restaurant.

6  Thank csvcorp
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is a Peruvian restaurant. If you have never had Peruvian food, try it. It has very bold flavors, very tasty. Although we weren't fond of the seafood (it was a bit undercooked in our minds), everything else we have had is delicious. The roasted chicken (wonderful and very reasonable), the tacu tacu (grilled steak or chicken with vegatables), the fried rice, all were just great! The service is always great, as is the food. For a reasonable and tasty meal, I highly recommend this restaurant.

6  Thank Sallie T