“very busy place, good food”
Review of Mel's Diner

Mel's Diner
Ranked #24 of 424 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Ontario
“very busy place, good food”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is the heart of the snowbird season so when you arrive shortly before 6 pm on a Sunday evening you know that you're going to have to wait, which we did. Over 1.5 hours later when we left there still were people waiting.

Considering how busy they were, the service was good, the food was good as well, plenty to eat & at a good price. I was full & my wife had to doggie bag part of hers. We will be back for sure.

The only real complaint that we have is how fast they are seating those who are waiting. From where I was sitting I could see every time that they brought people in to seat them. We noticed empty tables sitting for quite a while with nobody at all being brought in, not for the tables that we could see or for any others that we couldn't see. Like I already said, there still were people waiting to be seated when we left & there were empty tables looking for people to populate them.

• Visited February 2014

• Finnish first
Norman, Oklahoma
“Great food on 3 different nights”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My wife and visited Mel's 3 times during a two week stretch in Ft Myers this Jan.
Each time we enjoyed great food at very good prices with excellent service.
This place is highly recommended for comfort food like Mom would make.

1 Thank Sluf58
Bend, Oregon
“Above average "diner" food!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Went to Mel's and had their Godfather's Chicken Sandwich! It comes with slaw and fries. The sandwich was wonderful and the slaw was good too. Couldn't finish so I took half the sandwich home...yum! My husband had the American Idol Burger. He enjoyed his as well and it came with fries, slaw and onion rings as well as the choice of a milkshake or Root Beer float. He had the shake and sucked it down!

Chiangmai
“VFM”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Have used Mel's for a few years, consistent standard of food no frills and very good value for $, a huge varied menu has something for everyone good size portions and endless coffee. Lots of parking and easy to get to. Well worth a visit for breakfast.

Stanfield, North Carolina
“Yummy Ribs”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

While visiting in Ft. Myers, my brother in-law said I had to try Mel's Diner. I nominate him for the best restaurant suggester ever. My sister and I had the ribs. A half order was still plenty. The fries were hot and crispy. He had the roast beef sandwich which covered the whole plate. Our waitress was smiling, efficient and took wonderful care of us. Recommend it to anyone wanting a delicious. And by the way, don't be discouraged if you see a line. It moved with lightning speed.

• Visited December 2013