“Great food on 3 different nights”
Review of Mel's Diner

Mel's Diner
Ranked #34 of 464 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My wife and visited Mel's 3 times during a two week stretch in Ft Myers this Jan.
Each time we enjoyed great food at very good prices with excellent service.
This place is highly recommended for comfort food like Mom would make.

1  Thank Sluf58

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Went to Mel's and had their Godfather's Chicken Sandwich! It comes with slaw and fries. The sandwich was wonderful and the slaw was good too. Couldn't finish so I took half the sandwich home...yum! My husband had the American Idol Burger. He enjoyed his as well and it came with fries, slaw and onion rings as well as the choice of a milkshake or Root Beer float. He had the shake and sucked it down!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Have used Mel's for a few years, consistent standard of food no frills and very good value for $, a huge varied menu has something for everyone good size portions and endless coffee. Lots of parking and easy to get to. Well worth a visit for breakfast.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

While visiting in Ft. Myers, my brother in-law said I had to try Mel's Diner. I nominate him for the best restaurant suggester ever. My sister and I had the ribs. A half order was still plenty. The fries were hot and crispy. He had the roast beef sandwich which covered the whole plate. Our waitress was smiling, efficient and took wonderful care of us. Recommend it to anyone wanting a delicious. And by the way, don't be discouraged if you see a line. It moved with lightning speed.

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

A huge and varied menu and very reasonable prices. Even the pickiest person will find something! Three dollar glasses of house wine and I'm hooked! My husbands fish sandwich was so big, he cut it in half and took half home. The homemade soups are delicious!

1  Thank Dawn W