“Not fancy, but GOOD”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

A huge and varied menu and very reasonable prices. Even the pickiest person will find something! Three dollar glasses of house wine and I'm hooked! My husbands fish sandwich was so big, he cut it in half and took half home. The homemade soups are delicious!

1  Thank Dawn W
There are newer reviews for Mel's Diner

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Well after 2 years of seeing the ads and driving by. I stopped in. A Co swimmer recommended the all you u can eat fish.

It was a full parking lot and place. I was seated swiftly.

The order was quick as well as the service through out the meal.

I ordered the 3 buck margarita. A glass with a cactus stem. Tasty . My server, Daphne was excellent. She suggested the Friday special of fish plate. I would get soup/salad etc. for a better price unless I was REALLY hungry for fish. I appreciated the suggestion. It was a better choice.

The clam chowder though not made on premise was savory. chunks of clams & celery served hot. Using Mel's recipe.
Cole slaw was fine but a bit too much onions for me.
Fries thin..crispy. I prefer thicker sliced but that's me.
The fish were in about 9-10 inches by 1 or so wide strips.. I think breaded in panko .
I was hoping for more of a authentic English fish & chips. But hey this is Americana Mel's diner. I liked it.

A asst. mgr.,? Jackie stop by and inquired. on my experience so far.
Over all a good place to dine I will be back. I'll try the prime rib. ;-).

Live long & Prosper.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

spotless everywhere and the whole staff was great and food priced fairly Manager stopped by and we praised him on their cleanliness and menu

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We visit Florida for 2 weeks after Christmas and eat breakfast at Mel's almost every morning. Love their specials!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with our dining experience at Mel Diner in Cape Coral. This was the first time I ate at a Mel's Diner, and I cant say enough about it. Very nice , well lit and very clean. We had a short wait for a table. Our waitress Kristy was very good and knew the menu quite well. After a cocktail we ordered our meals. Now we had friends with us who frequent Mel's regularly and said that they love their Liver bacon and onions, so that is what 3 of us ordered, and it was outstanding and very nice portion I might add. Another in our party order fish fry dinner, and as luck would have it, Thursday at Mel's is all you can eat fish fry's, but the 4 large portions of fish was plenty and we needed a dogie bag for what was left. Another in our part had beef strogonoff and it looked really good and again, it was a large portion. My Liver bacon and onions was cooked perfectly and tasted outstanding. After dinner we all contemplated about dessert, so we gave in and and 3 of us had dessert. We had a tiny hot fudge sundae, and we had their coconut cream pie that stood 7 inch's high, and I'm not kidding. We shared that, and got a doggie bag for that too. All in all it will be a place that I will frequent many times while I'm in Florida. As Arnold Schwarzenegger once said, "I'll be Back"

1  Thank Irishlad1234