“oh well”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Just OK. Not much to say. Crowded, poor service. Menu nice but atmosphere lacking impact. Seems many staff not that happy. Shame because its a great idea?..not really a Diner

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Went there with a friend at around noon and discovered they don't serve breakfast at that time so was kind of bummed. They do offer a selection of 4 omelettes from which I chose the cheese omelette which came with tiny potato pancakes which looked like hash browns. I didn't eat most of the omelette as I didn't really care for it. The rye toast comes dry with the butter on the side; not a fan of that as the butter doesn't melt, plus they only give you one slice of toast.
The waitress was nice and the restaurant was clean.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Ate at Mel's Diner twice ~ once for breakfast and once for dinner. The breakfast menu is large and everything that we ordered came out fresh, presented nicely, hot and delicious! The portion sizes were large and the hot coffee was excellent! We decided to try it again for dinner as we had heard the ribs were "to die for" ~ I love ribs so was really looking forward to trying them. Well, the ribs were just ok~I was expecting something really special but they reminded me of something that you would get at a Denny's Restaurant~not up to the standard of the breakfast we had had there before. The grilled shrimp were plain/flavorless, the BBQ meatloaf and cordon blu were, again, ok. The staff were all very nice/friendly and the atmosphere was just what you would expect for a diner~casual.
I would definitely recommend Mel's for breakfast and would even return on my next visit but I would have to "pass" on dinner as there are better places nearby in the same price range.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Their food is always good with the burgers and ribs standing alone. We've always had good service anytime of the day. Makes one think of " Happy Days"

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is a good solid meal when you want a good solid meal. They also pride themselves on the freshness of their local fish and I must agree it was quite good. This is a place to go when you want to know you don't have to take a chance on sub-par food. It is quite good and I recommend them.