“Where adults can write on the table with crayons too!”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #34 of 425 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Cape Coral, Florida
“Where adults can write on the table with crayons too!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We eat here regularly and I have to say that I've never had a bad meal. The servers are always friendly, though they do get overwhelmed at times. The food is always good and they are attentive that everything is prepared to your liking and will fix it if it's not. The last time we went was as a large party, 9 of us with 5 kids. Thank goodness for happy hour and 1/2 price wine!

Visited November 2013

Cape Coral, Florida
“Outstanding food, but very overpriced”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

How many stars is value worth? Should you take off one, two or three for very poor value? I would rate this restaurant five stars without a problem if the value was there; instead, it gets three.

My wife and tried Bonefish Grill this week because she had a $10 coupon for two entrees. We knew from their website that their prices were high; considerably higher than Red Lobster, but we had been told by friends and coworkers the food was excellent. They were right.

We dined around 8PM so we were seated immediately. The atmosphere of the restaurant threw me a little since it appears to be nothing more than a giant room - the kind of dining one would find in a buffet or cafeteria with rows of tables next to each other.

The service was very good. Our server was quite professional, well versed on her menu and quite attentive.

We ordered virtually the same thing. I wanted the shrimp and scallop dinner for $17, but was surprised to find this did not include salad, only the veggie of the day and your choice of one side, such as broccoli or garlic mashed potatoes. No baked potatoes were offered. My wife ordered the same thing but asked for all shrimp, since she does not care for scallops. We both ordered side salads for an additional $2.90, so to compare with restaurants that include salads with the meals such as Red Lobster, these meals were costing us $20 each. As long as they tasted good and were filling, I wasn't going to have a problem.

But when the entrees were delivered, we both were quite taken aback by the presentation of approximately four ounces of seafood on each plate. I received four scallops and five medium sized shrimp, while my wife fared even worse by getting only eight shrimp. The taste of the food was outstanding; absolutely no complaints about the grilled flavor. But we left hungry.

If I'm going to spend $50+ with tip on a dinner, I expect to not only enjoy the taste, but also have my hunger satiated. This will not happen at Bonefish Grill. Their food is excellent, but most people are looking for more than four ounces of entree. If their prices reflected their portion size, it wouldn't have been so bad, but when you pay $20 for a meal and salad, you expect more than what they present.

This experience reminded me of dining at McCormick and Schmick in Las Vegas. Same result but worse value. $54 for two meals that consisted of three ounces of shrimp in a fancy presentation.

Bottom line: food tastes great, but don't go hungry.

• Visited November 2013
“Excellent on all counts,”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We were treated to dinner by a local who knew that I loved salmon. The salmon was great. Even my non fish loving husband loved it with one of the chicken dishes. We will definitely visit this place agin. The coconut pie was really good too.

Visited October 2013
ontario
“great meal and great service”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We came here for the first time with another couple. We were seated and then greeted by our waiter Eric. We were advised that everything is made fresh and if we wanted to change anything we could. We could not be more impress with the knowledge of the wine Eric had and the personal touches he put with every question we had about the food. We are not seafood fans but our friends are. They loved the shrimp and the crab. We come from Canada and can only dream of food and service that we had here. We will be back and let all our Canadian friends know of this wonderful place

• Visited October 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
“Great Chain Restaurant”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Food is always consistent, great happy hours and snack food pricing. Staff is friendly and great location.

Visited September 2013