“Exceeded our expectations!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

El G
Stockholm, Sweden
“Exceeded our expectations!”
Reviewed July 19, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We rented this property for a month in June/July and arriving to the house, You are always worried about pictures that are stretched and “photo-shopped” etc. but it actually exceeded our expectations!

All of the bed- and bathrooms are of very high quality as well as the common areas.
Well equipped kitchen with enough to accommodate our party of 7. A few things could perhaps be replaced and we even bought a new potato peeler in order to be able to cook one night.
But this is a real minor thing. All and all, it’s like me and my wife said “we could move in permanently the following day and probably wouldn’t change one thing”! I actually can’t enough praise the house interior and its design!
Most of the kitchen equipment felt fairly new and the lightning is really thought through in every room of the house!

The exterior area is really nice with the infinity pool as well with the dining area set in an “alcove” which would save you on a rainy day. We found ourselves many times just hanging by the house rather than going to the beach!
Even though the gulf-access lake which the property is facing is not really “swimmable”, it contributed to a really nice landscape view and we caught some amazing sunrises in the morning. The sun disappeared from the eating and “upper” area
by noon which was welcomed with such hot and nice weather as we had. But for those wishing to sunbathe in the afternoon, all you had to do was go down to the dock facing the water!

Not sure if we were lucky or if it’s thought through, but when we arrived to the house every bathroom was equipped with toilet paper, and the kitchen with both kitchen towels as well dishwasher tablets.
A positive surprise not having to rush to the supermarket the first thing you do.

The area in itself felt really nice and quiet. And grocery shopping is just minutes away from the house.

The few negative remarks or rather room for improvement, and I struggle to find them mind you, would probably be:

- Formal Check-in procedure: They were really flexible and willing to adjust after our time-schedule, so this I highly appreciated. But we would have liked to have a more extensive tour around the house and the equipment’s. For example, coming from Europe not being used to the food disposers, this would have good to know how to handle (only experience is horror movies, so we let that one be…). Same goes for oven, micro etc. Would have also been nice to accompany the person to make the reading of the electricity for ensured transparency. I trust that we had a correct reading to 100% in the end. But I think this could be a good and respectable addition to the check-in/check-out procedure.
- Pool-guy visit: The first Friday we were at home when he came, and he told us not to bathe in the pool for the three hours. The next time however, we were away. But he had left a note “don’t use pool for 3hrs”. Well, would have been good know from when Mr. Pool-guy!
- Check-Out/Check-In – garbage planning: We arrived to the house in the afternoon as agreed. Evidently there had been another party renting just before us. When the cleaners has left, we saw that the garbage cans had been filled to the max so that you could not even close them. In almost 100 degree Fahrenheit and high humidity, you can only imagine the smell from it gave from old food and what not. Luckily we didn’t really spend any time by the front of the house and there was only two of us the first week so we didn’t have to fill the garbage-can up further until they came to pick the garbage up (3 days after our arrival). But for future rentals, I think this could be managed better by Vacationhit.

The experience from reserving through Vacationhit could not have been any smoother. Our contact, Diana, was always available with a high display of customer service and was always very prompt in her replies. They were always reachable during our stay as well and I would have no problem recommending Vacationhit!

The house is really worth every penny, I we would love to go back and I can warmly recommend it!

Date of stay: June 2016
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The interior and spacius areas inside as well as outside
Liked least: Check-in could possibly be more informative
Your age range 35-49
sjc7820
Cincinnati
“Should be on cover of magazine!!”
Reviewed February 17, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

We stayed at the Villa Tuscany for 2 weeks with another couple. The house is beautiful, clean and exactly as pictured. The arrangements were made very easily on line. We had no need to contact the owners during our stay but I had the feeling that they would be very responsive. Even though it was cooler than we would have liked during our stay, the sun was very warm, and we enjoyed being in the back by the pool. The infinity pool is gorgeous and water is kept crystal clear. The kitchen in the house is so inviting and well equipped, we ended up cooking meals there more than we normally do when traveling. Plus, we totally enjoyed the outdoor kitchen and tiki bar. The house is decorated very nicely and not over done, so you don't feel like you are living in someone else's house! The couches are comfortable with a great view of the pool and lake. Glass doors can be totally retracted when weather allows. The bedrooms are large, especially both masters, one on first floor and one is the total second floor. The mattresses were very comfortable, did not get the back ache I usually get. There is even a separate study, so I could close the doors and when I needed to get some work done. The laundry is great and has a lot of room. The garage is oversized and had several bikes for guest use. There is a high chair and pack and play if needed. This truly is the nicest, most well equipped vacation home I ever stayed in.

Date of stay: February 2016
Traveling group: Friends
beverley...
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
“fantastic”
Reviewed September 30, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Absolutely fantastic place, it is the nicest holiday villa we have ever rented. We had no neighbours on either side when we were there so it was very peaceful. Would highly recommend this villa to anyone. Thank You.

Date of stay: September 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: cleanliness and attention to detail
Liked least: Nothing
Hartford, Wisconsin
“Very nice place”
Reviewed May 1, 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

It was brand new when we rented it so there were a few things that needed attention like some shades on some windows and some more trash cans. after these few things are attended to, I would rate it excellent. The house is very modern and was as advertised. The pool was fantastic. The dock was great with a electric lift for the boat we rented. Kevin, Diana, and TK of VacationHit were very helpful and responsive to our needs.

Date of stay: April 2015
Liked best: The infinity pool
Liked least: Lake of kitchen window shades
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
People with disabilities Older travelers
People with pets
CButterta...
Welland, Canada
“Gorgeous home with stunning pool & view!”
Reviewed March 22, 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

Villa Tuscany is a vacation paradise! The home was spotless when we arrived and the pool was ready for us to jump in! The kitchen was beautiful with all of the modern amenities you could want. All of the bedrooms have super comfortable beds, high-end furniture and luxurious bathrooms. The morning sunrises over the backyard lake were breathtaking! We have stayed in various Cape Coral homes for the last 13 years and this home is our favourite! The property managers are great - knowledgeable, accommodating and friendly! We always recommend them to our friends as we know the homes are exactly as pictured. Thank you for a wonderful vacation again!

Date of stay: March 2015
Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Jack R
Columbia, South Carolina
“Exceptional vacation experience in every way, gorgeous villa”
Reviewed January 2, 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

I stayed in the villa Tuscany with my husband Jack and our three kids for a week during December. The pictures of the house were beautiful and we were happy to see that they were up to date and the house was just as beautiful as described to us. We spent many days simply laying around the pool and soaking up the Florida sun. The house looks to be brand new or close to it with everything being in perfect condition. The location of this villa is simply brilliant as it is on a huge lake in a very quiet neighborhood. We were a little weary at first because this house does not have a pool cage but we soon found that it wasn't a problem at all and the view of the lake without the cake is spectacular. Kevin was very helpful during the check in and showed us how to use the TVs and set up the wifi internet connection. It was a truly memorable vacation that I will remember for a lifetime.

Date of stay: December 2014
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool and spa
Liked least: Honestly nothing
Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups People with pets
Luv2Trave...
Pennsylvania
“HONEST REVIEW OF A BEAUTIFUL HOME IN A GREAT LOCATION”
Reviewed November 13, 2014 for a stay in November 2014
people found this review helpful

I honestly chose this rental property because the house, pool and hot tub are beautiful and internet was available. Our experience was not quite what we expected. In short, the house was gorgeous, the pool beautiful but cold and not usable, the hot tub very nice and comfortable, and the internet did not work the way we wanted.
The pool is beautiful but I was unable to use it for more than a few minutes during my entire stay because it was too cold which was very disappointing. Although I was told that it is heated, it remained a balmy 65-75 degrees the majority of the time which was too cold to swim in during the month of November. I called the rental company and was told that the heater works only to heat either the pool or the hot tub -- you cannot heat both simultaneously – and the pool is on a timer that automatically turns everything off at 10:00 PM and (I believe) automatically turns on at 11 AM (which features I could not tell). I was surprised that I did not have control over this since I was paying a surcharge for additional electric used. I was also told that the unusually cold nighttime temperatures that ran in the normal range of 55-65 degrees could not be overcome by the heating system. Although the rental company was very responsive and had someone come out to address the issue at least twice I never saw the pool temperature rise above 76 degrees so swimming was a complete bust. So much for my eagerly awaited early morning and moonlight swims.
The hot tub did heat…slow but sure…and was very clean and comfortable. We were asked not to run it for more than ½ hour at a time and to let it rest between uses as not to burn out the motor. Not a problem.
The internet did not work the way we wanted during our stay (Sat – Tues). Although I did not use it my one son was looking forward to gaming with his friends on Sunday but was unable to connect to the PlayStation servers. My other son had problems connecting to apps on his iPhone. Although the problem was reported Monday AM it could not be resolved prior to my departure. Don’t know if this was an error by the supplier or a block setting in service by the owner but it is one that should be fixed.
The house is very beautiful, and is just as it appears in the photos. The flooring is gorgeous, and the appliances are new and very-up-to-date. There is plenty of silverware, dishes, glassware, pots, pans and utensils.
There are a total of four bedrooms. There are two master suites (one upstairs and one downstairs) with master baths, and two standard bedrooms. Although only one of the standard bedrooms has an attached bath there is also a very nice hall bath with shower. The first floor master and the one standard bedroom both have doors leading to the pool.
There are a total of four TVs – one in each of the master bedrooms, one in the first floor master bath over the Jacuzzi and the fourth in the family room. The two standard bedrooms do not have TVs -- this is the one thing I would change.
There is also a generous laundry room with a newer front loading washer and dryer in addition to a three car garage. Two nice bikes (not used) were available.
We did not use the air conditioning but the house is designed primarily for it as the vast majority of the windows are fixed (do not open) but we were lucky enough to be able to open the few that do and leave the slider leading to the lanai open for air.
The house is located at the end of a circle and the back overlooks a generous canal affording some privacy but there are no drapes on the front or back windows allowing full view of the family/kitchen/dining areas at all times. This was not a problem for us.
Would I recommend renting it and consider renting again? Yes, absolutely, if rented at a time when the pool does not require heating or can be heated and if the internet provides full access. It is a gorgeous and very comfortable home. The only change I would make is the addition of TVs in the 2 standard size bedrooms. It was extremely comfortable.

Date of stay: November 2014
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beauty of the house. It is very nicely decorated and comfortable.
Liked least: Not having the pool heat.
Traveling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway
Management Response
Nov 19, 2014
Thank you for your positive review of the Villa Tuscany. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your vacation and that you would visit the Tuscany again in the future. I'm sorry that the pool did not get as hot as you would have liked it to get. We turned the pool heater on 24 hours before you arrived and it was on 84 degrees. Unfortunately the day after your arrival coincidence with a cold front that swept through southwest Florida and brought night time temperatures down into the mid 40s. When temperatures get that low it is impossible to heat an outdoor pool to 80 degrees. I'm also sorry to hear that the Internet did not work as expected. We received a call from you stating that the Internet was working and the only probably was that it didn't work with a Playstation game. We immediately called Comcast who said they would send out a technician the next morning ( no problems were found with internet service) . Since you reported the problem during your last full day at the house this was not a matter which we could have resolved to your satisfaction and for that we apologize again. We hope to be able to welcome you next year to the Villa Tuscany again!
Best regards - Diana - customer service
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing