“Pleasantly Surprised at Paradise Deli”

Paradise Deli & Grill
Ranked #49 of 441 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located in mall Shops at Surfside
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I had been seeing this restaurant on my way to other shops in the center and had clipped several coupons that I received but let expire. This time, I used the coupon as was pleasantly surprised by the food!

When you think of a "Deli", you think of sandwiches, etc. -but I had one of the best fish dinners I have had so far in the Cape! The fish of the day was Haddock or Mahi - I chose the Mahi blackened and it was scrumptious! Cooked perfectly and not overdone with the blackening spices, served with fries and coleslaw. I'm not a big coleslaw fan so it has to be outstanding for me to eat it - I gave it to my husband who likes any coleslaw. Don't misunderstand me, there was nothing wrong with it - it was your standard coleslaw.

My husband ordered the Jerk Chicken, which was 2 large breasts, pounded flat and served with black beans and rice. He raved about the black beans and the jerk spice but we're "fireheads" and he would have liked for it to be more spicy. We understand why most restaurants won't serve very spicy food and that's OK but we would love to find a truly Jerk chicken or pork dinner somewhere, sometime without having to back to Jamaica!

We started the meal with the Island Coconut Shrimp with Barbados Rum Dipping Sauce and it was excellent! Nice, crispy shrimp and the sauce was a pineapple based sauce with not much rum taste to it - but it was delicious!

The service was fine and we will definitely go back!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Although we only had a Greek salad it was perfect. Waitress was super friendly and cool, she told us to come try more food ,all homemade. Sells boars head lunch meats and prepared tuna and chicken salads.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Just found this lovely gem of a Cafe / Resturant,had the best Omelette had for a long time,coffee good,lovely staff and prices very good,we are on Holiday from U.K but back in October with friends and will be using this Paradise a lot.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I heard they were under new management so thought we'd try it once again after being disappointed before. We had a $3 off coupon for breakfast. I had "stuffed" pancakes with bacon in the batter. They were good but I wouldn't rave about them. 2 scrambled eggs came with them. I guess you really can't mess up eggs. Nothing noteworthy though. My husband had their "homemade from scratch" corned beef hash with 2 eggs, potatoes and toast. He asked for his eggs "very over easy". When he got them, they were not even runny at all. He is the opposite of picky and always cleans his plate. He had food left and of course I noticed and joked that we should take a picture and post it on our review because he NEVER leaves food. I could see why he left what he did though. It was all burnt pieces of onion from the potatoes and burnt potatoes as well. About 1/3 of the potatoes served were burnt. Also the table wasn't really "clean" when we sat down and the ketchup container had dried ketchup on the lid and bottle and the creamers had food spilled on them and it was dried on. They need to pay more attention to details like that. Other reviewers seemed to like it. Maybe lunch is better. I doubt I'll return though.

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have eaten here twice. We have both times had great service and delicious food. Will definately go back again!