“busy but efficient”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Papa Joe's

Papa Joe's
Ranked #29 of 422 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cape Coral, Florida
“busy but efficient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We went there on a Saturday night and had to wait a very short time to get a table. Waitress was prompt. I had their prime rib special and was very satisfied with it and the price. Others had a pizza and Itlaian dishes and all were pleased. It is very small so it can be noisy. Looks like they do a great take put pizza business. Give them a try.

• Visited April 2013

Canal Winchester, OH
“Great -- and you better be hungry!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Have had the chance to dine here a few times while visiting family in the area. Every dish we've had has been spectacular. But, the Calzone is an absolute favorite of ours. It is huge though, easily feeds 2, maybe 3 or 4 (depending on how hungry you are, etc.) It's filled with so much delicious ricotta and your favorite toppings. Highly recommend a stop there. Oh, outdoor patio dining is always nice too!

• Visited February 2013
ft myers
“Great Value, Pizza and Pasta, Place to Unwind”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Always consistent, great pasta and pizza. Love the Papa Joe's Salad - don't be fooled the small is plenty to be shared. Baked pastas are a favorite.

Visited April 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Stop Reading This & Go to Papa Joe's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We ate at this place last year on Spring Break & did not want to miss it this year. In fact, we ate here twice this year! (We have not visited another restaurant even twice in three annual trips to the area.) Once six of us dined in & once we got carry out. We brave the horrific traffic on Sanibel & drive off of the island, in the afternoon no less, because it is so good.

When we dined in we were greeted immediately by a very busy hostess who quickly rearranged tables to accommodate our party of six on the lovely front porch/patio. Our server tended to us quickly & was delightful. In fact when I returned to pick up our carry out order a few nights later she recognized me & was very fun & friendly! When I could not remember the dish I liked so well last year she was sincerely interested & helpful in helping find the dish.

While dining in we started with the absolutely fabulous Stracciatella soup. I cannot say how much we love this soup, except even as I write this from back home I am thinking how much I would love to have some right now. Even one skeptic among us ("spinach!?") tried it & was won over! Of course their incredible triangle cut, garlicy, generously parmesan dusted bread got us started and then we moved onto baked spaghetti, chicken parmesan, fettuccine alfredo, Joe's salad & chicken Maria. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their food. The portions are perfect for taking a bit home to enjoy later & remember this excellent place at lunch the next day.

A few nights after we dined in we ordered their Sicilian pizza (it takes 40 mins to achieve this perfection, but it is really well worth the wait), a Brooklyn pizza, the incredible Stracciatella soup and fettuccine alfredo. I arrived and was immediately greeted & tended to so warmly by several of the very busy staff who were moving about quickly. Their communication with one another is just amazing - I think each of them knew about the order! They let me know the 40 min pizza had a few more minutes, so I enjoyed their wall of pictures while waiting when I noticed an award from Trip Advisor proudly posted. I was astounded to see the award only had 4 stars (very good). I sincerely cannot imagine what on earth would have prevented them from reaching the 5 star (excellent) rating. Maybe someone who hates Italian food? I can't guess!

The Sicilian (deep dish) pizza was amazing. Really amazing. I do not like pizza & I like this pizza. The six of us ate every last scrap. I mean, really: every. last. scrap. In addition to the Sicilian I had ordered a sausage Brooklyn pizza, but instead we received one with tomatoes, spices & cheese only. Initially we were disappointed until we tasted it & found it absolutely delicious! What a happy mistake! We would never have ordered this, but are completely won over! (Maybe the people who received our sausage pizza were equally happy.) The fettuccine alfredo was perfect again. The bread described above was simultaneously crisp & soft...just heavenly! And the soup...oh...the wonderful soup I am still dreaming of! It is heaven in a bowl, that Stracciatella!

This place is delightful: the lighting is perfect, it is cozy & inviting. The food is deliciously prepared using fresh, high quality ingredients, the staff are friendly, extremely hard working & earnest professional people who know how to make you feel welcome and feed you well.

Are you anywhere near Cape Coral? What in the world are you doing reading this when you could be at Papa Joe's enjoying the incredible food & staff? :)

• Visited April 2013
Punta Gorda, Florida
“2nd Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We visited with friends and food was still outstanding. I had rolled spinach lasagna. Someone had spaghetti & meatballs. Both came with salad and bread. Salads were very good. Too much food for one sitting. Had enough for second meal and it still tasted great. Nice wine selection. You can taste test.
They do not serve desserts.

• Visited March 2013