“over prized restaurant”

Marker 92 Waterfront Bar & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Marker 92 Waterfront Bar & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 437 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pelican Blvd. & Rose Garden Rd.
Description: Treat your taste buds to fine steaks and fresh seafood with gorgeous waterfront views of the Caloosahatchee River and Tarpon Point Marina. Dine indoors or sit on the patio and savor your favorite dish al fresco. Marker 92 Waterfront Bar & Bistro offers simply-prepared fresh fish, premium steaks, an impressive wine selection and handcrafted cocktails. Our waterfront-casual atmosphere suits any occasion, with seamless service with an imaginative taste of paradise.
Reviewed December 25, 2013

The location is very nice with friendly staff. The manual is a bit limited for breakfast as well as for lunch and dinners with small potions which are absolutely over prized.
The quality of the food is good.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Recently visited the Westin Cape Coral at Marina Village and was very impressed with the front desk staff (especially AnnaMarie) ! We were here for a week so we ate at the restaurant at least twice a day. The breakfast was ok, took a long time to get our food and the place only had a few tables. Our waitress seemed like she was in a bad mood. Ate at the outside bar Nauti mermaid a few times and lunch was definitely better than breakfast ! we were very impressed with a server, Jackie, here. The entire week we stayed at the hotel we witnessed her go from hostess, to server, and even pool service, very friendly, asked us how our stay was, where we were from, wished us a safe trip home, invited us back, even told us a little about her background and future goals. I loved this. She made us feel as if we were friends/family. Addressed us by name anytime she saw us. That was greatly appreciated. Her service was awesome, and though at one point she had several tables, serving by the pool as well, she never forgot to stop by and make sure we were satisfied and happy, as she did with all her guests. Her smile and service and friendliness will take her far in hospitality. My family will be requesting her on our next trip to the Cape Coral Westin.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My family and I have been dining regularly at Marker 92 since it first opened several years ago. It was our favorite restaurant in the area. We enjoyed the combination of great raw bar, sushi, fresh fish, a varied menu and all at consistently very good to great quaility. We were quite disappointed in our experience this past weekend (our last visit was in April as we are only here in the fall/winter/spring seasons). The menu selection was quite reduced... sushi, stone crabs, 3 catch of the day selections, were all gone from the menu. The quality of the food has gone downhill as well. The King Crab legs had a foul taste (3 of us noticed this separately), the Macadamia and Almond Crusted Grouper (usually a favorite of ours) was bone dry and bland. The Rich Tomato Soup (with Greek Yogurt) had small chucks of the yogurt throughout the soup. The shrimp that was part of the raw bar sampler we ordered, were much smaller than in the past. Why the reason for such a decline in this restaurant? I can only guess that The Westin (which bought this hotel a year or so ago) must be taking a more active role in the management of the restaurant. On top of all this, the prices have gone up across the board including an up charge on my martini (I've never seen this before). Don't get me wrong... I would happily pay the higher prices if they restored the quality of their food and breadth of their menu.

To be fair... the Churrasco Frites (a marinated skirt steak) was very good. As was the chocolate moose dessert. The service was very good. It does seem like the staff is similarly frustrated with the changes to the restaurant and the menu.

2  Thank CapeFamily2013
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Unexpectedly good!!! After reading the negative reviews, we decided to skip it and go to the other restaurant at the marina, but that was closed (Thanksgiving!) so we had no choice - being guests at the Westin Cape Coral, unless you want to do a bit of driving (which we didn't), there was no other option (the Nauti Mermaid was also closed last night). We were greeted in a somewhat haphazard way - probably because they were just breaking down the Thanksgiving Buffet area and it did seem a little bit disorganized. However, once in the dining area, we thought how attractive and nicely designed the area was. It was way too cold to sit outside (typical Thanksgiving freeze) and were given a table by the window.
Our server, Lee, explained to us that things were a little backed up in the kitchen, after a very hectic day, so it might take a little longer to get everything - which was fine by us. We were just glad he'd told us that - so often we've been left at a restaurant table, ignored, having to wait for service for ages with no explanation (I really hate that!) - so we said to Lee it was no problem, we were in no rush. Just glad of the communication.

The beer selection is pretty sad - and the menu does seem fairly limited but we actually prefer that - I'd much rather have a limited menu of items that are well executed than a huge menu of food dishes that are average or below average - so we were actually pleased to see that the menu was somewhat small, but well laid out and it covered a wide variety of items, even though it was limited.

Although I wasn't overly hungry, I dived into the WONDERFUL hot bread and cold butter (excellent - much better than most restaurants) - and we ordered the almond crusted grouper and a side order of market vegetables (my husband and I were going to share this). I requested that the coconut risotto cake be exchanged with chived mashed potatoes (Lee said no problem). He was so charming and helpful, that when he brought my husband's gin and tonic and apologized again for the delay, he also brought an appetizer of chilled shrimp with cocktail sauce - just to say thank you for our patience. It was such a nice touch! The shrimp were WONDERFUL I must say.

When the grouper arrived - I have two negative comments to make. The portion of mashed potato was so small, I think it was literally a dessert spoon of the wonderful stuff - barely enough for a good mouthful each - but what we did have was very good. It also lacked a little sauce - so it was a tad on the dry side, but the sauce that was on the plate was superb. Having made these negative comments, I MUST give the restaurant kudos for bringing us a spare plate that was actually hot - most restaurants, even the most expensive ones, will bring you a spare plate that's just cold - it is a sign of a classy establishment that will heat all the plates so the food stays hot longer. It so rarely happens that I jump up and down when it does. The almond crusted grouper was outstanding! Truly superb - cooked to perfection, delicious - and the market veggies were also very nicely done. Lee brought us a few extra vegetables, which was appreciated (I wish I'd asked for some more mashed potato in retrospect, but oh well) - and when he came to clear our table, I think he smiled when he saw how spotlessly clean our plates were - there wasn't a drop or a crumb of anything left - we had SO enjoyed the dish!!!

Lee was charming, helpful, efficient - apologetic that the kitchen was backed up a little - but we understand - Thanksgiving can run the kitchen ragged, and most of the staff had been on duty for more than 12 hours - so we understood completely and really REALLY appreciated that he explained it and had given us these little extras. We absolutely LOVED our experience there - it exceeded our expectations - the grouper was outstanding - service was excellent too, although the food did take a while to come out - but we had a wonderful, wonderful time.

I would definitely dine here again if I was in the area. The restaurant itself is very nicely designed, on a warm night it would be magic sitting outside - just be aware that the menu is not vast, but I imagine every dish is superbly executed. It's not all that cheap, but it's quality.

Lee - thank you - and we will be back!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

The family and I decided to do a little stay-cation in Cape Coral Florida. Since I stay at the Westin Cape Coral for business, we decided to stay there. The Marker 92 is an awesome restaurant located at the Westin. It has great food and a beautiful waterfront view. It is simply breathtaking. You are surrounded by nature and water...with birds chriping in the background. So be sure to ask for a table on the patio. It can be a little windy but the view is worth it. Ask for Amelia who is just the most delightful server. The Marker 92 salad is a favorite. Additionally, the seafood chowder is bursting with flavor!

Lisa C.