“Disappointed! Hope they improve”

Marker 92 Waterfront Bar & Bistro
Ranked #47 of 426 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pelican Blvd. & Rose Garden Rd.
Description: Treat your taste buds to fine steaks and fresh seafood with gorgeous waterfront views of the Caloosahatchee River and Tarpon Point Marina. Dine indoors or sit on the patio and savor your favorite dish al fresco. Marker 92 Waterfront Bar & Bistro offers simply-prepared fresh fish, premium steaks, an impressive wine selection and handcrafted cocktails. Our waterfront-casual atmosphere suits any occasion, with seamless service with an imaginative taste of paradise.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We spend our winters here in Cape Coral and were excited to hear a new restaurant opened at Tarpon Point. Yesterday I took a guest who was visiting us from NJ for lunch around 1:30 p.m. The restaurant was empty but it was a lovely day so the patio was about 1/2 full. The waiter was gracious and very helpful. Things look good for a nice lunch. We ordered the $13 grouper sandwiches and ice tea. My guest ordered hers without cheese (mentioned on the menu). We waited and waited and the waiter came two times to apologies for the wait. A half hour later our sandwiches arrived. My friend’s sandwich came with the cheese and my sandwich’s edge was icy (must have been waiting next to something frozen). The waiter offered to take both sandwiches back but after a ½ hour wait we decided to just keep the sandwiches. The waiter was disappointed but we told him it was not his fault. After I tested my sandwich with a finger inside and it was warm so I cut off the frozen section and ate the rest which was delicious. But for $42 I would not bring my guests back to this lovely setting and pretty restaurant. I was disappointed and embarrassed. My husband and I will give it another try when we return next season, but I will not bring my friends there or recommend this restaurant. As a matter of fact, my neighbors all asked how it was and we told them or saga.

There are newer reviews for Marker 92 Waterfront Bar & Bistro

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Had lunch today at Marker 92 Waterfront Bar & Bistro. Loved the atmosphere, outside sitting, clean and great service. Food was mediocre and expensive for lunch. Four people $75.00 and that included only two ice teas with meal. I had lunch special, five shrimp, grilled. Also black/white rice, pineapple salsa and asparagus. Shrimp was so tough and tasteless. Same for rice and asparagus. Pineapple salsa was good. Two diners had burgers, nothing really exciting. Frozen fries and limp salad. One diner had grouper sandwich, which was overcooked and served with melted american cheese. He said the toasted brioche was the best part.

Server was so nice and helpful. We had infant and she was friendly and interacted with infant. Attentive.

Just disappointed. Also railing/wall blocked the water view. Not much fun to sit and look at concrete wall.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We live in the Cape and want desperately for this restaurant to succeed. We've tried Marker 92 for dinner 4 times now, and the Naughty Mermaid outdoor bar for lunch 3 times. EVERY TIME has been a disappointment. We hoped the new Westin management would provide some service, but no luck. This evening, we waited for our server for almost 15 minutes. Then we waited 15 minutes for our drinks. The manager brought them, as our server was no where to be found. When we wanted a second round, we had to flag a bus boy and ask him to bring our server. The chicken was terribly overcooked; the tuna was over salted, and the sushi fell apart. Terrible. We finally give up!

1  Thank djm2013
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Lousy service. Lousy service. Lousy service.
The place was nearly empty and I could not get waited at all. Staff would walk right by my table.
So we moved to the Bar. NOT any better!!!
There are much better places to go.

MP_CapeCoral, Manager at Marker 92 Waterfront Bar & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Cape C0ralL0ver,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent dining experience. I want to assure you that we are addressing service opportunities with our staff and currently completing a series of Service Culture training sessions to assure that each and every guests feels welcomed, special and well taken care of.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

The Management Team at Marker 92

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Marker 92 is located in a waterfront complex in Cape Coral. The buildings and view are excellent. Recently the complex changed hands and it is now a Westin Resort. A group of three of us decided to give it a try now that Westin took over since it had gone somewhat downhill in the last year or so prior. We went there on a Wednesday evening and were told there was a two and a half hour wait. Wow, it sure became popular again quickly! Instead of waiting we made reservations for the following night with the hostess.
The next evening we went back and lo and behold they could not find our reservation. Fortunately the place was not crowded and the hostess did remember us from the prior evening and we got a table. I would have expected that Westin would have the reservation thing down, however, so time for better technology or training here. Better confirm your reservation the day of, or better yet use OpenTable, an online system that has never let me down.
The service was friendly and efficient. The food was very tasty, but the prices were very high for the portions you receive, and salads are a la carte. I spent $29.00 for a very small piece of grouper (maybe 4-5 ounces), 4 pieces of asparagus, and some fancy rice. The tenderloin tips were $32.00, very tasty, but maybe 4-5 ounces of meat total. The rolls were three small round things that tasted day old at best. We did notice that a another later table near us got some nice looking sliced bread.....maybe they have to use the previous days bread up first. The drinks and wine seemed to be somewhat fairly priced for an expensive restaurant, although the dirty martinis had an unwanted sweetness to them.
This restaurant is located close to where we live in Cape Coral, so we hope that it becomes very successful. To do that, it needs to have a balance of price vs quality vs quantity that it just does not seem to have yet. We will try it again in another 6 months and maybe they will have figured it out by then

2  Thank biminiguy

Dear biminiguy,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent dining experience with us at Marker 92.

Since Westin has taken over the management of the resort we are working on many different elements to bring the resort and restaurant up to the standards that not only a Westin guest is accustomed to, but also provide every guest (resort or restaurant) a positive, unforgettable experience. We started by updating our breakfast menus with SuperFoods, providing food pairings that create more food synergy and increase their nutritional value. At this time we have not made any updates to our lunch and dinner menus, however this is on the horizon in the coming months.

I look forward to your return visit in the next few months and feel confident we will be able to provide you with a positive experience that will leave you coming back for more.

Be Well,