“I'd stay there again!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
Girard Ohio
“I'd stay there again!”
Reviewed May 29, 2010

My husband, mother, and I just returned form this resort. The resort is a little out of the way, but we enjoyed being off the commercial areas of SW Florida. We had a 2BR suite with a view of Sanibel and the marina. I hated to leave the "view" behind. There were a couple of down sides. The noise at night from the bar and pool made it hard to get to sleep (I am a light sleeper). I'd ask for the East wing next time. The pool area could've been kept up better. There were used towels, trash, and glasses here and there from guests who were just plain pigs and the trash etc was stil there in the AM. A new "towel" policy was established today to eliminate guests escaping with the towels. Lastly, if you have children, the only thing there for them is the pool. I really believe this is more of an adult resort. We had no problems with the AC like the other guest. The system worked fine. All in all, we had a positive experience.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 29, 2010

Found this resort through my family's vacation plan and got a great deal for the week. The pictures on the website were exactly what we saw when we checked in. The hotel was beautiful and our room, a 1 bedroom suite, was just what we expected after seeing the pictures. A full kitchen with granite, SS appliances (full size) and a king size bed with walk in closet, 2 vanites and large shower. The balcony was screened in and had a sitting area as well as a table to eat at. The room had everything we needed for a weeks stay. All the staff members we saw were friendly and polite. The downside of this resort is the pool. It's such a large resort and the pool is so tiny. The sun deck was crowded which made it hard to relax. Also, there is no beach area at this resort so we drove to either Fort Myers Beach or Sanibel to enjoy the ocean and sand. Overall - everything was great and we would definitely go back. To comment on the air conditioning, you need to put your key in the slot on the wall which will then allow you to operate the AC unit. We had no issues with anything in the unit. Book today and enjoy!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chicagoppl0912
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed May 29, 2010

The rooms are beautiful...we stayed in a 2BR/2BA condo. The staff is cordial and helpful. The grounds are immaculate. We enjoyed lunch in the restaurant (Marker 92).

Oakville Ontario Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2010

I had the great pleasure of staying at this resort May 01-May 10 2010. I was in shock when I first drove in tothis wonderful gated resort, and the front desk staff greeted me by name.
Each and every day was a real pleasure and there was just so much to see and do. It was indeed a 5 star resort in my opinion, and I had been in the travel industry for 18 years. Always first class service with a smile and the food was amazing. Great times at the Naughty Mermaid bar and everything was within driving or walking distance. I took advantage of my small kitchenette and went to Publix and had a few late night snacks in my room. Their business centre is top class and you can keep current and not even worry about security on their internet. Palatial is one word that comes to mind. The best well kept secret in resorts by far. Going back again in July for the parrot festival and you just might want to check out ownership with the prices being soooo right for Canadians to buy. Met some folks from Montreal and Ottawa who were doing just that. Also took the catamaran from Ft. Myers (just over the bridge) to Key West..what a blast.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LoraC062
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Drove from Pittsburgh straight through and stayed at Marina Village. Very nicely appointed rooms, fresh and clean. Still smells like new construction. Nice little harbour and great facilities. My only main complaint was the air conditioning. They have some kind of Al Gore inspired device that shuts off the air if you are not in the room and have another device that only lets you set the air as low as 70 degrees. The room was hot and wouldn't really cool down because I couldn't set the air low enough. I went from frost in Pittsburgh to 100 degress in Cape Coral; 70 degrees in the room wasn't cutting it. I'd like to decide for myself what temp to set the room at; I'm paying for it. Plus some bogus $15 dollar per night charge "resort fee" on top of my room chrge, come on.. just add it to the base cost of the room. Other than those two really annoying issues the place is great.

2 Thank MarkD15668
Milwaukee WI
Reviewed April 27, 2010

What a jewel. Beautiful new property. Lovely view. Super staff, valet parker Cornell was one of the nicest guys ever.
Restaurant staff was a little slow-nice but long waits for first approach, drink orders, order taking and coming back to check on food.
But great hotel

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Holmdel, New Jersey
Reviewed April 16, 2010

Everything were pretty well said by previous comments. My room was a studio room , however they installed a second door in the foyer area. Therefore, it feel like a one bed room. The second door also block out noise from the outside. The patio door to the balcony was also solid sound proof, we really got some good nights of sleep. My only advise is if you want to take the hotel complimentary ferry to Ft. Myers beach during the high season, call the hotel before the arrival date and book it ( The scheduled ferry was sold out during my Easter holidays). Because the traffic to both Ft. Myers beach and Sanibal island can be brutal after 10 am.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
#17 of 19 in Sanibel Island
Dolphin Key Resort
Dolphin Key Resort
#4 of 6 in Cape Coral

Been to The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village? Share your experiences!