“wonderful vacation”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
boston
“wonderful vacation”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Arrived on 6-5-14 for three nights. The room and balcony couldn't have been better. We faced the canals and the view was spectacular. My husband and I rode the bikes at the hotel, took the sunset dolphin cruise with Captain John and his son, took the water taxi to Fort Myers with a husband and wife team and had a good time. The service was top rate. We ate in the hotel at Mark 92 several times; the food was fabulous and our server Amelia could not have been more helpful and pleasant. She made our stay quite enjoyable. I also have to thank Lee who waited on us in the evening--terrific service. We would go back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sharonleeBoston
SE_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear sharonleeBoston,
It is wonderful to hear you had a fantastic vacation with us. We are happy you enjoyed your private screen-in balcony and waterfront views from your room. It’s great to learn you got to explore the area and hop on our complimentary bicycles and water taxi to Fort Myers Beach. We truly appreciate your compliments on our resort, restaurants, and associates. I will be sure to share your praises with the team. We hope to welcome you back again soon for another excellent stay.

Be well,
Eric Ashton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Polish first
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed June 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this Magnificent Resort for the second week of our honeymoon. Let me tell you that the staff gives new meaning to the phrase "Southern Hospitality". We are so glad that we did not put much faith in the reviews of others and decided to try it for ourselves! Check in was a breeze, the reception was warm and heartfelt. Upon arrival in our suite we were discovered a greeting card which had been signed by the entire staff wishing us a happy honeymoon and best wishes for our lives together. Shortly afterwards there came a knock at the door and there stood an kind young man with a bottle of fine champagne compliments of the resort along with 2 champagne flutes to enjoy the gift. The views from our 12th floor suite were breathtaking, we could see the vast Mangroves, the river and bay, and in the distance you could see the nearby resorts in Ft. Myers. The entire resort was very clean and user friendly. There are restaurants and boutique shopping to enjoy within walking distance from your suite. There is a free water taxi each day to Ft Myers beach, and the other barrier islands are a short drive if that is what you wish to do. We can not say enough about this wonderful resort and we will be sure to visit them again many times in the future because they went above and beyond to ensure that our stay was FLAWLESS!

Robert & Sarah Young
Virginia USA

2 Thank rcly72
SE_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear rcly72,

It is a pleasure to read your review about our resort. I am thrilled to learn your honeymoon vacation with us was enjoyable and you got to experience true southern hospitality. We strive to provide all of our guests with a great experience and it’s wonderful to hear your special occasion with just that. We hope to welcome you back to our resort for more special occasions in the future.

Be Well,
AIRMONT, NY
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Arrived 6/5/14, the lobby is beautiful, pool quite, clean and warm salt water. Restaurant on site Market 92 delicious heathy options. Had the egg white omelette with spinach and my husband had the turkey egg white omelette both were tasty and satisfying.
Our room is a one bedroom suite. Very much like a timeshare room with a full kitchen, dining room and living room. Clean and beautiful with an oversized balcony and a view if the inlets. The resort is situated at a marina, so there isn't a beach but, the resort offers a free shuttle to fort Meyers beach. Great resort this gets an A in my book.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear HAPPYTRAVELING45,

I am delighted you found our resort to be a beautiful place. Thank you for your review of the resort, pools, and your dining experiences in our restaurants. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Be well, Eric Ashton General Manager
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I just spent the last 2 nights in this hotel/condominium. I had a one bedroom. It was fantastic. the location is excellent. The staff was great. The scenery was perfect. I would definitely go back again.
We went to Sanibel island- about 25 minutes away- great place to swim and get shells. We went to Ft Myers, which was pretty cool. Overall a very nice vacation for me and my wife.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Txcommonsense
Dear Txcommensense,

It is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed staying at The Westin Cape Coral. Thank you for also mentioning our great staff. We hope to welcome you and your wife back again soon.

Be Well, Eric Ashton General Manager
Middletown
Reviewed June 2, 2014

First time we stayed here. We have NO complaints. Resort was clean, food we had there was good. Location was good, located away from the tourist traps. Enjoyed walking through the marina. Highly recommend it.

Dear SamMiddletown,

I am very delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us and hope that you will join us again sometime in the near future... we'd love to have you!

Be Well, Eric Ashton General Manager
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was a very nicely decorated resort. It was calming, modern, stylish, overall just very pleasing to the eye. This, however, was a very expensive resort and I am not sure it was worth the money. My husband and I had just traveled for four hours after working all day at our jobs and all we wanted was to go to sleep. At 2:37 AM the smoke alarm batteries died and it started beeping. While, I understand this is not their fault, when I told them they said, "oh sorry, we'll send someone up." They didn't offer us anything for the inconvenience of being awoken at 2:37 AM. While we was there, the hotel was fairly empty, deserted even, yet the resort put us in a room directly next to the elevator so loud people woke us up constantly. Not sure I understood the logic there. I had the pleasure of being kept awake for an additional hour after the smoke alarm went off because loud drunk people were coming off the elevator. The view from our room was spectacular, but, I would have preferred not listening to drunk people ramble off and on of the elevator all night long. The third obnoxious thing that happened while we were there, was when my husband tried to iron his white button down for the funeral we were attending that day and the iron spit rusty water onto his shirt, ruining it. Again, nothing was offered for our trouble (they offered to have it dry cleaned but we were leaving the next day and wouldn't have been able to get it back in time).
This hotel is also not very centrally located. It is a bit of a drive from the main area of Cape Coral.
Now I know these are all random things that happened but it soured my experience, mostly because of the way the hotel handled the issues. I really don't think this hotel is worth the price. This was a very pricey hotel, especially for the area. My family and I wanted to stay somewhere nice because of the circumstances we were traveling under but I don't really see why this hotel was as pricey as it was. Next time I will save $60 a day and stay at the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jvalliant
SE_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Jvalliant,

Thank you for your review of our resort. One of the great features of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future. I am very sorry to hear the batteries died in the fire alarm as well as the disruption in the hallways kept you from having a restful night’s sleep. Thank you again for your comments. I hope you will give us the opportunity to be of service to you in the near future and provide you with the great hotel experience that our guests have grown so fond of.

Be Well,
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Rooms are very nice as is the decor in the entrance.

Laura on reception was not at all friendly.

Susan on concierge was very friendly and gave us great recommendations on restaurants.

Breakfast is only ordering from the menu, no buffet. We were not impressed at all with breakfast, would much prefer a buffet style.

Pool was full of noisy bad mannered kids.

You have to pay the resort fees but you do not get much for that. Use of bikes is free, but we did not find a great deal of places to cycle too even though we enjoy biking. You get free use of tennis and there is a free boat ride to a beach. In my view they should just have it in the room rate rather than showing a lower room rate and having this compulsory add on.

Our view was nice place but with not much to do.

Dear AandM5864,

I am delighted to hear you found our rooms and views from the resort to be very nice. Thank you for providing us with great suggestions regarding the resort fee and breakfast buffet as we will certainly review these items when making future improvements. We always want to ensure our guests are having a fulfilling experience during their time at our resort and providing us with this information is very beneficial. To clarify on the resort fee, it does include many amenities such as High Speed Internet Access in Guest Rooms, Wi-Fi in Lobby, Daily Newspaper, Local and Toll-free Telephone Calls, 24-hour WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio, 24-hour Business Center, Water Taxi to Ft. Myers Beach, Tennis Courts, Horseshoe pits, bocce ball, Bike Rentals, Covered Self-Parking, and Access to two Laguna-styled pools and one Lap pool (plus pool towels). The two additional pools that you may have not experienced are located in the Social Pavilion. Thank you again for your sharing your stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Be well, Eric Ashton General Manager
#17 of 19 in Sanibel Island
Dolphin Key Resort
Dolphin Key Resort
#5 of 6 in Cape Coral

Been to The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village? Share your experiences!