The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
View Hotel
Dolphin Key Resort(Cape Coral)
  • Pool
1,655 results
All reviewsbedroom suitewater taxinauti mermaidfull kitchenmain poolmarker restauranttennis courtsanna mariescreened balconyboat rideparking garagestainless steel appliancesoutdoor barft myers beachrental carbeautiful propertywasher dryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Our six-night vacation did not begin propitiously. I booked a one-room suite for me, my husband, and my two teenagers. When we were all unpacked and settled, I pulled the cushions off the couch and realized it wasn't a fold-out. That was a bad moment, and the front desk was totally harrassed because it was spring break and they had no cots. It was hard not to feel upset--where did they THINK my kids would be sleeping--all four in one bed? They said the reservations person should never have booked that room for us.
But then it worked out. They drummed up a cot for one of the kids and the other slept on the couch the first night. And then the next day they upgraded us to a beautiful two-room suite. Thanks to Remy and James at the front desk for their help, and also to the nice blond woman whose name I'm afraid I missed.
Once we were settled into the new room, the hotel was wonderful. One slight downside is that you can really get caught in traffic driving off the cape to get to a restaurant or beach, but that's not the hotel's fault. Also--look for the second pool, which is a short walk down the drive from the main hotel property. Much less crowded.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Swills9283
SE_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Swills9283,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us. It sounds as though you and your family really enjoyed yourselves. I am sorry to hear the wrong room type was originally booked, however thrilled to learn we were able to accommodate a bigger room on the following night. Thank you for mentioning some of our associates who made an impression during your stay. I will be sure to share your praises with them. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to our resort in the near future.

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

The Westin in Cape Coral is fantastic property. The rooms and suites are very roomy and comfortable. We have stayed in a one bedroom suite that had full kitchen, huge living space, bedroom and bathroom. The room also had washer and dryer. Great place to stay with kids. Our suite had lovely balcony overlooking river.
The staff at this hotel is amazing.
The area around hotel is very residential but there is enough to do in property.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank TheBeast667

Dear TheBeast667,

Thank you for your review of our resort. Our property is the perfect place for the whole family to enjoy and we are thrilled to hear you had a great time. I hope you had the opportunity to enjoy some of the wonderful daily amenities offered to our guests, especially the Westin Kids Club which is perfect for our younger traveler’s age 4 to 12. Again, thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. .

Reviewed April 16, 2014

My wife and I had flown to south Florida for a friend's wedding in Palm Beach. Air fare was much cheaper into Ft Myers rather than Ft Lauderdale, so we decided to book the Westin Cape Coral Resort on points when we got in our first afternoon, and drive over the next day. Loved this place so much we extended our stay by one night here, and drove to Palm Beach on the afternoon of the wedding. Each of the rooms are one bedroom with living room and full kitchen, identical to a Westin timeshare! High end furniture, finishings, and lots of space. The staff, especially Anna Marie, who checked us in, were superb and very friendly. Room service was excellent (breakfast on the patio), bikes available for free to ride around the area, great family pool, and outstanding fitness room. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: All the rooms have a water view!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TMiller150

Dear TMiller150,

We are grateful for your review as we work hard each and every day to make sure our guests have a memorable experience. Thank you for sharing how much you enjoyed our facility and associates. It is such a pleasure to read you extended your stay because of how much you were enjoying your time with us. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you back at our resort for another wonderful stay very soon!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have always had a great stay at Westins and Cape Coral did NOT disappoint once again. We had a 2 bed, 2 bath with kitchen and truly felt like a condo I would purchase. Nice selection of finishes and furnishings decorated the space. The staff was very nice and helpful.

Thanks Westin!

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Nancy2433
SE_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Nancy2433,

It sounds as though you really enjoyed yourself at our resort. Thank you for being a continued guest of Starwood Hotels. I am happy you enjoyed your suite and our staff was friendly and helpful during your stay. I look forward to have you as a guest again in the near future!

Be well, Eric Ashton General Manager

Reviewed April 11, 2014

First the good:
- killer views from your balcony onto the mangroves, stayed in a spacious 2BR/2 bath unit with big balcony on 13 th floor.
- Nicely decorated unit, very spacious, dryer/washer etc, full kitchen, big bathroom - more a typical FL apartment style than the usual Westin character ( Westin acquired the property 15 mths ago)
- tastefully decorated lobby, state-of-the-art gym

Con:
- room access from outdoor floors ( motel style)
- dirty, very superficial cleaning - restricted to doing beds/ towel service. Our feet were constantly black even after a shower. One day, my husband stayed in the room and noticed the cleaner spending about 10 min only
- pool and bars and restaurants right at the bottom of the hotel with ppl chatting until late at night, kids screaming in the pool and music playing until 11 pm
- really out of the way in a residential area in the middle of nowhere... About 1-1.5hr realistic drive to fort Myers beach, Sanibel or any other beach close by due to traffic
- wifi and cell coverage nightmare ..during our 3 days stay I never managed to access the Internet on my computer, or iPad and ver limited in iPhone ( poor cell coverage with constant dropped calls)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Travel2Adventure
SE_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Travel2Adventure,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your spacious suite and the gorgeous views from the in-room balcony. Thank you for also mentioning areas where we can improve our future service and offerings as this information is a great means for us to understand our guest needs. I would like to note that the music playing near the pool and The Nauti Mermaid Restaurant does end by or before 10pm to ensure we are not disrupting any of our guests. I am terribly sorry if this was a distraction during your stay. During certain times of the year, getting to some of our local beaches can be a bit longer of a drive than one might expect. However, to make visiting our beach easier and more fun, we offer our guests a complimentary water taxi to Fort Myers Beach so you can relax and enjoy the true Southwest Florida vacation by boat! A great place to also experience some of our areas great wildlife. Again, thank you for your feedback. We hope you have another opportunity to stay with us in the future.

Be well, Eric Ashton General Manager