“A MUST READ REVIEW: WESTIN MADE IT OVER THE TOP... 5/5”

The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
Sebring, Florida
“A MUST READ REVIEW: WESTIN MADE IT OVER THE TOP... 5/5”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Our thanks to all the staff and management at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village for the best stay we have been on in Florida..Sept 4th to Sept 6th..We booked thru TRAVELZOO.COM as we have many times before..We have never been disappointed with Travelzoo..Our booking for two nights was $89.00 plus the $15 .00 resort fee.plus tax.per night..The Westin is 5 star across the board..
We were greeted by Rachael whom is totally friendly and professional..Within minutes we had our room keys..The valet, bellman ,Rob, also professional and friendly brought our bags from our car to the room..Knowing of the suite upgrade from Travelzoo could not prepare us for the Fabulous surprises we encountered a we explored our new home for night..This is a must stay at resort..It included a full kitchen, dining and livingroom complete..Then a king bedroom with another flat screen, and attached walk in closet.The bath was awesome, 2 seperate sinks .large modern shower with a rain fall shower head and built in seat..Then the balcony from our #916 was awesome with a view east and south..We had a corner room.
The package came with a complementary cocktail at their "Marker 92" Restaurant..Kris our bartender was perfect. He antisapated our needs and after 2 drinks at $4.00 each,happy our 4-7 prices, we decided to order from the bar menu..We did view the Restaurant menus and they are pricey.A ribeye would be $40.00..in the restaurant..We ordered great bar burgers,$14.00 from the bar menu..Very good and cooked over a oak wood grill..
In the morning we had booked the complementary water taxi to Fort Myers Beach..This was included for Westin Guests.You need to book your taxi when you check in and if you cancel that morning there is a $15.00 charge..We had a Super deli Ruben,$11.00. at Nervous Nellies that we split..IT WAS GIANT .Capt. Harvey and Capt Candy gave a great ride with narration the entire way. The water taxi leaves Westin at 10am and returns at 2pm from Ft Myers, a 45 min ride..After our return we rested until 4pm and returned to "Marker 92" and had another good happy hour and flatbread pizza..dinner.Housekeeping knocked at our room at 3:45pm and ask if we wanted service, but we were fine.
That evening we had our own cocktails and wine on the balcony..
Checked out at 11am and "Dave" our valet moved our bags and stuff to the car..EVERYTHING WORKED OUT PERFECT! I got my receipt from Cheryl at the desk and we were gone..

Room Tip: The pillows are so plush ( Large) you may want to bring your pillow from home..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BILL L
SE_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear BILL L,

As a General Manager, it is always nice to read comments like the one you shared. It is fantastic to see that we have become one of your favorite hotels to visit. I will share your comments with all of the departments you mentioned as they will appreciate your kind words. Thank you again. I hope to see you back with us on your next trip to Southwest Florida.

Be well, Eric Ashton General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
  • Polish first
Bartow
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The pool here is WAY too small for the size of the resort. We could never find an empty seat and it was very crowded. The room was nice and comfortable but the balcony is screened in and the screen is inside the railing..so you cant lean over to take in what every your view might be. If you elect to take the "green" option (no maid service) be careful. That means you don't get ANY coffee, for your second morning either... a big deal for us!
Resort is far away from any restaurants except theirs and it is of course not inexpensive to eat there. Great to have a noon checkout time...loved the extra hour or two

Room Tip: If you don't pay extra you wont get a sunset view room...we were lead to believe that's what...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank redhot0703
Dear redhot0703,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our resort. We are happy to hear our suites were comfortable and you enjoyed the advantage of a late check-out. Next time you visit, be sure to check out the two additional pools we have available for our guests over at the recreation center, where we also have tennis courts, bocce ball, horseshoes, a walking trail and more!

Western Galilee
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Perfect spot for a relaxing vacation. Excellent restaurant on-site and the rooms/suites are very spacious and fully loaded with all the equipment needed ( including Starbucks ground coffee! ). Must mention the gracious Taylor at the reception who couldn't have done more to make sure we were always comfortable. So much to do and see in Cape Coral and this Westin property is the perfect setting for a great experience.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Galila
Dear Galila,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear you had a relaxing and enjoyable vacation at our resort as well as had the opportunity to explore the local surrounding area. I will certainly share your praises with Taylor and her supervisor. I hope you will join us again sometime in the near future.

Ontario
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at the Westin for a total of 3 weeks, 1 week in June, July and August. Each time I found the service to be excellent, it is obvious that this is a priority for management. The view was spectacular and the sunrises magnificent. The only suggestion I have is to put a pot of coffee in the lobby for guests who leave for work before the dining room opens.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Pat155
SE_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Pat155,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your three most recent stays with us. I am delighted to hear your visits at our resort were enjoyable and all pleasant ones. I hope you were able to take advantage of our thoughtful extras in your suite with the coffee maker and daily complimentary Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I first visited this property on business, but then returned to celebrate my wife and I's birthdays. While off the beaten path, this resort is exactly what the doctor ordered. It is quiet, the staff is friendly, and the quality of the facilities is top notch. I'm sure the prices may vary, but they have been spot on the past two visits. This is truly one of the best resorts I have stayed at during my travels. I will also call out the front desk...Taylor remembered me from my precious trip...what a great quality to make people feel at home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jason R
Dear Jason R,

I am delighted to hear you had a wonderful experience during your business travel that you decided to come back with your wife and truly enjoy our facilities on another level. I am also happy to hear one of our team members made a lasting impression during your stay. I will be sure to pass along your praises to Taylor and her Supervisor.

Be Well,
Eric Ashton General Manager
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Largest rooms I have ever experienced in my travels, and that includes four continents! Marble,granite, you name it, and 2200 sq ft to boot! All for the price of what I have paid for a four star hotel in any other metro area for the night! Now, the cons. Yes, there had to be a downside right.? Valet parking was extreme, but they did allow you to self park for free so I was okay with that. The baby ran out of milk I believe the third night there so we ran down to purchase rather than go to the store that evening. $6.50 for pint of milk. Let me remind you that this is two cups, yes, I said a pint. Also, advertises more like a Gulf front property, it is not. It is on an inner bay, which then connects around the bend to the Gulf. Bottom line, no beachfront view. It is a pretty, rather calming view, but definetely no beach! Just to note, I live on the Gulf of Mexico, and we found the most amazing shelling areas on the planet within a thirty minutes drive. We will visit again. So when it states the two bedroom suite is 2200 sq ft, with a 500 sq ft wrap around porch, it is not a typo!

Room Tip: Mariner suite I believe it was as far as the size of my room, but I don't believe your going to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank heather102674
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The 3 room bedroom was fantastic, The view awesome... definitly coming back soon. The kids love it!!! . Its an awesome place with crazy good suites and views.
...Next time we go back, we stay longer at the same hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ogupineda
Dear ogupineda,

I am very delighted to hear how much you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for a longer stay the next time you visit Southwest Florida.

Be Well,
#17 of 19 in Sanibel Island
Dolphin Key Resort
Dolphin Key Resort
#4 of 6 in Cape Coral

Been to The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village? Share your experiences!