“Clean, modern and friendly staff”

The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
Ontario
“Clean, modern and friendly staff”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at the Westin for a total of 3 weeks, 1 week in June, July and August. Each time I found the service to be excellent, it is obvious that this is a priority for management. The view was spectacular and the sunrises magnificent. The only suggestion I have is to put a pot of coffee in the lobby for guests who leave for work before the dining room opens.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Pat155
SE_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Pat155,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your three most recent stays with us. I am delighted to hear your visits at our resort were enjoyable and all pleasant ones. I hope you were able to take advantage of our thoughtful extras in your suite with the coffee maker and daily complimentary Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea.

Be Well, Eric Ashton General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Polish first
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I first visited this property on business, but then returned to celebrate my wife and I's birthdays. While off the beaten path, this resort is exactly what the doctor ordered. It is quiet, the staff is friendly, and the quality of the facilities is top notch. I'm sure the prices may vary, but they have been spot on the past two visits. This is truly one of the best resorts I have stayed at during my travels. I will also call out the front desk...Taylor remembered me from my precious trip...what a great quality to make people feel at home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jason R
Dear Jason R,

I am delighted to hear you had a wonderful experience during your business travel that you decided to come back with your wife and truly enjoy our facilities on another level. I am also happy to hear one of our team members made a lasting impression during your stay. I will be sure to pass along your praises to Taylor and her Supervisor.

Eric Ashton General Manager
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Largest rooms I have ever experienced in my travels, and that includes four continents! Marble,granite, you name it, and 2200 sq ft to boot! All for the price of what I have paid for a four star hotel in any other metro area for the night! Now, the cons. Yes, there had to be a downside right.? Valet parking was extreme, but they did allow you to self park for free so I was okay with that. The baby ran out of milk I believe the third night there so we ran down to purchase rather than go to the store that evening. $6.50 for pint of milk. Let me remind you that this is two cups, yes, I said a pint. Also, advertises more like a Gulf front property, it is not. It is on an inner bay, which then connects around the bend to the Gulf. Bottom line, no beachfront view. It is a pretty, rather calming view, but definetely no beach! Just to note, I live on the Gulf of Mexico, and we found the most amazing shelling areas on the planet within a thirty minutes drive. We will visit again. So when it states the two bedroom suite is 2200 sq ft, with a 500 sq ft wrap around porch, it is not a typo!

Room Tip: Mariner suite I believe it was as far as the size of my room, but I don't believe your going to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank heather102674
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The 3 room bedroom was fantastic, The view awesome... definitly coming back soon. The kids love it!!! . Its an awesome place with crazy good suites and views.
...Next time we go back, we stay longer at the same hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ogupineda
Dear ogupineda,

I am very delighted to hear how much you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for a longer stay the next time you visit Southwest Florida.

Eric Ashton General Manager
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The room was fantastic, stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment with all amenities, including washer and drier.
The view was good, over the lakes.
Swimming pool is very small for the size of the hotel.
Breakfast which was to be included with our Platinum status, however they charge per item, less $18 per person.
So breakfast on the first day ended up being almost eighty dollars, less $36 for being platinum, after complaining that we were not made aware of this, there was no extra charge.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jtwmusic,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear your room and amenities were highly enjoyed. Next time you visit, be sure to check out the two additional pools we have available for our guests over at the recreation center, where we also have tennis courts, bocce ball, horseshoes, a walking trail and more!
My sincere apologies for any misunderstanding about your breakfast credit, although I am glad to hear this was taken care of.

Again, thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Eric Ashton
nyc
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have been all over...From US to Carribean...and never in my life did I ever experience such a nice room...Most people talk about how great the staff wasand I am sure they were, but I can't really review them because there was really no need to interact with them...The only interaction I had asked for was an extended checkout and on the spot it was granted even though the hotel was at an almost 100% capacity...I definitely review this hotel 5 stars...If there was a 10 star review they would get that...Next time we go back, we stay longer at the same hotel.

Room Tip: Request a 2 bedroom suite...The rooms are incredible.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TwistedInNYC
Dear TwistedInNYC,

It is such a wonderful compliment to have you say our resort was one of the nicest rooms you have ever stayed in. We work hard each and every day to make sure our guests have a memorable experience and am delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us and our spacious suites.

I look forward to have you as a guest again in the near future!

Eric Ashton
Sanford, Florida
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Super high marks across the board (we had an upgrade to a suite). That said and looking for anything that could be better 1) the out side bar/snack bar area is a smoking area. 2 or 3 (or more) smokers ruin it for everyone and there is no other outdoor/casual area to enjoy a drink and a snack. Its an awesome place with crazy good suites and views. I hope this helps.

• Stayed August 2013
Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel
Dolphin Key Resort
Dolphin Key Resort
#5 of 6 in Cape Coral

Been to The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village? Share your experiences!