“Very pleased” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
Sanford, Florida
“Very pleased”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Super high marks across the board (we had an upgrade to a suite). That said and looking for anything that could be better 1) the out side bar/snack bar area is a smoking area. 2 or 3 (or more) smokers ruin it for everyone and there is no other outdoor/casual area to enjoy a drink and a snack. Its an awesome place with crazy good suites and views. I hope this helps.

2 Thank William P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Polish first
Tampa Bay, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We drove here for a low-hassle getaway, and had a really great experience. Our stay was off-season and an amazing price for a regular room; that the hotel upgraded us to a one-bedroom suite (with full kitchen) and included breakfast daily because of hotel loyalty program status made it a steal. The suite was really nicely decorated, immaculate, huge, and had a view of a nature preserve and the water and a large screened in balcony.
Guests should know the surrounding area is residential, so either plan to drive so you can explore farther afield on your own (as we did) or plan to entertain yourself with the resort facilities. The pool is very nice, and there is a water taxi to Fort Myers beach (which we did not get to try), and a new kids activity room (which we did try).
For breakfast, Marker 92 was lovely - the outdoor patio overlooking the water is still pleasant before the heat of the day and Amelia, who was our server each day, could not have been more friendly and helpful. Just a pleasant, perfect start to the day. The prices, though, are high and after dinner there the first night we decided to drive elsewhere - with Azucar (Cuban food) being a great find.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LisaB892
MP_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear LisaB892,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Westin Cape Coral. We are thrilled to know you took advantage of some of our thoughtful amenities such as the new activities room and rewarding benefits being a Starwood Preferred Guest. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Stuart, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

My boyfriend & I chose the Westin at Cape Coral to stay at to celebrate my birthday. We got an excellent deal through TravelZoo and were able to stay in a suite, which was the cleanest room I've ever stayed in at any hotel. Smelled clean too! We brought our cat with us & were thrilled that it was complimentary to have him in the room--that's rare. Anna at the front desk was so sweet and informative each time we needed anything. We had a maintenance issue the third day of our stay and after a call to the concierge, a repairman arrived almost immediately. The valet service was wonderful too, as we were able to hop on their golf cart to get taxied to the hotel from our car and avoid getting rained on during a terrible thunderstorm. We rented fishing poles from the on site service and had a GREAT time, caught catfish & snapper! Captain Rick was very nice and helpful for pointing us to good fishing spots & supplying our bait ($5 for a big pack of shrimp). Overall, we had a wonderful time & would definitely recommend it. The in-room kitchen, fully stocked, is a big selling point. We were able to save money (we're broke college kids from Stetson!) by bringing groceries and cooking there.

My only complaint is that I was charged a $65.08 resort fee every day of our stay. Although this is refunded to you within 7-10 days of check out, I wasn't given any notice that this would happen. May not be a big deal if you've got extra cash but for a young couple on a budget, an extra, unexpected charge of $250+ was really disappointing. I understand it will be refunded but until then, I'm out that amount. I spoke to a woman at the front desk about it--not sure of her name, not the younger blonde one or Anna, another lady--and she wasn't understanding or helpful. She just kept saying "it's automatic" upon me asking why I wasn't told of these charges at check in. Anyway, everything else was great!

3 Thank Nora P
Dear NoraP,

Thank you for the great review of your recent stay with us. It is always wonderful to hear when our associates are making memorable experiences for our guests. I will absolutely share your praises with all of the departments and associates you mentioned who made your experience at the Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village a memorable one. We are very sorry for any inconvenience about the credit card holding. Once this has been refunded, if you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us and it would be our pleasure to review.

On behalf of myself and the entire staff, we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Tampa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We found this hotel to be very nice overall. With that said, let me explain the bad first, then the good. We have gold status, but were advised there were not any upgrades available at check-in, so we got a standard room. That was fine and although the room is a little on the small side, we found it to be quite comfortable, well appointed and quiet until it was time to get some sleep. At about 1130pm, the kids in the room next to us were talking loudly. We could hear every word they said. They quieted down in 30 minutes. Then we could hear people walking around on tile floor upstairs somewhere. It sounded like a herd of cattle wearing high heels. Then we heard someone having a party out on the patio somewhere. And a dog barking topped it off. So we went downstairs at 1am requesting a new room. We were asked which room was causing the noise and we really didn't know. Several of them were as far as we could tell. The noise was so bad that we fully intended to leave if there weren't any other rooms available. After about 20 minutes of looking for another room, we were moved to a 2 bedroom suite which was very nice. (Although we were told earlier in the day that there weren't any upgrades available).

Now for the 2 bedroom, wow, it is really nice. The 2 bedrooms face the marina with a view to the south. (1 bedrooms and standard rooms face the preserve to the east). The living room is large with a sofa and chairs and a 42" TV. There's a 6 seat dining room table and a full kitchen with stainless steel appliances. The master bedroom has a king bed, a large walk in closet, a very large bathroom with a stand up shower and two sinks. There's a 32" TV in the master bedroom and a door to the lanai. The other bedroom has two full size beds, another walk in closet, a 32" TV and sliding doors to the lanai. There are also sliders from the living room to the lanai. There is a 2nd bathroom with a tub/shower that's large and nice. It felt like a Vegas high rollers suite. We thoroughly enjoyed relaxing on the lanai in the evening with some tropical drinks overlooking the marina. The only complaint that I have about the suite is that the A/C is loud. We closed the door to the bedroom and it was fine.

The hotel has an overall nice and new feel. The pool area isn't rowdy at all and the outdoor bar is somewhat separated. The grounds are very nice. Although we didn't use all the amenities, there is a free water taxi to Ft. Myers beach, free bike rentals, etc. The concierge was very helpful in finding us a place to rent waverunners and offered to call them to negotiate a better rate for us.

The adjacent village shops really don't have much to offer. The hotel is in a residential area and a bit of a drive to the beaches or islands (roughly 30 mins with light traffic), but still well worth it in my opinion. There's ample, free parking in the garage. The staff was very friendly especially the bellman. If I could get a 2 bedroom suite here, I would definitely stay again if I'm in the area.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suites face the marina to the south. 1 bedroom and standard rooms face the preserve to th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BC97
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We came from Orlando for a weekend trip and as soon as we pulled up we were impressed. Beautiful lobby, friendly staff, and great room. We had some issues at the restaurant with our server but the hostess, Bri was fantastic and made up for it. We can't wait to come back and bring our boat - we were very happy here and are looking forward to another stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MP_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear ktown25,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. We look forward to seeing you... and your boat in the near future!

Miami, fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

From the moment we walked in, you can feel the professionalism and kindness from personnel. There was our first contact, again a young, professional, polite and helpful Front desk Agent who made the difference. (Taylor) She made sure we got our our needs fulfilled, information provided, and we were able to enjoy every aspect of the Hotel.
Awesome restaurant Marker 92, with great and healthy choices, as well as the bar, right next to the pool which we enjoyed next to the water view. All the amenities you can think of, just a place to re visit every time on Cape Coral.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear fonziesun,

I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will gladly share your praises with Taylor and her Supervisor.

On behalf of myself and the entire staff we look forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband (wheelchair) & I, both in our 30's stayed at the Westin Cape Coral for 3 nights, Aug. 9-12. Everything is beautiful. From the grounds of the bldg., lobby, room, everything is very clean.

Room ~ We had a handicap accessible room on the 6th floor overlooking the preserve. It was very peaceful & tranquil. The 1-bedroom suite was big, full kitchen with cookware, plates, cups etc. Shower did not have a pull down seat but they did bring a bathroom chair. The bedroom was spotless. No dust stains, no dirty floors. Im big on where I stay & this resort is very clean. No pull out sofa. Flat screen tv, fans, plenty of lighting. Full washer & dryer & dishwasher. We went shopping @ the Publix just up the road so we could cook in the unit. Room was spotless. Housekeeping came at 6pm the first time & 10am the second time.

Water Taxi ~ The water taxi that takes you to the beach is only ava. on Tues, Thrus & Sat. We arrived Fri. night & wanted to book for Sat. It was all booked! We were told that people book the taxi in advance. Not a big deal for us since we didnt really want to go to the beach anyways. But I could imagine someone might get very upset. The water taxi leaves at 10am and returns at 2pm. It takes about an hour to get to the beach by water taxi. Probably about the same for driving to. Book your spot early, you have until the night before 6pm to cxl. If you book & do not show up, you will be charged $15 pp.

Resort fee ~ I have to say that this resort fee is well worth it. Some hotels just cover parking & a newspaper. However, this resort fee covers wifi, bike rentals, kayaking, activites for the kids, parking, fitness room, water taxi. Great deal.

Pools ~ There are 3 pools. The main pool linked to the hotel tends to be more popular bc it faces the marina. Lots of people but great for kids. My husband & I were traveling without the kids, so we wanted something a little more quieter. The 2 other pools are outside the hotel area but not far. Ask the valet to take you in the golf cart & call the front desk when your ready to leave, they will pick you up right way. Left pool is for lap swiming & right side pool was more for playing. Some kids but mostly adults. I went to the lap pool everytime & enjoyed. Not crowed at all. There are also bbq's if you want to cook by the pool. Pool was great.

Marina ~ There is an active marina on site with many boats. You can walk the boardwalk around marina & look at all the boats. They offer boat rentals, fishing tours, sunset & dolphin tours. We booked a sunset dolphin cruise for $27 pp. Boat was handicap accessible & they helped my husband on & off in his manual wheelchair. Captin & wife are very nice. Boat was clean, felt safe. We watched the sunset, saw dolphins & came back at night. About 90 min total with boarding & deboarding. Worth the money & felt longer. But book in adance if you can, spots fill up quickly. We almost missed out.

Overall I didn't want to leave. Very peaceful, clean & worth it. We got a special deal from travelzoo so it was an even better price. Wouldnt matter though bc I would stay here again with or without a deal. As long as you are aware in advance that you're not staying on the beach, then you will enjoy the property. The bike rentals were covenient, we saw ppl enjoying the kayaks. Good place to stay & you really dont have to leave.

3 Thank Drelynn123
MP_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Drelynn123,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share, in detail, your recent stay with us. It sounds as though you were able to enjoy many of the amenities the resort has to offer and I look forward to your return visit so you can take part in some that you missed. During our busier time of year the boat runs more days per week, so keep that in mind - or call ahead before checking in.

I am going to share your praises with our entire staff as I truly believe in recognizing their hard work and effort - especially when a guest shares their experiences with us.

On behalf of myself and the entire staff we hope to see you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Coral
#7 of 19 in Sanibel Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,074 reviews
Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area

Been to The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village? Share your experiences!