“Great hotel, wonderful location”

The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The Westin in Cape Coral is THE only place to stay. Rooms are exceptional as are all hotel staff. Restaurant is excellent. Just can't say enough good things about this hotel as Cape Coral is lacking in nice places to stay...this is the exception. The location feels like you are in some remote location, yet you are minutes from grocery stores, shoppes and other dining options. Thumbs up for Westin Cape Coral !!!!

Room Tip: Corner suites...perfect; higher floors for view and quiet!!
2  Thank townboundgal
MP_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear townboundgal,

Wow, thank you for your wonderful review of our resort! We are grateful for guests such as yourself and hope that you will return sometime soon!

Eric Ashton

Write a ReviewReviews (1,573)

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions with my family. Whenever we want a quick getaway and go fishing this is our mini vacation getaway. Great service, upscale setting and excellent quality. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are gorgeous, the views from the balcony is beautiful...what can I say? This is my perfect place when I need to getaway from it all!
I was one their very first guests when the hotel first opened and have been going back every since. Always the same great experience! One of the very nicest hotels I have ever stayed at...and I have been to many.

Room Tip: Balcony view beautiful. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Caribbeangonecountry

Dear Caribbeangonecountry,

I enjoyed reading about your recent stay with us and finding out you've been a guest of this resort since it opened in 2009! I am delighted to hear that you consistently have a memorable experience and am looking forward to continuing to provide quality service each and every time for you and your family.

See you again soon!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed for a long week-end in June. Was impressed with the size of the rooms, you walk into a full kitchen with all of the appliances, full living room with a long screened porch overlooking the water, then a large bedroom with two separate sinks. Tile entryway and tile bathroom, very nicely decorated. Used the pool and the workout facility, very nicely appointed with wet, cold towels for the end of your workout in the gym. Would highly recommend!

1  Thank ChasTraveler1

Dear ChasTraveler1,

I was delighted to read about your recent stay with us! It sounds as though you took advantage of many of the amenities we offer to our guests and we hope you'll come back again to experience them all over again.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed in room 1614, which had a preserve and river view. The beds and linens were the best! We slept so good. The room was very clean. In fact, the entire resort is extremely clean. Our balcony overlooked the preserve and river. The balcony was huge and had a ceiling fan. There was a small refrigerator and a 1 cup coffee maker. The pool is nice. There is also an exercise room. My husband got the AAA discount when booking the room directly on the Westin's website. The room was $111.20 per night plus 5% state tax, 6% resort charge and a bed tax ($5.56 nt).

Make sure to print out directions or use a GPS to get to the resort. It is a little distance from the main road to the resort and could be a bit confusing if driving at night for the first time.

Room Tip: It is quieter on the higher floors. You hear no noise from traffic, people, daily resort operations...
1  Thank countdowntovacation

Dear countdowntovacation,

Thank you for sharing your recent vacation experience with us. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to having you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very quiet ,beautiful hotel with great views and tremendous staff. Anna Marie at the check in was wonderful as she upgraded my standard room to a one bedroom with a huge balcony overlooking the marina. There was plenty of FREE parking. The hotel is sparkling clean and just walking into the lobby with the Westin aroma is heavenly. One negative is the pool is very small. Another is their restaurant,Marker92. My waitress,Krista,was fantastic. My wife's fish entrée was so salty you could actually see the salt sitting on top of it. Krista very nicely brought her another on top of offering up free desert. My prime rib was something you would see at the Golden Corral. Considering this restaurant is nowhere inexpensive,I expected a bit more. All in all,I will return to this property when the chance arises.

Room Tip: Get a high floor to overlook the marina .
2  Thank Marty46r

Dear Marty46r,

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the resort. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the room as well as some of the resorts amenities.

I am going to share your praises with Krista as well as let the management know about your disappointment with the dishes you ordered.

Next time you're in the area and staying with us, I hope you will take advantage of the two additional pools we have available for our resort guests.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and some friends of ours went to the Westin Cape Coral for some R&R on Memorial Day week-end. Man did we pick the right place. Clean, fantastic staff, great food, great pool bar, and views to die for. Let me start with the check-in. Very efficient, knowledgeable and friendly. All of them impressed me, but Jennie was my STANDOUT. Nice, nice pleasant girl. I was looking for my wife and she grabbed my arm and said let's go I will help you. She had me laughing. Also very knowledgeable and comfortable around guests. All Hotels need a Jennie! The Pool Bar and the food from the Restaurant on property was also fantastic. Mahi-Mahi Sandwich great, pizza great, breakfast great. Josh Brannen was a wizard! man that kid was non-stop. Right there when you needed him, efficient and made sure you were satisfied. All the Wait Staff is to be commended as well as the Chefs for a job well done. Really, great job. Marty and Howard at the Pool Bar are also standouts. They had me and others at the Bar entertained and laughing and were just great Bartenders. They helped to start conversations and included all. They made us all friends. Drinks were great and prices reasonable. Please, do not let any of this Staff go unrecognized. Great people, with great training. Knowledgeable about there product, and most of all they all liked working there. That in itself says something. Thank you all for a great week-end. Ralph M. and JoAnn Andradez

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear RalphAndradez,

To replicate the subject of your review - "WOW!" Thank you for your outstanding review of your recent stay with us. It is always so wonderful to hear when our associates are making memorable experiences for our guests. I will absolutely share your praises with Jennie, Josh, Marty, Howard, the wait staff, Chef and all their managers.

On behalf of myself and the entire staff, we hope that you and your wife will find time to visit us again in the near future.

Be well,

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Decided to try the resort for an overnight on my drive from Miami to Sarasota. The hotel sits well into the Westin Resort property - I missed the first turnoff, and the second was gated, so it took me a little while to actually find my way to the hotel. The parking garage entrance comes before the main entrance, so I parked in an open spot and walked the rest of the way.

Arrived at 10:15 pm on a Saturday night so the restaurants, bars and room service were all closed, though the front desk clerk told me that they could arrange to have something brought in. The lobby was huge and impressive, but to me it lacked any sense of human scale or warmth. Was upgraded to a junior suite on the seventh floor, which was very spacious, as might be expected in a resort/timeshare facility. When I got to the door, the RF keys didn't work, but almost before I turned around, the clerk was already hurrying off the elevator to give me new ones, as he realized that he'd forgotten to program them.

The suite was large and well-appointed, but felt somewhat institutional, probably because it's designed to be a longer-term rental where you'd personalize it yourself. The best part was a screened-in balcony which ran the width of the living room and bedroom, where I was able to read and watch the sunrise over the wildlife preserve and lagoon.

Breakfast on the restaurant patio was very pleasant, with good-sized servings of fresh fruit, and excellent coffee.

I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here again, but if you like the resort atmosphere, I suspect you'd find this a good stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear JEM196204,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us. It sounds as though you had a very short stay and I do hope that if you are ever in the area again you will be able to stay a bit longer and enjoy some of the wonder amenities the resort has to offer.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Coral
#6 of 19 in Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island Beach Resort
Sanibel Island Beach Resort
#16 of 19 in Sanibel Island

Been to The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village? Share your experiences!