“Great stay for a short overnight trip”

The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I am really glad to see a Starwood location in this part of Florida. I checked-in for an overnight stay at an excellent rate. As a Platinum, I was upgraded to a one bedroom suite on the top floor. The suite was quite large -- it was the equivalent of a one bedroom condo with a full sized kitchen, w/d, and liv/dining room and separate bedroom area. The room was very nice and comfortable. As for the property itself, this is a very large resort for something in Cape Coral. I think they will need to improve in some areas. For instance, we dined at the Mark 92 restaurant which had everything from Steaks to Sushi. The variety was good, but the cocktails needed some work. Another was the assistance when we drove up. There was no door or bellman to be found ---I had lots of luggage but managed. This was the same story on my check-out which is was in the very early morning hours. However, I found the staff to be very professional and friendly at the front desk (Rachel?) and at the Mark 92. Overall, I found this hotel to be a great value and I would definately return. Hopefully I won't have to rely on my own bartending skills for a nice cocktail and I'll carry lighter luggage. This is likely the highest option for hotels in the area at this point.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
MP_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear MaxTraveller,

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I will certainly let Rachel and the restaurant teams know of your praises as well as make sure to address the bellman situation with our Guest Services Manager.

We are also thrilled to be in Southwest Florida - an area that has been lacking a Starwood location and we hope to see you again in the near future... hopefully for longer than just an overnight stay.

Eric Ashton

Write a ReviewReviews (1,598)

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I am a Starwood platinum member and I am a frequent guest at Westin hotels. Recently I came to this hotel to have a relaxing weekend. When we arrived, we were surprised that there was no security check at the main entrance gate, but we thought it's probably not a big deal. However, when we went to the swimmingpool, which is really small, we realized that it was full of families with kids who were not hotel guests. We confirmed this when we saw them leaving the hotel facilities in their pickup trucks with all their belongings. We noticed that there is no control at the pool gate so, anybody can get in, take some fresh towels, and spend the day at the pool. We supposed it must be known that this hotel is easy to get in for free. We found that It is a pitty we payed for some level of privacy and exclusivity and we felt like we were in a public pool. Maybe this is the way the hotel make some profit from the pool bar. By the way, the cocktails are awful. At the end, What's the point to pay for a room at this hotel if you can enjoy its facilities in for free and sleep somewhere else? It was a very dissapointing experience!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Viajeromundial007,

I appreciate your feedback in regards to your experiences while staying at our resort. While the issue has not come up in the past for any of our three pools, I can absolutely understand your frustration. Because of your feedback we are putting some new procedures in place immediately to alleviate the potential of non-guests using the pool.

As a platinum member, I also know the level of service you are accustomed to and we strive to provide this to each and every guest. I do hope that if you are ever in the area again you will allow us the opportunity to not just meet, but exceed your expectations.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Great property SPG'ers! Truly a good place to come and relax and "hide" from the world. We would highly recommend this property---the Mariners Suite is just fabulous! Staff are all friendly and grounds are beautifully maintained. Come see for yourself...

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
MP_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Ran G.,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience - and you were staying in one of my favorite room types!

Next time you're looking for a getaway close to home, we hope you'll stay with us!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

After a lousy stay at Westin in Fort Lauderdale I was reluctant to stay at another Westin and actually booked at Hampton on a trip to Cape Coral. We went to the Westin met their great staff including Remi, Matt and Jason and made our move. What a great facility they have hidden here at Tarpon Point. The suite is stupendous, full kitchen, dining area, living room Master suite walk in closet dual sinks and washer and dryer!!!! Wow. Nauti Mermaid outdoor tavern was great. Pool and hot tub fantastic. Etc etc this place is thee place to stay in Cape Coral. Primo. Thanks guys for restoring my faith in the Westin brand after Fort Lauderdale had almost annihilated it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Doug W.,

I am delighted to hear that we were able to turn your previous experience at another Westin property around and that you gave our resort a chance! It sounds as though you were able to enjoy some of the wonderful amenities our resort has to offer and came in contact with many of our associates who then provided a memorable experience for you. I will be certain to share your praises with Remi, Matt and Jason, along with the rest of the management team.

I look forward to having you as a guest again in the near future.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Over the last few weeks I have stayed at multiple different SPG accounts across Australia and the States - Cape Coral's Westin set the bar for all of them.
During check-in Rachel was wonderfully helpful providing me with hotel layout, room amenities (and how to use them), and an upgrade to a beautiful suite.
Shortly there after I found myself at the outside for sunset and a drink, which turned into dinner and drinks because of the overwhelming hospitality and friendliness of Tera. I was immediately greeted with smiles and 'how can I help you's' upon sitting....and was eventually introduced to Regulars around who struck up great conversations.

I highly recommend staying here, be it a night, or a weekend getaway not only for the beautiful rooms and grounds but because of the incredible guest
hospitality by all who I encountered.

• Stayed: May 2013
MP_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Robert B.,

I was so delighted to read about your recent stay with us and how we set the bar for some of the other locations you've visited over the last few weeks. This is a tremendous compliment and I will certainly share your feedback with our entire staff, especially Rachel and Tera.

My only hope is that during your next visit you'll be able to spend more than just a night with us so you can experience some of the wonderful amenities and activities the resort has to offer.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

top rated service, very friendly staff, and the hotel is charming. The only down side is the location, there isn't much to do nearby. But, I would stay here again, as the hotel makes up for it. Lots of walking/biking paths, and the pools was great too. The Westin never dissapoints!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Joanne G.,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience during your stay - sounds like you were able to enjoy some of the wonderful onsite amenities and activities we provide for our guests to allow them to keep busy or just relax!

I hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

In the past, service in the restaurant and bar areas has been spotty at best. Long waits for drinks and food. But lately service has significantly improved. In particular, on my last visit, a server named Hanoi was very friendly and got my food and drinks in a short timeframe. She would appear to be a very welcome addition to the Westin team, and hopefully a good sign of things to come.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Griffin S
MP_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Griffin S,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent dining experience with us - I am pleased to hear that you had a memorable experience and I have already let Hanoi and her supervisor know of your compliments.

We hope to see you again soon.

General manager

Sanibel Island Beach Resort
#16 of 20 in Sanibel Island
Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area
Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel

Been to The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village? Share your experiences!