“Wonderful Unique Resort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Unique Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This spot was a wonderful surprise as I've never been to the area. Booked it since we saw it just became a Westin. It's a newish property... I think someone said about 3.5 years old... and was originally built as resort residences so the facility is much higher end than a typical hotel. We had a 2BR Suite that was just fantastic... more like an apartment. The property is remote, but I liked that aspect as it's so relaxing. We spent time just lounging at the pool as well taking advantage of the many activities on site... it was so nice we didn't feel the urge to leave. We enjoyed some of the activities that the resort provided (they print a schedule for the week)... did Yoga class and a few others... also took advantage of the great new bikes they just got to ride around the residential area. My son also loved the Bocce court and we rented kayaks and played tennis. The views and sunsets are fantastic (you see Sanibel and Captiva in the distance)... drove there one day... easy drive, about 30 mins. Didn't take advantage of the complimentary boat to Ft. Myers beach as we were so content at the property... will do next time as we'll plan more time. The staff was friendly and efficient and the food at the restaurant was very good... loved the raw bar... and especially enjoyed the breakfasts. This place is sort of like a little secret hideaway that Westin found and is doing all the right things to bump it up to the Westin way... to make it the best it can be. It's already a great place and I can only see it improving in the future. Very highly recommended.

2 Thank WINEandTRAVEL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Great hotel with clean, well-appointed, and comfortable rooms. I especially liked the balcony, bed, TV, shower. The staff were all extremely friendly, courteous, and quick. We really enjoyed the pool and hot tub and the restaurants had great food at reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $10 to get a room on the upper floors with great views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank NickSpang
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Our daughter was married on the grounds, such a lovely spot and wonderful catered food. The rooms were great and everyone was very pleased. We live in the Cape and go to Marker 96 quite regularly for food, atmosphere and music. The hotel has a Tiki Hut Bar they call Marker 96 and it's become a real meeting place for our friends.

Room Tip: Call ahead!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank avlady
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We are from Dallas and originally were going to go to Austin for spring break, but at the last minute we decided to head to Florida for some beach action and guaranteed sunshine! WOW, we were so fortunate to find the Westin Cape Coral!

From the minute we stepped on property until the last day we left we had nothing but amazing service, fabulous food and great accomodations! First of all, to call what we stayed in a "two-bedroom suite" is a MAJOR understatement! It was a two-bedroom apartment with a full kitchen with state of the art appliances, dining room, double bedroom as the second room with its own bath and then a full master suite with walk-in closet and two vanities and a screened in balcony!! The only word to describe is WOW!

My husband and I have been in the hotel industry for over 20 years and stayed all over the country, this property is one of the nicest out there! But the phyiscal structure cannot stand alone without service to back it up, and boy they sure back it up! The front desk service was amazing, warm and inviting up to everyone encountered!

Rest assured that we will return to the Westin Cape Coral again!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the house, we were right off the elevator (traditionally on...
2 Thank Hollym45
Windermere, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed there for a weekend alone away from the kids. When we checked it they did not have any more suites. As that is what we reserved, they quickly upgraded us to a two bedroom condo and it was awesome. S awesome that we ended up having the sitter bring the kids down for the weekend. The kids activities were great and the staff very friendly. This is also a great place to rent a boat and explore the islands. Overall a wonderful experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jim T
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

When I opened the door to my room I was in shock! What you get here, you should pay AT LEAST $500 a night for. I really felt like I was in home not a hotel room. The service is fantastic, the food is great and the views and balcony space make you feel right at home. You would be nuts not to stay here!

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank bgualario
MP_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear bandl t,

Thank you so much for your stellar review of the property! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Be Well,
Eric Ashton
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I chose this hotel to be close to family who were in from the north. It is a nice hotel. I don't have any real complaints. Although, when I booked online, I paid a small additional fee for a Premium Water View instead of the preserve/river. When I checked in I confirmed that this was what I was getting and she said only the 1 and 2 bedroom suites have the water view, not the standard room. I showed her my confirmation stating I was suppposed to get Premium Water. She then consulted with another employee and came back and said yes, you will have a water view on a high floor; it will be nice. We did get a nice, high view; it was still 2/3 preserve/river, but my guest actually preferred it. The private balcony is screeened in and I believe I heard her telling another guest that all the rooms are this way, so you can't take any photos from the balcony. (They probably have to be since there are no guard rails.) This hotel is not on the beach; it is near boats at a marina and there is not alot around, but it is nice and quiet, and I believe they have a free boat taxi to the near beach. They have a beautiful gazebo at which I believe weddings take place. We had breakfast at the Marker 92 restaurant, which is a bit limited in selection and pricey. In order to avoid a shortage of towels like other guests had reported, we asked for additional towels in the evening and we were accommodated quickly. One suggestion I have is a sign be put on the door of the fitness center, because I watched 4 other guests besides myself try to pull the door open, then try to use a guest key, when it actually pushed in.

2 Thank BocaDeb
Dear BocaDeb,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I appreciate your suggestion about the Westin Workout Room and I will be sure to share this with the team. To help clarify some of your concerns, each guest room does have a waterview, whether it be of the preserve, marina or the river as well as a screened in lanai to help keep the bugs away - especially in the rainier months. The resort does offer a complimentary water taxi to Fort Myers Beach every day so guest can enjoy the hustle bustle of Fort Myers Beach, yet return to the resort for a more relaxing vacation. To your point, we are in a quieter part of town, however we offer several activities for all ages as well to help keep our guests busy, a full-service spa & salon, several shops, bicycle tours, etc.

I hope you will come back to stay with us again in the near future!

Be Well,
BEST WESTERN PLUS Beach Resort
BEST WESTERN PLUS Beach Resort
#2 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 1,514 reviews

Been to The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village? Share your experiences!