“Beautiful resort in a secluded location.”

The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Wonderful Resort. We had a great view of the boats tied up at the docks. I can't say enough about the staff. When I checked in there was a problem so the agent upgraded us to a suite-only this was a 3 bedroom, full kitchen, dining, and living room. About 2,000 square feet of space! Nice when one is spending 6 days there. It helps to have a car if you want to eat off site as cab service takes a while. We truly enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013
MP_CapeCoral, General Manager at The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Bill H.,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. It sounds like the upgrade to the 3-bedroom suite was perfect for your length of stay!

I hope you will take the opportunity to stay with us again on future vacations.

Stay Well,
Eric Ashton

Write a ReviewReviews (1,574)

Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful destination hotel with truly beautiful views. It is located a bit out of the way, so if shopping in Naples or night life is you goal then this is not close to those activities. But if you like to see the sunrise and the sunset from your balcony overlooking Tarpon Point bay or relax by the pool, take a cruise on a yacht or just get away from crowds---this is a very relaxing place to be. It is secluded, quiet, and very, very luxurious. The rooms and service were among the best I have stayed in and I have stayed at the Ritz and 4 Seasons. There is just one restaurant, with good food too, but no other on site options for dining. There are a few stores yet also limited shopping. Exercise room is well equipped and overlooks the pool so also very nice. I was here on business so it was a great place for me to get a good night sleep and to relax and unwind when I had some free time. A little bit of a drive to get there and to get to Ft Myers or anywhere else so not a great proximity if you have business meetings in Naples or elsewhere. Still, a very nice hotel and relaxing place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We had a lovely stay, hotel is beautiful. Our 11th floor room and balcony were 5 star. The food in the restaurant is wonderful, do try the breakfast buffet, the waffles, pancakes and berries are sublime. The seafood is very good as well. They are going through some adjustments since becoming a Westin, they do not have menus or info about spa services and ammenities conveinently available for guests to access. Some of the staff seemed dismissive when I tried to ask simple questions. I was thankful we brought our Ipad although the wifi was not always reliable. The nearby deli just closed so your only option for food is the restaurant or pool bar, our room had a small refridgerator and there is a grocery located near by. Daily housekeeping is hit or miss although our room was spotless upon checkin. The spa located on the second floor of the promenade is wonderful, very reasonable rates and a great way to start your stay

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We loved this beautiful hotel but because it is still transitioning to becoming a Westin, I think I would wait and go when that has fully occurred. The rooms are amazing and when you look out at the water, you feel like you are on a boat, it is so close. The staff were friendly and accommodating to every need. We were only disappointed in the housekeeping not being up to the level we have had at other fine hotels. We thought the two restaurants did not offer enough variety from each other and were disappointed there were so few shops to browse in. There were no movies in the room or list of things to do and places to go.

Room Tip: I would say a high enough room to feel like you are on the water
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sl240
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Nice westin property in a marina master planned development. The hotel room was nice but no mini bar which is odd for a westin. The pool area is nice and the fitness room has a ton of treadmills! I ordered room service a Cesar salad and a glass of wine which came to $49 so I don't know what was up with that. So check your bill as I was also charged twice for my room service on my final folio. The restaurant and on-site bar are great but the manger was creepy. I had the blackened grouper and it was fab! I am super picky about fish so I was very happy with my choice. This was a trip for business and I would not stay here for a vacation.

Room Tip: Get the local grouper for dinner
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RoryHeidi
Reviewed January 27, 2013

One of the best places I've stayed. The rooms are huge and very well done. I could live in one of these. The pool, spa and restaurant were all wonderful. Everything we asked for was delivered. The location is a long way from anything, so expect to stay at the resort most of the time. But that's a good thing.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I purchased a two night stay at this hotel which had been donated to a school auction. We drove there, not knowing what to expect. And were we ever surprised. We drove up to this beautiful property and were treated excellent, from the time we arrived until we left. The valet and bell staff went above and beyond for us. The front desk staff were delightful. They upgraded our room which was a surprise. The suite was beautifully decorated with top grade linens and details. We were so comfortable we only left the property one time. The restaurant has very good food with almost a spa-like menu. We enjoyed the happy hour at the Nauti Mermaid bar with discount drink prices and good sushi. We found out that Westin had taken over the property in early December and had already made upgrades and changes. It showed. We look forward to returning to this place.

Room Tip: Our unit was more central to the building so we got both sunrises and sunsets from our balcony. And...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
#6 of 19 in Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island Beach Resort
Sanibel Island Beach Resort
#16 of 19 in Sanibel Island

Been to The Westin Cape Coral Resort At Marina Village? Share your experiences!